Catrike Road Modifications: 24 Inch MTBs All Way Round and Others Update (two weeks)
I had the following installed on my Catrike Road:
1. Marathon Plus tires and thorn proof tubes
2. 24" MTB rims all way round
3. SRAM - 81 gear set up
4. Rotor cranks
5. Fenders and rear rack
24” rim initial ride results (two weeks):
1. Braking...saw no effects.
2. Steering...turn around ability has decreased, but was not significant.
3. More comfortable...yes, especially when I hit the small imperfections in the road. With the wider tires, ride is smoother and quieter.
4. etc...getting in and out trike is easier since I am two inches higher off the ground.
5. Speed...saw no degradation considering the rotor cranks.
SRAM – 81 gear set up
Speed on flats improves significantly
1. Knee pain less (am 54 yrs old)
2. Climbing much easier
Have not regretted above modifications. They have improved my riding experience tremendously.
Installation done by The Bicycle Company, 3800 Mesa Suite D5, El Paso, TX 79902, (915) 544-2453.
Catrike Road #116