So I'm looking at getting a recumbent. Due to some other financial responsibilities, I'm looking used instead of the flashy new tadpole I've been aspiring to. I've never ridden a tadpole due to the distance I'd need to travel to do so, I wanted to be prepared to make a purchase when I went.
I found a 2009 RANS V3 on Craigslist:
I have a few questions about this, and I'm hoping you folks can help me out:
1. Is the $1200 a reasonable price?
2. I noted the wheels are 650c. Is this common among recumbents?
3. I'm going to be getting a wheel with a dyno hub built. If the 650c is an odd size, is it worth it to go to a more standard 26" size?
4. Would a bike like this be suitable for distances / light touring? Basically I'd want to put on fenders and a rack for day trips so I could put some stuff in a trunk bag and / or pannier. For a week long tour, I'd like to be able to tow a trailer. If I were able to tow a trailer, would a single or double wheel be preferred?
5. Since I'm new to recumbents, anything I should watch out for when I'm looking at this?