Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Recumbent (http://www.bikeforums.net/recumbent/)
-   -   Anyone else having probs with BROL? (http://www.bikeforums.net/recumbent/902418-anyone-else-having-probs-brol.html)

20_700c 07-19-13 08:41 AM

Anyone else having probs with BROL?
 
Anyone else having probs with BROL? I keep getting server not found notices this morning.

BlazingPedals 07-19-13 08:57 AM

I'm getting errors too.

delcrossv 07-19-13 09:23 AM

Back up. :)

20_700c 07-19-13 09:26 AM

Yep. Back up now.. Thanks for checking/confirming.

JanMM 07-19-13 09:45 AM

Message went out recently that a software upgrade will be causing some temporary 'issues' soon. Don't know if that is related to this. This may just be a normal hiccup.

cplager 07-19-13 11:11 AM

It seems to be down again...

LWB_guy 07-19-13 12:20 PM

Yes, down again at 220pm. Oh well. Will try again tomorrow.

Robert C 07-19-13 05:12 PM

My problems with BROL are entirely different. It is a good forum to read; but, it is entirely clear that I am expected to remain silent. Oh, I can post little messages so long as they are certified content free; but reviews of bikes, or detailed questions are definitely not welcome. Any time I have posted a picture or a link it has been flagged as spam.

Part of the problem is that I am currently in China, and it seems to be common BROL knowledge that everyone in China is a spammer.

. . . but, like I said, it is a good forum to read. On BROL I saw that Utah Trikes is carrying to Rotovello. I mentioned it to my daughter (lives car-free in SLC) and she is going to go down and see if she can take a test ride.

gcottay 07-19-13 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert C (Post 15868750)
. . Part of the problem is that I am currently in China, and it seems to be common BROL knowledge that everyone in China is a spammer . . .

Oh yes. When you are using a China-allocated IP many systems consider your bytes guilty until proven innocent. Spam is pretty near the least of it.

Ajenkins 07-20-13 03:35 AM

Oh, lord, I got the boot from BROL years ago. One of the other members was sending me and my family death threats, and Bryan refused to do anything about it. So I took things into my own hands, and he got all pissy about it and shoved me out the window.

BROL was a nice site, and there was tons of good information there for bents (probably still is), but the moderation there was completely off the rails.

osco53 07-20-13 04:22 AM

Funny, I've never had a bad experience there, All Nice people, Even the heated debates were productive and fun. They do seem to be tadpole oriented overall but that's just my impression.

JanMM 07-20-13 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanMM (Post 15867264)
Message went out recently that a software upgrade will be causing some temporary 'issues' soon. Don't know if that is related to this. This may just be a normal hiccup.

According to a thread by BB, BROL is having intermittent server issues - the server will be replaced soon.
Content, moderation, etc. will be the same with a new server, for better or worse, depending on how you see it.

dogsridewith 08-11-13 06:50 PM

BROL--Server Not Found or Unavailable
 
BROL--Server Not Found or Unavailable. This am for me, and now. Sunday 8/11/2013 8:45pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

Jeff Wills 08-11-13 07:00 PM

Note on the BentRider Facebook page:
"Web guy just started messing with it. He's very hard to reach on Sundays. Religious fellow."

JanMM 08-11-13 07:17 PM

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to bentrideronline.com

Try reloading: bentrideronline.*com

Jeff Wills 08-11-13 07:23 PM

Latest note from Bryan:
"Looks like it will be several hours or tomorrow morning but he did finally find the flaw that's been causing all the downtime."

20_700c 08-11-13 07:40 PM

Bryan also posted earlier in the week that he was going to do a major database re-work this week (the database was something he blamed picture uploading and re-sizing issues on). I thought the site was down because of that. Upgrade the db and a flaw that took the SW guy a while to find on a low traffic day?

My fingers certainly aren't crossed for 100% up time this week on BROL.

Jeff Wills 08-11-13 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20_700c (Post 15950377)
Bryan also posted earlier in the week that he was going to do a major database re-work this week (the database was something he blamed picture uploading and re-sizing issues on). I thought the site was down because of that. Upgrade the db and a flaw that took the SW guy a while to find on a low traffic day?

My fingers certainly aren't crossed for 100% up time this week on BROL.


Naw... never happens. :crash:

FWIW: my wife is a software release manager. Her company rolled out an update for a customer yesterday, and things went well. We'll see if that's still true Monday.

20_700c 08-12-13 09:05 AM

It's back up.. but "burping" for me. By that I mean page load times vary from page to page. Shrug. **** happens.

Jeff Wills 08-12-13 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20_700c (Post 15951727)
It's back up.. but "burping" for me. By that I mean page load times vary from page to page. Shrug. Software happens.

Fixed it.

osco53 08-14-13 04:01 PM

BROL never stopped working for me, I guess problems can be IP sensitive, I dunno..


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:43 AM.