Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-14, 09:35 AM   #1
cplager 
The Recumbent Quant
Thread Starter
 
cplager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Norwalk, CT
Bikes: 2012 Cruzbike Sofrider, 2013 Cruzigami Mantis
Posts: 3,017
Recumbent Thread #4,000!

Hi,

This is the 4,000th recumbent thread!

As you were.

Charles
cplager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 10:19 AM   #2
Dudelsack 
A might bewildered...
 
Dudelsack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Loovul
Bikes: Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
Posts: 6,345
There are lots of benders on BF, but this site is never all that busy. Never sure why. Heck, we like to argue enough
__________________
Signature line for rent.
Dudelsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 01:10 PM   #3
Balsawings
Senior Member
 
Balsawings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Bikes: Trek Crossrip 2.1, Trek Dohmane 2.3, Sun EZ Sport AX
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
There are lots of benders on BF, but this site is never all that busy. Never sure why. Heck, we like to argue enough
We are the minority here and on the road. One of the reason I enjoy my bent so much is all the weird looks and comments I get from the uninformed masses. I like being different. I was riding to work last Friday and had to activate the crosswalk signal across the busiest street in town. After the stop light had changed I started across the street and one of the cars stopped at the light honked and both the driver and passenger stuck their arms out the window and gave me a big thumbs up. Now that made me feel good. Don't know if they did it because I was a cyclist or because I was riding a bent but I like to think it was because of the bent.
Balsawings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 01:15 PM   #4
cplager 
The Recumbent Quant
Thread Starter
 
cplager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Norwalk, CT
Bikes: 2012 Cruzbike Sofrider, 2013 Cruzigami Mantis
Posts: 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsawings View Post
We are the minority here and on the road. One of the reason I enjoy my bent so much is all the weird looks and comments I get from the uninformed masses. I like being different. I was riding to work last Friday and had to activate the crosswalk signal across the busiest street in town. After the stop light had changed I started across the street and one of the cars stopped at the light honked and both the driver and passenger stuck their arms out the window and gave me a big thumbs up. Now that made me feel good. Don't know if they did it because I was a cyclist or because I was riding a bent but I like to think it was because of the bent.
I get great comments from passers-by. When I rode in the Tour de Bronx with other 'bents, the crowd would sometimes literally go crazy jumping up and down and hollerin' at us. It was great!
cplager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 08:11 PM   #5
JanMM
rebmeM roineS
 
JanMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In Central IN
Bikes: RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
Posts: 13,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
There are lots of benders on BF, but this site is never all that busy. Never sure why. Heck, we like to argue enough
That's not true - you're wrong!
__________________
RANS V3 - Ti, RANS V-Rex - cromo, RANS Screamer - cromo
JanMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 06:26 AM   #6
Aushiker
Senior Member
 
Aushiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fremantle, Western Australia
Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Salsa Mukluk, Giant Defy
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMM View Post
That's not true - you're wrong!
No you are

Andrew
Aushiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 07:36 AM   #7
yakmurph
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: [redacted]
Bikes: [redacted]
Posts: 103
"I don't want to argue about that."
yakmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 03:24 PM   #8
cplager 
The Recumbent Quant
Thread Starter
 
cplager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Norwalk, CT
Bikes: 2012 Cruzbike Sofrider, 2013 Cruzigami Mantis
Posts: 3,017
Hey, hey, hey!

Let's not let this thread get off-topic!

(what? there is no topic of this thread? Oh..)

Never mind! Keep doing what you're doing!
cplager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 07:01 PM   #9
JanMM
rebmeM roineS
 
JanMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In Central IN
Bikes: RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
Posts: 13,207
Let's not get off on a tangent.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tangents_1.jpg (84.5 KB, 8 views)
__________________
RANS V3 - Ti, RANS V-Rex - cromo, RANS Screamer - cromo
JanMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 08:28 PM   #10
Dudelsack 
A might bewildered...
 
Dudelsack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Loovul
Bikes: Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
Posts: 6,345
Damn fools.



Oh, not us. The DF riders.
__________________
Signature line for rent.
Dudelsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 10:22 PM   #11
rydabent
Senior Member
 
rydabent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincoln Ne
Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Cruiser
Posts: 5,528
Jan

Is your tangent a recumbent or a DF?
rydabent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 07:04 AM   #12
Retro Grouch 
Senior Member
 
Retro Grouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: St Peters, Missouri
Bikes: Rans Rockst (Retro rocket) Rans Enduro Sport (Retro racket) Catrike 559, Merin Bear Valley (beater bike).
Posts: 26,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydabent View Post
Jan

Is your tangent a recumbent or a DF?
Hmmm. I'm thinking "Tangent" would be a good name for a recumbent manufacturer.
__________________
My greatest fear is all of my kids standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" dad was.
Retro Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 10:19 AM   #13
JanMM
rebmeM roineS
 
JanMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In Central IN
Bikes: RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
Posts: 13,207
The Tangents would be a great name for a rock band...................................apparently I'm not the first to think that.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aMp282bWZe...Uy0/s640/1.jpg
__________________
RANS V3 - Ti, RANS V-Rex - cromo, RANS Screamer - cromo
JanMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 10:20 AM   #14
JanMM
rebmeM roineS
 
JanMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In Central IN
Bikes: RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
Posts: 13,207
The Tangent Obtuse would be the 'bent product offering of Tangent Bicycles, Inc.
__________________
RANS V3 - Ti, RANS V-Rex - cromo, RANS Screamer - cromo
JanMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.