Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Recumbent (http://www.bikeforums.net/recumbent/)
-   -   Post your recumbents (pictures) (http://www.bikeforums.net/recumbent/94284-post-your-recumbents-pictures.html)

53-11_alltheway 03-21-05 10:53 AM

Post your pictures of what you ride.

lowracer1 03-21-05 01:08 PM

http://groups.msn.com/BicyclingForum...o&PhotoID=1764

http://groups.msn.com/BicyclingForum...o&PhotoID=2233

http://groups.msn.com/BicyclingForum...o&PhotoID=5009

http://groups.msn.com/BicyclingForum...o&PhotoID=6615

http://groups.msn.com/BicyclingForum...o&PhotoID=6996

http://groups.msn.com/BicyclingForum...o&PhotoID=7408

And a 2003 catrike speed.
http://www.catrike.com/

53-11_alltheway 03-21-05 01:18 PM

That's an awesome machine. Thanks for sharing.

I like the home theatre too :D (nice)

Spuds McDoogle 03-21-05 02:10 PM

One of my favorite recumbent designs is this one.
http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...ge2/tridem.gif

I tried to have 3 fellows ride in my homebuilt velomobile once and there was no room for the PBJs.

Spuds

Applehead57 03-21-05 02:46 PM

Man, are those long chains or what?

norton 03-21-05 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds McDoogle
One of my favorite recumbent designs is this one.
http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...ge2/tridem.gif

I tried to have 3 fellows ride in my homebuilt velomobile once and there was no room for the PBJs.

Spuds


Spuds.....Is that picture another one of your creative homemades?....You must be the very fit-looking rider on the rear.....How did you co-ordinate your start?...

I notice the front rider has the PBJs tucked in behind his helmet......like Epaminondes.....

Spuds McDoogle 03-21-05 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norton
Spuds.....Is that picture another one of your creative homemades?....You must be the very fit-looking rider on the rear.....How did you co-ordinate your start?...

I notice the front rider has the PBJs tucked in behind his helmet......like Epaminondes.....

I want to race this design some day. I can make a plastic coroplast, zip tie and duct tape storage bin between the seats and load it up with PBJs and Oreo cookies for a century ride.
http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...3/trainng2.jpg

This is one of the fastest recumbents out there and guaranteed to "smoke" any paceline of old folks who are doing a century ride.


Spuds

norton 03-21-05 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds McDoogle
I want to race this design some day. I can make a plastic coroplast, zip tie and duct tape storage bin between the seats and load it up with PBJs and Oreo cookies for a century ride.
http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...3/trainng2.jpg

This is one of the fastest recumbents out there and guaranteed to "smoke" any paceline of old folks who are doing a century ride.


Spuds


May you never cease to amaze.....& amuse....


How about 3 recycled enema bags for on the move hydration?....

Spuds McDoogle 03-21-05 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norton
May you never cease to amaze.....& amuse....


How about 3 recycled enema bags for on the move hydration?....

I could only fit 2 on this one.
http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...ge2/artic2.jpg

I have found that plastic zip-loc bags with a straw poked in the side and sealed with duct tape will work just like a Camelback.
Easy to make and CHEAP.


Spuds

BlazingPedals 03-21-05 08:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 53-11_alltheway
...Post your pictures of what you ride.

1. RANS V-Rex with Coroplast front fairing
http://www.bikejournal.com/images/jfoltzfairing.jpg
2. Optima Baron lowracer
http://www.bikejournal.com/images/jfoltzbaron05.jpg
3. Homebuilt dual-26
http://www.bikejournal.com/images/jfoltzjunk06b.jpg

aikigreg 03-21-05 09:43 PM

Hey blazin, do you ride with just the standard seatfoam? I'm been trying to decide if I should change mine out to the seat pad I've seen on some vk2s or add a cover from optima for mine.

rbm 03-21-05 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
AS Engineering S32 Zenit L trike. Front wheel drive, hydraulic braking in all three wheels, aluminium chassis.

arboc! 03-21-05 10:33 PM

this reminds me of how the ambigualy gay duo flys
http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...ge2/tridem.gif

steveknight 03-21-05 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my burley limbo. with upgraded wheels and seat. I just moved the lights to a post mounted bracket today. I commute on this bike 20 miles a day haul heavy trailers of lumber and such too.

rlong 03-22-05 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
1. RANS V-Rex with Coroplast front fairing
2. Optima Baron lowracer
3. Homebuilt dual-26

May I ask where you found the plans (if any) for the home built dual 26?
thanks,

R Long

BlazingPedals 03-22-05 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlong
May I ask where you found the plans (if any) for the home built dual 26?

There weren't any formal plans. I just cut the seat tube and top tube on the first donor bike, and went from there, pulling the seat stays down and adding a downtube from another donor as the seat mounting tube. The boom was from new chromoly. Plans on the seat mounting clamp were found at recumbents.com, and the riser and handlebars are 7/8" aluminum tubing. Building a seat would have complicated the project, but I was able to use an old hardshell that was lying around.

Due to the junkyard-quality donor bikes, it's pretty clunky; but in spite of it all, it is almost as fast as my faired V-Rex.

mtessmer 03-23-05 04:00 PM

You can see my bikes/trike at the link below.

BlazingPedals 03-23-05 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikigreg
Hey blazin, do you ride with just the standard seatfoam? I'm been trying to decide if I should change mine out to the seat pad I've seen on some vk2s or add a cover from optima for mine.

Sorry Greg I didnt' see your post right away. I've been using the standard foam, but it's getting pretty ragged after 3 years of hard use. I have a Bacchetta hardshell pad which sort of fits, but I don't like it. I want to get my hands on some Zote-type foam and cut/rout a homebrew pad.

lowracer1 03-23-05 05:22 PM

Oh yeah, registration is now open for BRAT. This goes to John and Aikigreg.

http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/BRAT/

rlong 03-23-05 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
There weren't any formal plans. I just cut the seat tube and top tube on the first donor bike, and went from there, pulling the seat stays down and adding a downtube from another donor as the seat mounting tube. The boom was from new chromoly. Plans on the seat mounting clamp were found at recumbents.com, and the riser and handlebars are 7/8" aluminum tubing. Building a seat would have complicated the project, but I was able to use an old hardshell that was lying around.

Due to the junkyard-quality donor bikes, it's pretty clunky; but in spite of it all, it is almost as fast as my faired V-Rex.

I'm assuming the donor frames were cro-mo? I wonder about looking for some aluminum donors. It doesn't look too difficult to build a vacuum bag carbon fiber seat, but I'd sure use an "old hardshell" if I had one laying around. Don't you love it when you get to use that stuff that's been laying around collecting dust?

BlazingPedals 03-24-05 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlong
I'm assuming the donor frames were cro-mo? I wonder about looking for some aluminum donors. It doesn't look too difficult to build a vacuum bag carbon fiber seat, but I'd sure use an "old hardshell" if I had one laying around. Don't you love it when you get to use that stuff that's been laying around collecting dust?

Chromo? LOL - Only the boom. The rest is hi-ten. The main donor was a 1979 Ace Hardware road bike. One of the problems I ran into was that the rear dropouts weren't the normal 1/4" plate, they were just 1/8" sheet, crimped onto the stays. Had to use washers on the axles so that I could tighten the QRs into the dropouts.

todd6559 03-25-05 03:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my RANS Rocket packed for touring with my new Arkel RT-60s, and another of me heading out for a weekend tour on the Rocket last summer:

Bikewer 03-25-05 09:07 PM

Howdy! First post here, I'm a 30+ year cyclist and brand-new recumbent fan. I have just completed this fine machine:
Built along the lines of the "No-Weld" plans sold on the internet. I didn't buy the plans, I just looked at the pics and figured it out.
Thing comes in at a hefty 38 pounds, which leads me to wonder what I could do with one of the aluminum Y-frames and maybe one of those old Raliegh "Technium" roadsters for the boom...hehe.

I still need to sort out the gearing, and construct a chain tensioner to make the front DR work. Seat is pirated from a Nordic Trak ab machine.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41cc1...eZNRCBPlZlLA5z

BlazingPedals 03-26-05 04:44 PM

Link didn't work for me. Go to tinyurl.com and convert it to something smaller!

Bikewer 03-26-05 06:46 PM

Odd, opens instantly for me....Lets try this:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AcNGzhu3bNn

Success! I was looking around at some info this morning, and it's a good thing I decided to chuck the cheesy suspension forks that came with this bike, numerous recalls and reports of failures.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:23 AM.