Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 873
  1. #1
    "Great One" 53-11_alltheway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Might as well be underwater because I make less drag than a torpedoE (no aero bars here though)
    Posts
    4,463
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post your pictures of what you ride.
    Last edited by 53-11_alltheway; 07-10-05 at 12:45 AM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    "Great One" 53-11_alltheway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Might as well be underwater because I make less drag than a torpedoE (no aero bars here though)
    Posts
    4,463
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an awesome machine. Thanks for sharing.

    I like the home theatre too (nice)

  4. #4
    No virtual racing here
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my favorite recumbent designs is this one.
    http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...ge2/tridem.gif

    I tried to have 3 fellows ride in my homebuilt velomobile once and there was no room for the PBJs.

    Spuds
    HPV Elite Carbon Gelcoat Thingamajig Racing team

  5. #5
    slower than you Applehead57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    dairy country NY
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Road Sport, peugeot UO-10
    Posts
    652
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, are those long chains or what?
    "Lack of opportunity does not constitute virtue". Diana Tickle.

  6. #6
    EmperorNorton II norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Florence, Mass
    My Bikes
    Dahon Helios SL, 1975 Stephen Rogers Custom, 05 Catrike Speed....(in the past) a tandem & a Vacuum Velocipede
    Posts
    581
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds McDoogle
    One of my favorite recumbent designs is this one.
    http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...ge2/tridem.gif

    I tried to have 3 fellows ride in my homebuilt velomobile once and there was no room for the PBJs.

    Spuds

    Spuds.....Is that picture another one of your creative homemades?....You must be the very fit-looking rider on the rear.....How did you co-ordinate your start?...

    I notice the front rider has the PBJs tucked in behind his helmet......like Epaminondes.....

  7. #7
    No virtual racing here
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by norton
    Spuds.....Is that picture another one of your creative homemades?....You must be the very fit-looking rider on the rear.....How did you co-ordinate your start?...

    I notice the front rider has the PBJs tucked in behind his helmet......like Epaminondes.....
    I want to race this design some day. I can make a plastic coroplast, zip tie and duct tape storage bin between the seats and load it up with PBJs and Oreo cookies for a century ride.
    http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...3/trainng2.jpg

    This is one of the fastest recumbents out there and guaranteed to "smoke" any paceline of old folks who are doing a century ride.


    Spuds
    HPV Elite Carbon Gelcoat Thingamajig Racing team

  8. #8
    EmperorNorton II norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Florence, Mass
    My Bikes
    Dahon Helios SL, 1975 Stephen Rogers Custom, 05 Catrike Speed....(in the past) a tandem & a Vacuum Velocipede
    Posts
    581
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds McDoogle
    I want to race this design some day. I can make a plastic coroplast, zip tie and duct tape storage bin between the seats and load it up with PBJs and Oreo cookies for a century ride.
    http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...3/trainng2.jpg

    This is one of the fastest recumbents out there and guaranteed to "smoke" any paceline of old folks who are doing a century ride.


    Spuds

    May you never cease to amaze.....& amuse....


    How about 3 recycled enema bags for on the move hydration?....

  9. #9
    No virtual racing here
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by norton
    May you never cease to amaze.....& amuse....


    How about 3 recycled enema bags for on the move hydration?....
    I could only fit 2 on this one.
    http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharr...ge2/artic2.jpg

    I have found that plastic zip-loc bags with a straw poked in the side and sealed with duct tape will work just like a Camelback.
    Easy to make and CHEAP.


    Spuds
    HPV Elite Carbon Gelcoat Thingamajig Racing team

  10. #10
    Senior Member BlazingPedals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Middle of da Mitten
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Posts
    7,158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 53-11_alltheway
    ...Post your pictures of what you ride.
    1. RANS V-Rex with Coroplast front fairing

    2. Optima Baron lowracer

    3. Homebuilt dual-26
    Last edited by BlazingPedals; 01-25-07 at 11:02 AM.

  11. #11
    Recumbent Ninja
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey blazin, do you ride with just the standard seatfoam? I'm been trying to decide if I should change mine out to the seat pad I've seen on some vk2s or add a cover from optima for mine.

  12. #12
    rbm
    rbm is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AS Engineering S32 Zenit L trike. Front wheel drive, hydraulic braking in all three wheels, aluminium chassis.
    Last edited by rbm; 03-21-05 at 09:39 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member arboc!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Spokane WA
    My Bikes
    specialized p.1, redline single x
    Posts
    1,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this reminds me of how the ambigualy gay duo flys

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    portland or
    Posts
    1,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my burley limbo. with upgraded wheels and seat. I just moved the lights to a post mounted bracket today. I commute on this bike 20 miles a day haul heavy trailers of lumber and such too.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
    1. RANS V-Rex with Coroplast front fairing
    2. Optima Baron lowracer
    3. Homebuilt dual-26
    May I ask where you found the plans (if any) for the home built dual 26?
    thanks,

    R Long

  16. #16
    Senior Member BlazingPedals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Middle of da Mitten
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Posts
    7,158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlong
    May I ask where you found the plans (if any) for the home built dual 26?
    There weren't any formal plans. I just cut the seat tube and top tube on the first donor bike, and went from there, pulling the seat stays down and adding a downtube from another donor as the seat mounting tube. The boom was from new chromoly. Plans on the seat mounting clamp were found at recumbents.com, and the riser and handlebars are 7/8" aluminum tubing. Building a seat would have complicated the project, but I was able to use an old hardshell that was lying around.

    Due to the junkyard-quality donor bikes, it's pretty clunky; but in spite of it all, it is almost as fast as my faired V-Rex.

  17. #17
    Bikeman mtessmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Hope/Minneapolis, Minnesota
    My Bikes
    Many
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can see my bikes/trike at the link below.
    "Biking for me is like walking with twelve foot strides"
    My Photo Album.

  18. #18
    Senior Member BlazingPedals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Middle of da Mitten
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Posts
    7,158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aikigreg
    Hey blazin, do you ride with just the standard seatfoam? I'm been trying to decide if I should change mine out to the seat pad I've seen on some vk2s or add a cover from optima for mine.
    Sorry Greg I didnt' see your post right away. I've been using the standard foam, but it's getting pretty ragged after 3 years of hard use. I have a Bacchetta hardshell pad which sort of fits, but I don't like it. I want to get my hands on some Zote-type foam and cut/rout a homebrew pad.

  19. #19
    lowracer ninja master lowracer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, registration is now open for BRAT. This goes to John and Aikigreg.

    http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/BRAT/
    chris@promocycle.net

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
    There weren't any formal plans. I just cut the seat tube and top tube on the first donor bike, and went from there, pulling the seat stays down and adding a downtube from another donor as the seat mounting tube. The boom was from new chromoly. Plans on the seat mounting clamp were found at recumbents.com, and the riser and handlebars are 7/8" aluminum tubing. Building a seat would have complicated the project, but I was able to use an old hardshell that was lying around.

    Due to the junkyard-quality donor bikes, it's pretty clunky; but in spite of it all, it is almost as fast as my faired V-Rex.
    I'm assuming the donor frames were cro-mo? I wonder about looking for some aluminum donors. It doesn't look too difficult to build a vacuum bag carbon fiber seat, but I'd sure use an "old hardshell" if I had one laying around. Don't you love it when you get to use that stuff that's been laying around collecting dust?

  21. #21
    Senior Member BlazingPedals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Middle of da Mitten
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Posts
    7,158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlong
    I'm assuming the donor frames were cro-mo? I wonder about looking for some aluminum donors. It doesn't look too difficult to build a vacuum bag carbon fiber seat, but I'd sure use an "old hardshell" if I had one laying around. Don't you love it when you get to use that stuff that's been laying around collecting dust?
    Chromo? LOL - Only the boom. The rest is hi-ten. The main donor was a 1979 Ace Hardware road bike. One of the problems I ran into was that the rear dropouts weren't the normal 1/4" plate, they were just 1/8" sheet, crimped onto the stays. Had to use washers on the axles so that I could tighten the QRs into the dropouts.

  22. #22
    iTod todd6559's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SW Ohio
    My Bikes
    RANS Rocket, RANS Tailwind
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my RANS Rocket packed for touring with my new Arkel RT-60s, and another of me heading out for a weekend tour on the Rocket last summer:
    Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

    iTod

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy! First post here, I'm a 30+ year cyclist and brand-new recumbent fan. I have just completed this fine machine:
    Built along the lines of the "No-Weld" plans sold on the internet. I didn't buy the plans, I just looked at the pics and figured it out.
    Thing comes in at a hefty 38 pounds, which leads me to wonder what I could do with one of the aluminum Y-frames and maybe one of those old Raliegh "Technium" roadsters for the boom...hehe.

    I still need to sort out the gearing, and construct a chain tensioner to make the front DR work. Seat is pirated from a Nordic Trak ab machine.


  24. #24
    Senior Member BlazingPedals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Middle of da Mitten
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Posts
    7,158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link didn't work for me. Go to tinyurl.com and convert it to something smaller!

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd, opens instantly for me....Lets try this:



    Success! I was looking around at some info this morning, and it's a good thing I decided to chuck the cheesy suspension forks that came with this bike, numerous recalls and reports of failures.
    Last edited by Bikewer; 03-26-05 at 05:58 PM.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •