Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Rides and Races A place for posting group rides, races, and regional threads for the fixed gear and single speed forum.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-07, 06:36 AM   #551
mide
dork.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: philly
Bikes:
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ryand, is the ride leaving at 2:30 or just meeting then? My last class ends then and it's a midterm so I can't blow it off entirely.
mide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 07:09 AM   #552
chip thunder
spectacular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelph-eye-a
Bikes:
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxknee
what was with the pretzel ride last night?
has it turned into a bike tune up ride instead? i mean 4real?
Flats is flats, yo.
chip thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 07:20 AM   #553
jeac
IT'S IN YOUR HEAD
 
jeac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: the del
Bikes: 46/16 - schwinn conversion
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand
TODAY (MARCH 21) IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING.

Anybody not stuck at work or school needs to come out for a ride at 2:30.
Meet at the North East Corner of Rittenhouse Square (18th and Walnut, across from Barnes and Noble) for a ride to get FREE RITA's, FREE DUNKIN DONUTS ICED COFFEE, and possibly FREE BEN AND JERRY'S, but I'm not sure about the last one.

2:30
Rittenhouse
Do it.
i dont get out of class until 330, meh. But later i do plan on riding around to numerous dunkin donuts locations
jeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 08:12 AM   #554
maxknee
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
maxknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 1,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip thunder
Flats is flats, yo.
i know your friend got one, but 4real 19 thousand people want their tires pumped up?!?!?
maxknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 08:13 AM   #555
maxknee
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
maxknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 1,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mide
ryand, is the ride leaving at 2:30 or just meeting then? My last class ends then and it's a midterm so I can't blow it off entirely.
yo you go to temple, i go to temple, i am peasing around 8pm and scoring water ice later. it should be more fun
maxknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:04 AM   #556
jessefive
Person Person
 
jessefive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Bikes: LeJune Track, Surly LHT
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Water ice, iced coffee, ice cream, lame. Isn't there somewhere giving away free beer? Or at least HOT coffee?

I missed the fun last night, but next week I just may shrug off my fatherly duties and actually stay up for the pretzel ride!
jessefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:06 AM   #557
mide
dork.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: philly
Bikes:
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks to whoever locked up their lemond right next to my bike on the fence outside of anderson. Nothing like seeing what a crappily thrown together junkpile I ride (I still love it, though).

as for tonight: I have a date with the gf, a bottle of jack daniels and seasons 2 and 3 of the office.. so no go.

sorry if this makes little to no sense, some metal kid walked into the tech center with long, krimped hair and I can't type and giggle at the same time.
mide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:08 AM   #558
maxknee
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
maxknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 1,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
its not my lemond
maxknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:41 AM   #559
babychris
sharkfin.
 
babychris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: philllaaaaay.
Bikes: davidson track. landshark
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mide
nah it's fine. I bought a new reload the other day, so traded my old bag for a free piercing card.

after getting a 7/16" hole knocked out of my ear + adrenaline from biking my ear just started shooting blood.

and babychris, I think pat invited you to the dance party at our place? If so, bring short shorts.. they're pretty much required.

ha. short short parties are fun.
babychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:55 AM   #560
celephaiz
I sing the body electric
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHL
Bikes: 2006 CrossCheck, Fuji Track 2004
Posts: 694
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babychris
ha. short short parties are fun.
not if they effectively hide your thunder.
celephaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 11:16 AM   #561
xkevinx
bike punk
 
xkevinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: west phila
Bikes: a unknown road bike, and a ross mountain bike
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babychris
"WE GO GET THE PREZTELS"
xkevinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 11:26 AM   #562
shark!
fin
 
shark!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: philadelphia
Bikes: panasonic conversion, nishiki tt
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
its funny since max was acting like a dictator last night when some dude was fixing his flat.....only he wasnt as influential as good old hitler

in the grand scheme of things

hitler > knee
shark! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 11:31 AM   #563
babychris
sharkfin.
 
babychris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: philllaaaaay.
Bikes: davidson track. landshark
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark!
its funny since max was acting like a dictator last night when some dude was fixing his flat.....only he wasnt as influential as good old hitler

in the grand scheme of things

hitler > knee
hahaha.
babychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 12:04 PM   #564
HelluvaStella
NoGoSlow
 
HelluvaStella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Philly
Bikes: Stella fixy conversion, Trek 2300, Specialized Rock Hopper, Schwinn Collegiate 3, Mz Skorpion
Posts: 862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The hilter vs. knee comparisons are freakin' awesome. Let us charge forward to the 20,000 post goal on the shoulders of Max and Adolf!
HelluvaStella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 12:16 PM   #565
shark!
fin
 
shark!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: philadelphia
Bikes: panasonic conversion, nishiki tt
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelluvaStella
The hilter vs. knee comparisons are freakin' awesome. Let us charge forward to the 20,000 post goal on the shoulders of Max and Adolf!
this is the kind of attitude that hitler would have loved. knee not so much. knee sucked at being a dictator
shark! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 12:22 PM   #566
maxknee
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
maxknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 1,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark!
this is the kind of attitude that hitler would have loved. knee not so much. knee sucked at being a dictator
i know, NO ONE FOLLOWED. show some solidarity folks
maxknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 12:24 PM   #567
shark!
fin
 
shark!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: philadelphia
Bikes: panasonic conversion, nishiki tt
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
at least hitler came out to the public and said what he had to say to get them to kill.

her maxknee is whining on the internets begging people to follow his orders. pathetic
shark! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 12:24 PM   #568
maxknee
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
maxknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 1,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yo free water ice ride tonight 8:15 at love park
maxknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 12:59 PM   #569
chip thunder
spectacular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelph-eye-a
Bikes:
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh ****! Does this mean that the water ice ride is going to be revived from its years old grave? Please say yes! I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. I have an appointment to have more of my back removed. But I am soooo with it as a new weekly ride. Mondays, perhaps, to replace the defunct falafel ride?

And yeah, Max. The mountain bike was flatted too, and ended up having multiple pinches. We rode the second that everyone was up and running. Maybe we should put a piece of plywood up as a ramp so people who can't properly hop curbs don't flat? Like hide it somewhere at the art museum and bust it out when the time comes?
chip thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 01:34 PM   #570
maxknee
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
maxknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 1,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip thunder
Oh ****! Does this mean that the water ice ride is going to be revived from its years old grave? Please say yes! I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. I have an appointment to have more of my back removed. But I am soooo with it as a new weekly ride. Mondays, perhaps, to replace the defunct falafel ride?

And yeah, Max. The mountain bike was flatted too, and ended up having multiple pinches. We rode the second that everyone was up and running. Maybe we should put a piece of plywood up as a ramp so people who can't properly hop curbs don't flat? Like hide it somewhere at the art museum and bust it out when the time comes?
we'll see that sounds liek a good idea. maybe a harder ride or something.

the pretzel ride is more and more aggravating. people should come prepared or something. i didnt have any tools on me and if i got a flat, i know people would have helped me but i would have been content walking my bike home too since it was my own fault for not having my proper gear.

its not that far to the pretzel factory or whatever. so i am an existentialist. **** happens, be prepared. but the best part was the ire i was getting from people as i sped off. long post sorry sorry.
maxknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 01:45 PM   #571
shark!
fin
 
shark!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: philadelphia
Bikes: panasonic conversion, nishiki tt
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxknee
we'll see that sounds liek a good idea. maybe a harder ride or something.

the pretzel ride is more and more aggravating. people should come prepared or something. i didnt have any tools on me and if i got a flat, i know people would have helped me but i would have been content walking my bike home too since it was my own fault for not having my proper gear.

its not that far to the pretzel factory or whatever. so i am an existentialist. **** happens, be prepared. but the best part was the ire i was getting from people as i sped off. long post sorry sorry.
this should go on a blog.....just like that one time when you were really drunk and kept asking if we were best friends over and over......and then you squashed my beer with your foot
shark! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 01:47 PM   #572
maxknee
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
maxknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 1,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark!
this should go on a blog.....just like that one time when you were really drunk and kept asking if we were best friends over and over......and then you squashed my beer with your foot
we are best friends? but then you betrayed me :-(
maxknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 01:51 PM   #573
HelluvaStella
NoGoSlow
 
HelluvaStella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Philly
Bikes: Stella fixy conversion, Trek 2300, Specialized Rock Hopper, Schwinn Collegiate 3, Mz Skorpion
Posts: 862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxknee
yo free water ice ride tonight 8:15 at love park
I will follow you, my leader! Pbbbbffffttt. Right.

Seriously, maybe I'll be there.
HelluvaStella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 01:54 PM   #574
shark!
fin
 
shark!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: philadelphia
Bikes: panasonic conversion, nishiki tt
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxknee
we are best friends? but then you betrayed me :-(
do explain
shark! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 01:57 PM   #575
maxknee
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
maxknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 1,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark!
do explain
um no april fool's race
maxknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 AM.