Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 12 of 1901 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 47509

Thread: Toronto Fixed

  1. #276
    BIG RING Bikeophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hamilton (Formerly Toronto)
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right on...Well I was thinking that anyone from here who wants to meet up and say hi ahead of time could meet right at the Princes Gates at 7am. I will be there eating my breakfast in front of the gates

    I will be carrying my cell with me too for anyone who wants to meet up at C'est What after hanging around the finish line for a while. PM me and I will give it to ya

  2. #277
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeophile
    Right on...Well I was thinking that anyone from here who wants to meet up and say hi ahead of time could meet right at the Princes Gates at 7am. I will be there eating my breakfast in front of the gates

    I will be carrying my cell with me too for anyone who wants to meet up at C'est What after hanging around the finish line for a while. PM me and I will give it to ya

    7am?? yikes... how long are you planning to wait before heading out to c'est what? for us slowpokes that can't/don't burn rubber to the finish line that is...

  3. #278
    BIG RING Bikeophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hamilton (Formerly Toronto)
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the starting time is 8am. So I figured I would head there an hour early, eat some breakfast and then just relax and watch the crowds ride through the gates for a bit.

    I don't plan on trying to set any land speed records either...
    I was thinking about maybe heading over to C'est What around 1130am. I figure most folks who start at 8am should be well done by then and still have a chance to hang out at the venue and chat with folks if the weather is nice...

    How doesthat sound?

  4. #279
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeophile
    well the starting time is 8am. So I figured I would head there an hour early, eat some breakfast and then just relax and watch the crowds ride through the gates for a bit.

    I don't plan on trying to set any land speed records either...
    I was thinking about maybe heading over to C'est What around 1130am. I figure most folks who start at 8am should be well done by then and still have a chance to hang out at the venue and chat with folks if the weather is nice...

    How doesthat sound?
    mmm.... a double helping of super greasy breakfast sounds good to me.

  5. #280
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmother
    I'll check tonight. I think it may have come off a 56 cm road frame. What do you need?
    Ok I got it darkmother. 15.7cm steerer length, upper bound of 16cm (hard to measure since it's bent).

    And about 3.6cm of the top of that is threads, upper bound 4cm.

    Anyone know when cavern opens...?
    Last edited by operator; 05-10-05 at 05:19 AM.

  6. #281
    BIG RING Bikeophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hamilton (Formerly Toronto)
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cavern opens around 830am during the week.

  7. #282
    Get the stick. darkmother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    Ok I got it darkmother. 15.7cm steerer length, upper bound of 16cm (hard to measure since it's bent).

    And about 3.6cm of the top of that is threads, upper bound 4cm.

    Anyone know when cavern opens...?

    I took a look at the fork last night. It's got a 20.2cm steer tube, with 4cm of thread at the top. You would need to have a bike shop tap it down another 4cm, then cut it to length. Pretty simple job...let me know if you want the fork. The fork is made for modern, short reach brakes.

  8. #283
    BIG RING Bikeophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hamilton (Formerly Toronto)
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone up for an early morning ride on Satruday? Any takers? Any thoughts on a route?

  9. #284
    Get the stick. darkmother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeophile
    Anyone up for an early morning ride on Satruday? Any takers? Any thoughts on a route?

    I might be....I'll know later in the week.

  10. #285
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeophile
    Anyone up for an early morning ride on Satruday? Any takers? Any thoughts on a route?
    I'm going to show up for the SMR, TBN ride Bikeophile, on my newly fixed bike! (Grenadier cafe at high park at 9:30am) on Sat.
    Darkmother, I picked up a chrome fork from cavern, it rocks! Thanks for the offer. I just couldn't wait any longer to ride.

    Really nice columbus steel fork for $30. I think Keith said that he had a bunch more as well. Took my bike out for a spin today, and it feels gggreeeat. I hope the weather is good for the weekend.

    Pics of my new fork/bike and my broken fork tonight.

  11. #286
    BIG RING Bikeophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hamilton (Formerly Toronto)
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a nice Saturday morning stroll....being downtown, it will be a nice ride just to get over there. I will have my old blue Spicer with me if I make it there...

  12. #287
    Get the stick. darkmother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    Thanks for the offer. I just couldn't wait any longer to ride.

    Really nice columbus steel fork for $30. I think Keith said that he had a bunch more as well. Took my bike out for a spin today, and it feels gggreeeat. I hope the weather is good for the weekend.

    Pics of my new fork/bike and my broken fork tonight.
    Cool. Glad your mobile again. 30 bucks is not bad at all. Steel forks are getting rare, and sounds like you got a nice one.

  13. #288
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeophile
    well the starting time is 8am. So I figured I would head there an hour early, eat some breakfast and then just relax and watch the crowds ride through the gates for a bit.

    I don't plan on trying to set any land speed records either...
    I was thinking about maybe heading over to C'est What around 1130am. I figure most folks who start at 8am should be well done by then and still have a chance to hang out at the venue and chat with folks if the weather is nice...

    How doesthat sound?
    ok.. i think i just coerced 5 guys from work to come along on their dual suspensions fatties. the five bucks i saved can go to bacon n' eggs at c'est what. man.. they'd better have greasy breakfast there.

  14. #289
    BIG RING Bikeophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hamilton (Formerly Toronto)
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno about breakfast at C'est what...I've only ever had dinner there...when we get there at 1130am they might be doing lunch by then.

  15. #290
    Shiftless bum cavit8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    My Bikes
    Ciocc fixed, Raleigh record winter bike, Bianchi Grizzly SS, Pinarello Surprise, Raleigh Twenty, Bridgestone Picnica, various sundry bits and pieces...
    Posts
    2,674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gokiburi
    ok.. i think i just coerced 5 guys from work to come along on their dual suspensions fatties. the five bucks i saved can go to bacon n' eggs at c'est what. man.. they'd better have greasy breakfast there.
    They have kick ass good breakfast there. Yam fries, eggs etc. If you want greasy maybe we should go to the Vesta lunch
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    truneo that tuned park internal nipple wrench work ??

  16. #291
    BIG RING Bikeophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hamilton (Formerly Toronto)
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love their Yam Fries....I never even thought that they would have them with breakfast!!! SWEET!

    So for the ride, I am just gonna make a sandwich or something for breakfast and eat it at the princess gates while waiting for you guys...I'll be there at 7am, and will plan to head inside around 730am for the eight oclock start. I think a few roadie friends of mine may be coming too, but I am not 100% sure...

  17. #292
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavit8
    They have kick ass good breakfast there. Yam fries, eggs etc. If you want greasy maybe we should go to the Vesta lunch
    damn... something about greasy spoons makes me crazy hungry. then crazy sick... maybe it's the decor. nothing like hitting the vesta after a healthy 50km ride. yum.. a buddy of mine asked if he could smoke while riding the bike for heart...

  18. #293
    BIG RING Bikeophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hamilton (Formerly Toronto)
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GEEZ!
    Another good greasy spoon is the Geroge St Diner (George and Richmond)...I've been hitting there recently.

    I think the Canary (Cherry and Eastern) is probably the coolest one to go to, but since they are always using it in film shoots, I think its only open on Sundays now.

  19. #294
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeophile
    GEEZ!
    Another good greasy spoon is the Geroge St Diner (George and Richmond)...I've been hitting there recently.

    I think the Canary (Cherry and Eastern) is probably the coolest one to go to, but since they are always using it in film shoots, I think its only open on Sundays now.
    i live right by the canary but have never gone inside. funny, i've never seen anyone go in there. yeah, the film shooting can get annoying, but at least it's pumping money into TO! although not really greasy (but they have spoons), is morning glory at king and trinity. they're pretty packed on weekends though. WHILE WE'RE IN THE AREA.. the distillery has great coffee at balzac's and even better baked goods and sandwiches at the brick st. bakery.. that place totally rules my world. i have to check out the george st. diner. dunn's on king west (next to the princess of wales theatre) used to have 2.99(!!) breakfast specials but they recently raised it to 3.99. still cheap but it ain't 3 bux.
    sorry about getting so off topic. bikeophile mentioned breakfast and i got hungry. i flip out when food is mentioned.
    what's the destination from high park on saturday?

  20. #295
    Yup pyze-guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    where the sunbeams end and the starlight begins
    My Bikes
    C-dale Bad Boy, Fixed Wheeler MTB
    Posts
    3,027
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever tried Lakeshore Lunch. I love the Benedict Burger, Big burger with back bacon and hollandaise sauce. Not advisable b/f a ride though.
    When sadness fills my days
    It's time to turn away
    And then tomorrow's dreams
    Become reality to me

  21. #296
    Senior Member Matt_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    henesse and i wanna wre gunna organize a ride for this saterday but I just noticed there are 20 km winds and rain but tuesday is going to be nice: sunny, 15 degrees C and 5km winds...

    so who is up for a ride on Tuesday 17th??

    ahha my gf just suggested we suck it up and ride in the rain anyway...might be fun. (?!?)

  22. #297
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyze-guy
    Ever tried Lakeshore Lunch. I love the Benedict Burger, Big burger with back bacon and hollandaise sauce. Not advisable b/f a ride though.
    hey pyze, sorry, this is totally off-topic (go figure..) but i recently checked out born into brothels at the carlton. pretty good flick. i was imagining taking a bike through some of the indian countryside.. and you're actually doing it!! i'm adding lakeshore lunch to my grease list. how do you compete with back bacon and hollandaise sauce???

  23. #298
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.rideofsilence.org/

    has anyone heard of a toronto organizer for this? richmond hill is mentioned at the bottom of the list of participating cities but a link from there goes to the Canadian Kilometer Achiever Program (???) site. no mention of ride details from there either. lots of people getting busted up on the streets.. ride safe everyone.

  24. #299
    BIG RING Bikeophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hamilton (Formerly Toronto)
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gokiburi
    http://www.rideofsilence.org/

    has anyone heard of a toronto organizer for this? richmond hill is mentioned at the bottom of the list of participating cities but a link from there goes to the Canadian Kilometer Achiever Program (???) site. no mention of ride details from there either. lots of people getting busted up on the streets.. ride safe everyone.
    I emailed Chris Phelan from the site this afternoon asking about details on a Toronto leg of the ride. I will post his response if there is anything worth posting.

  25. #300
    Gone, but not forgotten Shiznaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100
    Posts
    4,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone up for a quickie tomorrow (Thursday)? I know I'm going to need a break from packing, and it will be my last chance for a ride because when I get back I'm going to have to break the bike up and box her up!
    I'm biking across North America on the Internet!
    http://thedoublecross.blogspot.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •