Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 283 of 1901 FirstFirst ... 1832332732812822832842852933333837831283 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 47509

Thread: Toronto Fixed

  1. #7051
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
    ding ding ding...and that's 10 points for Jeremy.
    and for the bonus points...... who produced the album and did the cover art which featured a cling vinyl banana peel over top a flesh coloured printed banana sans peel?
    my best guess in andy warhol, and no i didn't grab the CD off my shelf and check the liner notes.

  2. #7052
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
    my best guess in andy warhol, and no i didn't grab the CD off my shelf and check the liner notes.
    AGAIN A WINNER!!!!!

  3. #7053
    dam this is fun ! STEEKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    on my bike ! in Toronto !!
    My Bikes
    Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavernmech
    Acccchhh. Groundskeeper Steeker is gettin uppity. He wants bonnie Celtic items!! Can't you read english. A chain mail tadger cosy perhaps?
    your a blether
    LOW RACER PILOT MASI fixed/singlespeed http://www.flickr.com/photos/steeker/

  4. #7054
    dam this is fun ! STEEKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    on my bike ! in Toronto !!
    My Bikes
    Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulant
    He already has enough chaffing problems, don't give him any ideas.
    I wish it was chaffing
    LOW RACER PILOT MASI fixed/singlespeed http://www.flickr.com/photos/steeker/

  5. #7055
    dam this is fun ! STEEKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    on my bike ! in Toronto !!
    My Bikes
    Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
    The chain mail nut huggers, always a popular item.
    those get too hot and your hair gets caught in the links
    LOW RACER PILOT MASI fixed/singlespeed http://www.flickr.com/photos/steeker/

  6. #7056
    Me talk pretty one day. eyefloater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steeker ... "testicular torsion" ... it came up in another thread. I have NO idea if what you're experiencing is of this level, but it might be worth a few minutes research/chat with your doctor.

  7. #7057
    dam this is fun ! STEEKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    on my bike ! in Toronto !!
    My Bikes
    Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cavermech
    My rear wheel is making nasty sounds /or the chain is just plain wierd could I drop by sometime?
    LOW RACER PILOT MASI fixed/singlespeed http://www.flickr.com/photos/steeker/

  8. #7058
    dam this is fun ! STEEKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    on my bike ! in Toronto !!
    My Bikes
    Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eyefloater
    Steeker ... "testicular torsion" ... it came up in another thread. I have NO idea if what you're experiencing is of this level, but it might be worth a few minutes research/chat with your doctor.
    naw it ain't the jewls it is more behind and it is not the P area either but thank you for the help the Doc told me to play with the forward slope angle with the saddle nose but with the new Brooks I keep sliding forward
    LOW RACER PILOT MASI fixed/singlespeed http://www.flickr.com/photos/steeker/

  9. #7059
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow.. it feels so good to be back on your main ride. words cannot describe... cam, your old nishiki is on its way to popping operator's fixed cherry. that bike deserves a medal!

  10. #7060
    Jonnys ilegitimate Father cavernmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    too many too list
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEEKER
    Cavermech
    My rear wheel is making nasty sounds /or the chain is just plain wierd could I drop by sometime?
    Ayy lad....any time. Well except Sat after 3 or Sunday....any OTHER time.

  11. #7061
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavernmech
    Ayy lad....any time. Well except Sat after 3 or Sunday....any OTHER time.
    keith, i hope the lunch didn't get too cold. damn, i would make one crappy food delivery boy. i'll bring the 40 along with the two-four next time i'm by. thanks again!

  12. #7062
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It totally sounds like you've changed the arch of your back and/or how you place your weight. hmmm This is completely from when you went fixed? I can see having to apply negative pressure to your cranks changing the way weight is distributed. Was there any pain issues with freewheeling? Or that your position was off but acceptable then..and it's now becoming apparent with fixing. Odd

  13. #7063
    dam this is fun ! STEEKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    on my bike ! in Toronto !!
    My Bikes
    Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavernmech
    Ayy lad....any time. Well except Sat after 3 or Sunday....any OTHER time.
    Ay laddie tis is braw taa
    LOW RACER PILOT MASI fixed/singlespeed http://www.flickr.com/photos/steeker/

  14. #7064
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trafficjammer, gimme the rundown on the best places in mount royal for bagels, poutine and smoked meat..please.. and what do they call a pepsi and jos louis again?? those montrealers are crazy..toc! toc! toc!

  15. #7065
    dam this is fun ! STEEKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    on my bike ! in Toronto !!
    My Bikes
    Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
    It totally sounds like you've changed the arch of your back and/or how you place your weight. hmmm This is completely from when you went fixed? I can see having to apply negative pressure to your cranks changing the way weight is distributed. Was there any pain issues with freewheeling? Or that your position was off but acceptable then..and it's now becoming apparent with fixing. Odd
    it did'nt bother me at all when I first stared fix or freewheeling maybe cause I'm 41 now lol I have a longer adjustment period mind you I started useing my legs really hard for braking right from the start so maybe thats it, I am switching seats and trying something on the way to Cavern bike shop
    LOW RACER PILOT MASI fixed/singlespeed http://www.flickr.com/photos/steeker/

  16. #7066
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Goki and Cavernmech, operator is now ride-ful! Props!

    Anyone want to go for a ride right now or in the next couple hours? I'm going to be chilling DT for a bit.
    Mes compaingnons cui j'amoie et cui j'aim,... Me di, chanson.

  17. #7067
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome good news. I'm at bottom of Yogne possibly heading to Dundas west /bloor area at 5

  18. #7068
    Jonnys ilegitimate Father cavernmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    too many too list
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gokiburi
    trafficjammer, gimme the rundown on the best places in mount royal for bagels, poutine and smoked meat..please.. and what do they call a pepsi and jos louis again?? those montrealers are crazy..toc! toc! toc!
    i don't know all of Montreal but I can give you a few ideas. Rue St. Denis has a pretty good strip of shops and restaurants. There is a wicked good smoked meat joint a couple blocks south of Roy on St. Denis..."the" place for meat I am told. there is also a super good breakfast joint on the same stretch called The Cafeteria..great brekkie and usually filled with cute Montreal girls. I like the Le Biftek (sic) for beers in the roll up window, people watching...same area. My buddy used to live around that area so I am fairly familiar with that neighborhood as we more often than not stayed local for eating and drinking. Have a good time. I will gladly pay you for a super sized can of 50.

  19. #7069
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavernmech
    i don't know all of Montreal but I can give you a few ideas. Rue St. Denis has a pretty good strip of shops and restaurants. There is a wicked good smoked meat joint a couple blocks south of Roy on St. Denis..."the" place for meat I am told. there is also a super good breakfast joint on the same stretch called The Cafeteria..great brekkie and usually filled with cute Montreal girls. I like the Le Biftek (sic) for beers in the roll up window, people watching...same area. My buddy used to live around that area so I am fairly familiar with that neighborhood as we more often than not stayed local for eating and drinking. Have a good time. I will gladly pay you for a super sized can of 50.
    thanks keith, that's a ton of places. marking the locations on me map... eating's normally my main priority when travelling but not sure how much of that i can do. 50s on me. damn, what was the jingle for the corny 50s commercials in the 80s.......kinda got the melody... blast my failing memory.

  20. #7070
    Senior Member jet sanchEz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 32flavours
    I definitely just bought some hot pink grips for the Gardin. Sweeeet.

    Edit: aw, I have to work so I can't go to the Ex. Make sure you guys pick up some hot chicks for me.
    Sounds cool, cannot wait to see how it turns out

  21. #7071
    Shiftless bum cavit8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    My Bikes
    Ciocc fixed, Raleigh record winter bike, Bianchi Grizzly SS, Pinarello Surprise, Raleigh Twenty, Bridgestone Picnica, various sundry bits and pieces...
    Posts
    2,674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's was a "where to go in Montreal" thread at some point. I can't remember who started it, but there was lots of local input.
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    truneo that tuned park internal nipple wrench work ??

  22. #7072
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK
    http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/
    Schwartz's on St. Laurent the ONLY place for smoked meat. East side just a bit below Deluth. Every human being over the age of 4 knows where it is. The world's most famous deli. Eat-in....you never know who might be there--- steeped in history. You can ask for lean or fatty meat. You CAN buy a whole brisket to bring home if you want.

    St Viateur Bagel.
    http://www.stviateurbagel.com
    Go there after drinking til closing...... buy a dozen fresh from the oven. dip in cream cheese add lox (if you like) mmmmmmm soaks up the juice real nice. Works for breakie too.

    Villa Du Souvlaki
    Corner of Prud' Homme and Sherbrooke 1 block east of Autoroute Décarie (Decarie Expressway)
    Where Westmount and NDG meet...almost.
    awesome

    hmm as for Poutine.... kinda hit and miss. They should be baked to melt the cheese add gravy and serve. Nobody bakes them here...philistines. Ask around town .... loads of places as it's just so damned easy to to do right.

    Lower St. Laurent....(below St Catherine's) Montreal Pool Room
    http://www.toutmontreal.com/cgi-bin/...m,*restaurants

    Or LaFleurs... a chain of places I ALWAYS visit for Steamies and fries... EVERY TIME I GO!!! mmmm with cabbage and cayanne...

    EAt and drink the city man

  23. #7073
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an awesome brunch at Sala Rosa the last time I was in Montreal. Cool place, and cheap/tasty food.

    http://www.casadelpopolo.com/salaresto/about.htm
    http://www.casadelpopolo.com/salaresto/menu.htm#brunch
    -Milpool

  24. #7074
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
    hmm as for Poutine.... kinda hit and miss. They should be baked to melt the cheese add gravy and serve. Nobody bakes them here...philistines. Ask around town .... loads of places as it's just so damned easy to to do right.
    I wanted to go here just for the name: http://www.fritealors.com/

    edit: bahahahahhahahahahahah! "Frite Alors! A Belgian style chain of restaurants operated by Cholestérol Plus inc."

    Also: I ****ing love that they've got no-attitude BYO at restaurants in Montreal. We went to this Italian place (just off St. Denis I think) and bought a nice bottle around the corner beforehand. Such a great meal.
    -Milpool

  25. #7075
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
    OK
    http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/
    Schwartz's on St. Laurent the ONLY place for smoked meat. East side just a bit below Deluth. Every human being over the age of 4 knows where it is. The world's most famous deli. Eat-in....you never know who might be there--- steeped in history. You can ask for lean or fatty meat. You CAN buy a whole brisket to bring home if you want.
    Also: be prepared for a long line.
    -Milpool

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •