Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 358 of 1901 FirstFirst ... 2583083483563573583593603684084588581358 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 47509

Thread: Toronto Fixed

  1. #8926
    track-fall 32flavours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for this announcement.

    ***I can trackstand!***

    That is all.

    P.S. Those craigslist frames are pieces of ****- that's the same guy that Sweep got that crap frame from which he aptly described as "wall art". A friend of mine also got taken for 20 dollars for a useless chunk of scrap metal.

  2. #8927
    Fast and Danger Ill Mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    A bunch
    Posts
    1,057
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's all I needed to hear.

    and congrats on the trackstanding

  3. #8928
    track-fall 32flavours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are up late.

  4. #8929
    faster and dangerer Kaibot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Benotto w/Chorus and stunty parts, Giant ranier w/XT, Rossin Fixie w/campy, stronglight, ambrosio
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    liar
    ZVD

  5. #8930
    faster and dangerer Kaibot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Benotto w/Chorus and stunty parts, Giant ranier w/XT, Rossin Fixie w/campy, stronglight, ambrosio
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw mitch..... go to bed

    gotta rest up for the hairshirt
    ZVD

  6. #8931
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEEKER
    I gave Eyfloater 20bills and will give Mr Som 20 as well
    You gave me $20? I totally don't remember that! bahahahaha

    pm me your email address and I'll email you a form to fill out.
    -Milpool

  7. #8932
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
    i'm out for CV tonight lads, had a snooze and woke up at 8:15. enjoy.
    That's twice now that I've brought beer out for you! Oh well, I just drank it instead.

    ps. if anyone comes beerless next time, you ain't drinking mine again. Come prepared!
    -Milpool

  8. #8933
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somna's turnin' hardcore on us no more of the warm and fuzzy. Nice seeing you lot last night.

  9. #8934
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavit8
    So, do you think it's about time I changed this cog?
    How old is that?

  10. #8935
    Jonnys ilegitimate Father cavernmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    too many too list
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill Mitch
    think any of these frames are worth a try?

    http://toronto.craigslist.org/bik/161407916.html

    or they might be complete pieces of sht
    The light blue one in the foreground with the bubble wrap looks like it has forged dropouts...might be alright. The rest are crap.

  11. #8936
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
    Somna's turnin' hardcore on us no more of the warm and fuzzy. Nice seeing you lot last night.
    never touch another man's beer.
    -Milpool

  12. #8937
    Jonnys ilegitimate Father cavernmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    too many too list
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulant
    never touch another man's beer.
    Unless he is passed out with drool hanging down from his chin.
    I think I actually have a day off for the first time in forever. Anyone down for a ride on Sunday? If not I am just gonna go to the Island and play frisbee golf and drink many many beers.
    I have a bit of free cash for those brave F.F.L riders. Being the fair minded guy I am an even split amongst those doing it is in order. That would be Eyefloater and Somna....anyone else I am leaving out?

  13. #8938
    Spy Member sweep242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    k-town,On,Can.
    My Bikes
    I have 4 of them,2 with fat tires & 2 with skinny tires & set of rollers
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 32flavours
    We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for this announcement.

    ***I can trackstand!***

    That is all.

    P.S. Those craigslist frames are pieces of ****- that's the same guy that Sweep got that crap frame from which he aptly described as "wall art". A friend of mine also got taken for 20 dollars for a useless chunk of scrap metal.
    Would be good if it fit a rear wheel witch the one i got dose not? Very heavy CRAP & it is on my wall!
    My first time out last night & you were not there oh well!
    Now for riding backwards!
    Cheers

    Another thing how the hell do i ride around last night & make it home with no problem & wake up to a flat front tire? fruk!

  14. #8939
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavernmech
    Unless he is passed out with drool hanging down from his chin.
    I think I actually have a day off for the first time in forever. Anyone down for a ride on Sunday? If not I am just gonna go to the Island and play frisbee golf and drink many many beers.
    I have a bit of free cash for those brave F.F.L riders. Being the fair minded guy I am an even split amongst those doing it is in order. That would be Eyefloater and Somna....anyone else I am leaving out?
    I'll be up for a ride in the afternoon, but I have to drive my Dad to the airport in the morning. I would also totally be up for some frolf (and many many beers)!

    As for the donation, unless Eyefloater says otherwise, you should should probably give him the full amount. With the un-entered donations I have sitting at home I'm nearly up to my goal so he needs it more, unless I've missed something.
    -Milpool

  15. #8940
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep242
    Another thing how the hell do i ride around last night & make it home with no problem & wake up to a flat front tire? fruk!
    By being visited by the flat fairy

  16. #8941
    Me talk pretty one day. eyefloater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulant
    I'll be up for a ride in the afternoon, but I have to drive my Dad to the airport in the morning. I would also totally be up for some frolf (and many many beers)!

    As for the donation, unless Eyefloater says otherwise, you should should probably give him the full amount. With the un-entered donations I have sitting at home I'm nearly up to my goal so he needs it more, unless I've missed something.
    You and your damn network of co-workers/family ... my own mother and sister haven't even donated cash ... doesn't help either that I work at a shop w/ 4 other FFL riders who are all struggling w/ their own fund-raising efforts. I think tomorrow I may have to show up on Church Street for a few hours and pedal away on a trainer/beg for cash. Keith, I'll need to borrow those hot pants you wore to Forest City. They looked like real money makers.

  17. #8942
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eyefloater, sexing it up for charity. *sigh* what's the world coming to? Better shave.....
    Just an idea..... can't the store sponsor the bunch of you and use it as a corporate tax write off. Any accountant/tax people in the house? A few bike banners to put Cycle Therapy's face out there and you have a CT sponsored FFL team. Or are you gonna dust em everyday? You and Soman stage racing your way to MTL? <-- that's the way I wanna do it, balls out hard for a week.

    This week-end is chock-O-block full of kids birthday parties and thingies. I'm riding the rocket back and forth almost the entire week-end. Starting with cirque du soliel tonight
    Last edited by TRaffic Jammer; 06-23-06 at 08:25 AM.

  18. #8943
    dam this is fun ! STEEKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    on my bike ! in Toronto !!
    My Bikes
    Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweep242 , how did the Blantire road work out for you/ and nice pic with Cesar/ ,,,,Operater your pic is up
    LOW RACER PILOT MASI fixed/singlespeed http://www.flickr.com/photos/steeker/

  19. #8944
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somnambulant - i got your message last night. i have to appologize for being a bit of a tool; i had my bike shorts on and everything then decided to wimp out and read my argentina guide book instead. i hope you indeed put your name on that beer and drank it. we need to figure out a system of keeping beer cold in a messenger bag or backpack. my initial thoughts would be to fill a large camelback resevoir with ice, put beer and resevoir in plasitic lcbo bag and voila. or, do you thing a bottle or two would fit in the resevoir itself?

  20. #8945
    Spy Member sweep242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    k-town,On,Can.
    My Bikes
    I have 4 of them,2 with fat tires & 2 with skinny tires & set of rollers
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEEKER
    sweep242 , how did the Blantire road work out for you/ and nice pic with Cesar/ ,,,,Operater your pic is up
    Great route newly paved as well & no pushing.Good stuff
    Cheers

  21. #8946
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill Mitch
    think any of these frames are worth a try?

    http://toronto.craigslist.org/bik/161407916.html

    or they might be complete pieces of sht
    probably cheap steel and stamped dropouts. if you want a frame like that, i'll give you one for nuthin'.

  22. #8947
    Me talk pretty one day. eyefloater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
    Eyefloater, sexing it up for charity. *sigh* what's the world coming to? Better shave.....
    Just an idea..... can't the store sponsor the bunch of you and use it as a corporate tax write off. Any accountant/tax people in the house? A few bike banners to put Cycle Therapy's face out there and you have a CT sponsored FFL team. Or are you gonna dust em everyday? You and Soman stage racing your way to MTL? <-- that's the way I wanna do it, balls out hard for a week.

    This week-end is chock-O-block full of kids birthday parties and thingies. I'm riding the rocket back and forth almost the entire week-end. Starting with cirque du soliel tonight
    CT's taking a huge financial hit for the rally to begin with. Anyone doing the rally that buys a bike gets a deal or a 10% (of new bike value) pledge toward their fundraising, we did something like 50 fitting sessions for people after hours, we're doing all the wrenching during the ride/after each stage ... that and one of the owners already shelled out $50 from his own pocket for me (come to think of it, so did one of the others).

    So ya, they've done their share and then some.

    I think another thing I can do today is hit up some of the photographers I used to assist/do retouching for. Those rich bastards can certainly pony up for a decent amount of cash.

  23. #8948
    dam this is fun ! STEEKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    on my bike ! in Toronto !!
    My Bikes
    Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulant
    I'll be up for a ride in the afternoon, but I have to drive my Dad to the airport in the morning. I would also totally be up for some frolf (and many many beers)!

    As for the donation, unless Eyefloater says otherwise, you should should probably give him the full amount. With the un-entered donations I have sitting at home I'm nearly up to my goal so he needs it more, unless I've missed something.
    okie's if Eyefloater cleans my bike naked for my sister it's a deal
    LOW RACER PILOT MASI fixed/singlespeed http://www.flickr.com/photos/steeker/

  24. #8949
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eyefloater.... this sounds kinda dodgy^^^^^^ get the money first and have your pimp waiting outside.

  25. #8950
    Me talk pretty one day. eyefloater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEEKER
    okie's if Eyefloater cleans my bike naked for my sister it's a deal
    God DAMNIT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •