Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 891 of 1901 FirstFirst ... 39179184188188989089189289390194199113911891 ... LastLast
Results 22,251 to 22,275 of 47509

Thread: Toronto Fixed

  1. #22251
    Gone, but not forgotten Shiznaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100
    Posts
    4,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm.... hey guys I think I'm going to have to (or at least should) sell my spicer fixed gear bike before my tour. I just don't ride it now I have a khs commuter and cyclops track. Either as a complete or parted out (I'll need to swap some parts around first; I'm keeping my Level/cxp33 wheels). 60cm seat tube c-c, 62cm top tube c-c, aluminum w/ kinesis carbon fork, 'street track' geometry. Perfect mechanical condition but a little wear and tear to the powder coating and its chipping off a bit at the dropouts. Any interest before I decide to put it up on CL or ebay?

  2. #22252
    Yup pyze-guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    where the sunbeams end and the starlight begins
    My Bikes
    C-dale Bad Boy, Fixed Wheeler MTB
    Posts
    3,023
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiznaz
    hmmm.... hey guys I think I'm going to have to (or at least should) sell my spicer fixed gear bike before my tour. I just don't ride it now I have a khs commuter and cyclops track. Either as a complete or parted out (I'll need to swap some parts around first; I'm keeping my Level/cxp33 wheels). 60cm seat tube c-c, 62cm top tube c-c, aluminum w/ kinesis carbon fork, 'street track' geometry. Perfect mechanical condition but a little wear and tear to the powder coating and its chipping off a bit at the dropouts. Any interest before I decide to put it up on CL or ebay?
    If complete I'd be interested to know a price.
    When sadness fills my days
    It's time to turn away
    And then tomorrow's dreams
    Become reality to me

  3. #22253
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know how you guys mash around on huge 80" gears. 46x16 is fine as long as there aren't any inclines around. i use a 42x16 for just about everything, except for winter, which is when the 18t comes out to play.

  4. #22254
    Yup pyze-guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    where the sunbeams end and the starlight begins
    My Bikes
    C-dale Bad Boy, Fixed Wheeler MTB
    Posts
    3,023
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
    i don't know how you guys mash around on huge 80" gears. 46x16 is fine as long as there aren't any inclines around. i use a 42x16 for just about everything, except for winter, which is when the 18t comes out to play.
    Big gears are great. Brakes are for men, skids are for sissies (since I hate using emocons, sarcasm was intended).

    Actually going to gear down today. 42/15 if I can get the lockring off. I have no problem with 42/14, but a few hills do make me groan when I think about having to ride up them. Like Ave or Yonge upto St. Clair. And Yonge/York Mills.
    When sadness fills my days
    It's time to turn away
    And then tomorrow's dreams
    Become reality to me

  5. #22255
    Senior Member 2wheelsgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '08 Marinoni Pista, '05 specialized langster(RIP), '06 norco kokanee(RIP), '05 norco charger(RIP),'08 surly steamroller, surly big dummy coming soon!
    Posts
    647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    48X16 FTW!
    Skids are for fun!

  6. #22256
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *shrug* I never found 46x16 to be a problem for my usual rides around the GTA. The Yonge/St. Claire hill wasn't a big deal. And I also did most of my longer training rides last year without much of an issue. I'm also a total spinner (90rpm, typically) on my roadbike and don't stand up and mash unless I have to. I think being forced to occasionally stand up and mash has probably helped my mtn biking though as things sometimes tend to change faster than I can gear down for.

    ps. 46x16 = 76"
    pps. I vote we spend the evening *behind* Cavern.
    -Milpool

  7. #22257
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    where

    where is this bike chain thing. and what do you do there

  8. #22258
    Have bike. Will travel. Sirrobinofcoxly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    -=Toronto=-
    My Bikes
    '06 Orbea Orca, '03 Rocky Mountain Vertex 70, '05 Surly Steamroller, '06 Fetish Fixation
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    Who's going to Critical Mass.
    Hell yes! Nearly forgot. I'm down

  9. #22259
    Have bike. Will travel. Sirrobinofcoxly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    -=Toronto=-
    My Bikes
    '06 Orbea Orca, '03 Rocky Mountain Vertex 70, '05 Surly Steamroller, '06 Fetish Fixation
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeac
    whats up toronto
    Come over for lunch. I'm making burritos!

  10. #22260
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulant
    *shrug* I never found 46x16 to be a problem for my usual rides around the GTA. The Yonge/St. Claire hill wasn't a big deal. And I also did most of my longer training rides last year without much of an issue. I'm also a total spinner (90rpm, typically) on my roadbike and don't stand up and mash unless I have to. I think being forced to occasionally stand up and mash has probably helped my mtn biking though as things sometimes tend to change faster than I can gear down for.

    ps. 46x16 = 76"
    pps. I vote we spend the evening *behind* Cavern.
    i'll let you get behind cavern...

    i dunno, i guess i'm a bit of a weakling but whenever i try using a large gear like that i end up getting sore legs and gearing back down to my 71" gear.

  11. #22261
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.pedalmag.com/index.php?mo...l&item_id=9965

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
    i dunno, i guess i'm a bit of a weakling but whenever i try using a large gear like that i end up getting sore legs and gearing back down to my 71" gear.
    No pain, no gain.
    -Milpool

  12. #22262
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulant
    No pain, no gain.
    i don't feel like i'm gaining anything with sore knees. see weakling comment.

  13. #22263
    So I says to Mable I says somnambulant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John
    Posts
    4,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    speaking of sore legs/knees.. I keep having funny visions of being launched over the bars last night, pogo-stick style (front suspension). It puts a smile on my face, rather than scaring me though, so it's all good.

    I think my bike must have whacked me in the calf/back-of-the-knee on my way over because it's been kind of sore/stiff ever since.

    Anyone wanna give me a massage tonight? *drops pants*
    -Milpool

  14. #22264
    Gone, but not forgotten Shiznaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100
    Posts
    4,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrobinofcoxly
    Hell yes! Nearly forgot. I'm down
    I'll likely show but I don't think I want to stay for that long...

  15. #22265
    Shiftless bum cavit8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    My Bikes
    Ciocc fixed, Raleigh record winter bike, Bianchi Grizzly SS, Pinarello Surprise, Raleigh Twenty, Bridgestone Picnica, various sundry bits and pieces...
    Posts
    2,674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 32flavours
    I'm actually going to CM today! Hurray for slacking off on data analysis! Who cares about data anyways. It's so... snobby.

    Cam, are you going? I want to give you that beery beverage I promised.
    No, I have a classes at 5:30 on Fridays so it kind of cuts me out of the loop.

    Goki: it's called an Atomic. They go for obscene prices on ebay. If you do decide to try for one, there are knock-offs out there.
    http://www.coffeecrew.com/content/view/68/28/an
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    truneo that tuned park internal nipple wrench work ??

  16. #22266
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulant
    speaking of sore legs/knees.. I keep having funny visions of being launched over the bars last night, pogo-stick style (front suspension). It puts a smile on my face, rather than scaring me though, so it's all good.

    I think my bike must have whacked me in the calf/back-of-the-knee on my way over because it's been kind of sore/stiff ever since.

    Anyone wanna give me a massage tonight? *drops pants*
    fine, but no happy ending.

  17. #22267
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavit8
    No, I have a classes at 5:30 on Fridays so it kind of cuts me out of the loop.

    Goki: it's called an Atomic. They go for obscene prices on ebay. If you do decide to try for one, there are knock-offs out there.
    http://www.coffeecrew.com/content/view/68/28/an
    holy jeebus. "obscene" is an understatement. i'll stick with my ghetto moka on da stove-top and bodum to hand froth the milk ghetto stylez. there's an article in this month's readymade about home roasting with a popcorn popper, and a bike rim kitchen rack for pots and pans. meh on the former and cool on the latter.
    no cm for me. i can never make the start times.

  18. #22268
    Spazzy Member zippered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    t.dot
    My Bikes
    '05 marinoni delta, '86/87 bianchi sport s(e)x, ? kona ?, raleigh '71, specialized crossroads
    Posts
    881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iherald
    Keith: I'd be down with a pair of the SPD pedals. Really I only need the left, but since I think I'm the only one-legged person in these forums, the chances of a person only needing a right is slim!
    well, there's this guy, but he is in DC:

    http://bp0.blogger.com/_g0YuboCNUU8/...0/ibramnya.jpg

    "Never do anything that you wouldn't want to have to explain to the paramedics."

    "His first words were 'did you bike today?' I hesitated before admitting that I had, thinking I was going to get a lecture on how bad the roads were and how I shouldn't try to bike home. Instead he said 'man, you're lucky! I've been sitting in traffic for over 1/2 hr, and I've only gone about 2 miles. Some guy on a bike passed me about 20 minutes ago and I'm sure he's home by now'."

  19. #22269
    Spazzy Member zippered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    t.dot
    My Bikes
    '05 marinoni delta, '86/87 bianchi sport s(e)x, ? kona ?, raleigh '71, specialized crossroads
    Posts
    881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ps. i saw a bike locked to a post-and-ring today with a notice from the city. it was the first time i remember seeing that. it said that the rings are for short-term use only, and that the bike was going to be removed if not claimed. i wonder if the city actually does something productive with them or if they just get thrown out? i passed by the transportation yard this morning and noticed a bunch of frames beside a dumpster. just thought i would mention that in case anyone was interested in trying to salvage parts.

    pps. happy friday everyone!
    "Never do anything that you wouldn't want to have to explain to the paramedics."

    "His first words were 'did you bike today?' I hesitated before admitting that I had, thinking I was going to get a lecture on how bad the roads were and how I shouldn't try to bike home. Instead he said 'man, you're lucky! I've been sitting in traffic for over 1/2 hr, and I've only gone about 2 miles. Some guy on a bike passed me about 20 minutes ago and I'm sure he's home by now'."

  20. #22270
    Yup pyze-guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    where the sunbeams end and the starlight begins
    My Bikes
    C-dale Bad Boy, Fixed Wheeler MTB
    Posts
    3,023
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zippered
    ps. i saw a bike locked to a post-and-ring today with a notice from the city. it was the first time i remember seeing that. it said that the rings are for short-term use only, and that the bike was going to be removed if not claimed. i wonder if the city actually does something productive with them or if they just get thrown out? i passed by the transportation yard this morning and noticed a bunch of frames beside a dumpster. just thought i would mention that in case anyone was interested in trying to salvage parts.

    pps. happy friday everyone!
    Where is the transportation yard?
    When sadness fills my days
    It's time to turn away
    And then tomorrow's dreams
    Become reality to me

  21. #22271
    Spy Member sweep242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    k-town,On,Can.
    My Bikes
    I have 4 of them,2 with fat tires & 2 with skinny tires & set of rollers
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulant
    speaking of sore legs/knees.. I keep having funny visions of being launched over the bars last night, pogo-stick style (front suspension). It puts a smile on my face, rather than scaring me though, so it's all good.

    I think my bike must have whacked me in the calf/back-of-the-knee on my way over because it's been kind of sore/stiff ever since.
    Think iím gonna clean my big squishy rig & go for a romp. Iíve been through the don a ton never got into all the dirt. Thankfully i have a great place beside me to go.

    I recommend not drinking before riding less crashes.

  22. #22272
    Spazzy Member zippered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    t.dot
    My Bikes
    '05 marinoni delta, '86/87 bianchi sport s(e)x, ? kona ?, raleigh '71, specialized crossroads
    Posts
    881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyze-guy
    Where is the transportation yard?
    wellington street west @ walnut avenue (just south of king st)
    "Never do anything that you wouldn't want to have to explain to the paramedics."

    "His first words were 'did you bike today?' I hesitated before admitting that I had, thinking I was going to get a lecture on how bad the roads were and how I shouldn't try to bike home. Instead he said 'man, you're lucky! I've been sitting in traffic for over 1/2 hr, and I've only gone about 2 miles. Some guy on a bike passed me about 20 minutes ago and I'm sure he's home by now'."

  23. #22273
    Spy Member sweep242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    k-town,On,Can.
    My Bikes
    I have 4 of them,2 with fat tires & 2 with skinny tires & set of rollers
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gokiburi
    I can never make the start times.

    Hmm your right, you know i never met you.

  24. #22274
    Senior Member jet sanchEz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the bikes that the city removes end up in that auction I mentioned a few pages back, the one down at the CNE. I also know that they also auction off bikes that the Police own because the fall auction was full of old police bicycles, the whole fleet actually, as the city got a new contract with Bianchi.

    Bikes that the TTC cuts up end on eBay under the police auctions; I got a great Kona Lava Dome Lite for my friend for 10 bucks from one of those auctions.

  25. #22275
    Have bike. Will travel. Sirrobinofcoxly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    -=Toronto=-
    My Bikes
    '06 Orbea Orca, '03 Rocky Mountain Vertex 70, '05 Surly Steamroller, '06 Fetish Fixation
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •