Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Post Your Titaniums (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/183238-post-your-titaniums.html)

ViperZ 03-24-06 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin523
I'm thinking perhaps my next bike will be a Litespeed.....if they fit right.

I don't get this. Why not get a Seven? Better bike, made to fit you!!

I don't get that? Please quantify how a Seven is a "Better Bike" :rolleyes:

It would seem in most cases with bicycles, X versus Y, "Better" is subjective at best....

Jasonh 03-24-06 06:11 PM

About 3K on my Dean now. Love it. I wish it would stop raining in Northern California.

Switched to a Specialized Toupe saddle since these pictures.


http://homepage.mac.com/hughesjo/IMG_1984.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/hughesjo/IMG_1985.jpg

TRaffic Jammer 03-24-06 06:23 PM

lol I despise all you posters... :p I hope you all rot somewhere where I can find your bikes.... damn some niiiiice rides here

royale 03-24-06 06:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Freshly built.

Heres some pictures of my custom Thyalcine Arete Ti.

Hot or what!

ViperZ 03-24-06 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
lol I despise all you posters... :p I hope you all rot somewhere where I can find your bikes.... damn some niiiiice rides here

:lol: You know what is cool, that I never really thought of, is Titanium bikes seem to be tight knit genetically. The unpainted looks really make the Titanium bikes seem more of a family of bike, independent of who the maker is. It's as if its a certain race or culture of bike :lol:

All the bike posted here have some level of elegance not common in a lot of other bikes. They all look so classic, yet sleek and modern, without resorting to gimmicky or strange frame shapes with gaudy paint jobs.

Awesome job Gang! :beer:

roadfix 03-24-06 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperZ
It's as if its a certain race or culture of bike :lol:

Of course, they're all nothing but Thai...:D

ViperZ 03-24-06 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fixer
Of course, they're all nothing but Thai...:D


:roflmao: :lol:

Man, can you say "Set-Up"? :D

Flywolf 03-24-06 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
lol I despise all you posters... :p I hope you all rot somewhere where I can find your bikes.... damn some niiiiice rides here


lol +1

:D :D

Wow, great rides guys, keep the pictures coming

my g/f keeps telling me I am "a bike geek :mad:" because I am always looking at bike pictures

ViperZ, I am glad you finished your bike, GREAT looking bike

hi565 03-24-06 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleave
Hi,

I'm cheating a bit because I sold this frame last September:

http://www.pbase.com/cleavel/image/4...2/original.jpg

I liked it well enough but I like the fit and geometry of my Looks better.

holy hotness batman!

Like...*doubles back* WOH

3dsteve 03-24-06 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=bayareawheeler]**hijack** aaah yes my other much more expensive hobby
nothing quite like 44 inch boggers to take ya where no man has gone before LoL. Trucks name was Mad Max RIP (front and rear D70's, dual TC with a 110:1 crawl ratio)

[img]http://www.fototime.com/{23DC5F3C-8E9D-4337-B077-BB5370F13E3B**/picture.JPG[/img]

she was a good truck that never let me down, well maybe upside down a few times but ya know...im now building a one ton FJ40 on 40's, 3 linked with coilovers...talk about money pit LoL

***now back to your regularly scheduled Ti fetish

baw

and yes i did drive through that hole, although i took out a good portion of my frame doing it.[/QUOT
that is me in the toyota in the back

sshakari 03-24-06 09:43 PM

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/793...02577em.th.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9...02607rr.th.jpg


Here is my Teramo. I like the feel and the ride of this bike.

John Ryder 03-24-06 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my heavy 17.5 pound LS.....I say heavy because the frame is 3.5 pounds...for a 55cm.

ViperZ 03-24-06 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flywolf
lol +1

:D :D

Wow, great rides guys, keep the pictures coming

my g/f keeps telling me I am "a bike geek :mad:" because I am always looking at bike pictures

ViperZ, I am glad you finished your bike, GREAT looking bike

Thanks Flywolf :)

That makes me crazy too then cause I keep looking as well :lol:

Thats a cool looking Viper Bike :D

fmw 03-25-06 02:45 AM

I agree, the photo tour has been super. Viper, I think yours is my favorite of the bunch, including my own. I'll give it my blue ribbon. But I'll keep mine because it is a perfect fit. I'd give the red ribbon to Cleave's Bianchi. I've owned and loved celeste bikes in the past so that probably biased me a little. They're all super rides and, like the rest of you, I sure do enjoy riding Ti. Keep the images coming. I'm enjoying it.

ViperZ 03-25-06 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmw
I agree, the photo tour has been super. Viper, I think yours is my favorite of the bunch, including my own. I'll give it my blue ribbon. But I'll keep mine because it is a perfect fit. I'd give the red ribbon to Cleave's Bianchi. I've owned and loved celeste bikes in the past so that probably biased me a little. They're all super rides and, like the rest of you, I sure do enjoy riding Ti. Keep the images coming. I'm enjoying it.

Wow FMW, high Accolades to be sure, considering the present company http://www.htguide.com/forum/images/...con_thanku.gif Thanks.

I bet your bike and my bike feel almost Identical in ride and functional performance ;) I can't wait to ride it and have actually been keeping my eye open for nice clear patches of road where I could possibly take it down to ride. However that would just be all wrong for the inaugural ride to be hastily done like that.

ViperZ 03-25-06 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jburnsdo
parked against a wall???

kidding:)

Your Serotta and all the other rides are beautiful. ViperZ, please post your first ride report and px when it warms up--from some of your other posts I get the feeling you have a hankering to do a classic build? i can't wait. . . (drools vicariously)

:roflmao: must have missed that the first round ;)

Yes, you are right, I would love to build a classic touring style bike or a 80's Italian Racer based on C-Record, complete with Syncro down tube shifters and Delta Brakes :o

ccdisce 03-25-06 10:38 AM

Here is a pic of my Merlin Extralight 1996 vintage frame.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...s/DSC_1612.jpg

ViperZ 03-25-06 10:59 AM

What is that strapped to your top tube and Handle bars?

blandin 03-25-06 01:42 PM

2000 TST Titanium, DA 9 speed, FSA RD400's

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6779/tstside0hq.jpg

ViperZ 03-25-06 01:57 PM

It's about time you showed up to the party Blandin :beer:

Looking good with the new Ritchey Stem!

blandin 03-25-06 02:10 PM

Hi ViperZ. I was traveling on business this week which accounts for my tardy arrival, but as soon as I saw the thread I took a new picture of the TST and got it posted. The Ritchey WCS on my TST is original to the build, although I have flipped it. The new 4-Axis I picked up is gong to be for my Allez Pro.

ViperZ 03-25-06 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blandin
Hi ViperZ. I was traveling on business this week which accounts for my tardy arrival, but as soon as I saw the thread I took a new picture of the TST and got it posted. The Ritchey WCS on my TST is original to the build, although I have flipped it. The new 4-Axis I picked up is gong to be for my Allez Pro.

Ahhh..... :o

Well Looking good with the Mg/Ti's then ;)

blandin 03-25-06 02:16 PM

I saw the pics you posted of your new Forte Pro MG/TI pedals in your Tuscany thread and Ostuni' retraction as to their worthiness for your bike. I've been riding these pedals on all my bike for some time now and I think you're going to enjoy them especially with the Sidis Dominator's - same combo I use.

fmw 03-25-06 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Wow FMW, high Accolades to be sure, considering the present company http://www.htguide.com/forum/images/...con_thanku.gif Thanks.

I bet your bike and my bike feel almost Identical in ride and functional performance ;) I can't wait to ride it and have actually been keeping my eye open for nice clear patches of road where I could possibly take it down to ride. However that would just be all wrong for the inaugural ride to be hastily done like that.

I'm sure you are right. And I'm sure you are going to enjoy yours. I ride mine more than all the other bikes combined. Mine has a really nice mix of performance and comfort. It is almost a perfect group ride machine. I can ride it for hours but, at only 17 1/2 lbs. it moves around like a racer.

The Record drivetrain is a treat. I didn't think there would be a noticeable difference but there is, particularly in the speed at which it finishes shifts. It finishes shifting before I can let go of the lever. I don't have any experience with the Eurus wheels but I have a pair Ventos on one bike and they are heavy but excellent. I assume the Eurus are simply light and excellent. I think you did a careful and excellent job matching the parts and I don't see any compromises. Your bike will be about as good as bikes get and that's a very good thing. I wonder if you've weighed it, by the way.

socalrider 03-25-06 03:34 PM

I have had my Litespeed Liege for almost a year and just love it.. Quite a good ebay find.

http://www.geocities.com/e_pipins/LIEGENEW.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.