Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 409 of 999 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 24959
BikesDirect.com
  1. #10201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rockport, WA
    My Bikes
    Y-Foil 77
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zatopek View Post
    ^^^ What the heck? What Trek model is that? Am I correct in assuming CF. Fill me in. How does it ride?
    Yeah, it's a Trek Y-77 Y-Foil.

    It is made of CF... A lot of it too.... Heavy relative to most CF frames but rides very nicely, is aerodynamic and yes.... arguably banned by the UCI for the wrong reasons.

  2. #10202
    Snail-paced new boy AlexTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    My Bikes
    Colnago Extreme Power, Ribble Winter
    Posts
    1,827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd take a picture in the snow but the background is a bit busy. Sorry.

    Twitter - @NapD
    Current number of working legs - 1************X****2
    eWang - 3X******************4 w/kg

  3. #10203
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2009 Wilier Izoard



  4. #10204
    Schleckaholic K&K_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carteret Co., NC, USA
    My Bikes
    '08 Trek 1.2, Schwinn Avenue Hybrid, '11 GT Sport
    Posts
    1,230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please tell me you keep it there so the kids won't get to it..
    "cause he's got teh jerseys, shaved legs, everything... he's road rider for sure " *** "You successfully riced out a bike." -JustinHorne

  5. #10205
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was at the bike shop when I went to pick it up The pics I took of it at home looked ridiculously bad.

  6. #10206
    Senior Member nruntsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Iowa State University
    My Bikes
    2010 Trek Madone 5, 2009 Surly Karate Monkey, 1982 Gitane Tour de France, 1982 Takara Tribute, 2001 Spicer Track
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my 81 or 82 Gitane Tour de France. Frame is Reynolds 531 with Simplex dropouts. I am the third owner. The original owner raced it and initially had it built up with an assortment of French, Japanese and Italian parts. Stronglight crank, Campy BB and DT shifters, MKS pedals, Shimano Crane rear derailleur and 600 brakes, Mafac brake levers, 3TTT stem, Huret front derailleur, Maillard hubs with Mavic and Matrix rims.

    I built it up with early 2000s (I think) 9 speed Campy Chorus. For now it's got the original crank and pedals until I get a 102mm French threaded BB for the Chorus crankset. Wheels are Chorus hubs to Mavic Open Pro Ceramic. Tires will be replaced soon. Brooks B17.

    I am very pleased with it so far. I haven't done any long rides yet, (it's been below the 20s here in Iowa) but I hope to soon and it should be a very nice ride.

    Origianlly:


    Now:


    Sorry for the bad pictures. Comments welcome.

  7. #10207
    Snail-paced new boy AlexTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    My Bikes
    Colnago Extreme Power, Ribble Winter
    Posts
    1,827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nruntsch View Post
    Here is my 81 or 82 Gitane Tour de France. Frame is Reynolds 531 with Simplex dropouts. I am the third owner. The original owner raced it and initially had it built up with an assortment of French, Japanese and Italian parts. Stronglight crank, Campy BB and DT shifters, MKS pedals, Shimano Crane rear derailleur and 600 brakes, Mafac brake levers, 3TTT stem, Huret front derailleur, Maillard hubs with Mavic and Matrix rims.

    I built it up with early 2000s (I think) 9 speed Campy Chorus. For now it's got the original crank and pedals until I get a 102mm French threaded BB for the Chorus crankset. Wheels are Chorus hubs to Mavic Open Pro Ceramic. Tires will be replaced soon. Brooks B17.

    I am very pleased with it so far. I haven't done any long rides yet, (it's been below the 20s here in Iowa) but I hope to soon and it should be a very nice ride.

    Origianlly:


    Now:


    Sorry for the bad pictures. Comments welcome.
    Very smart!
    Twitter - @NapD
    Current number of working legs - 1************X****2
    eWang - 3X******************4 w/kg

  8. #10208
    Senior Member longbeachgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Long Beach California
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx MXL; 2012 CAAD10; 2013 CAAD10 - The Silver and Black; Cannondale CAAD10 DI2 - The Black Dahlia; 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 DI2, The Black Mambo
    Posts
    3,268
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by celticfrost View Post
    Finally got a chance to take some pics of the Merckx 7-Eleven:





    I'm a sucker for a nice Merckx....The shifter looks a little funny - is that because of the angle?

  9. #10209
    Arsehole PlatyPius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longbeachgary View Post
    I'm a sucker for a nice Merckx....The shifter looks a little funny - is that because of the angle?
    He has the brake releases on the levers 'released'.

    Some people actually ride them like that, if you can imagine.

  10. #10210
    Junior Member lucsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    andalucía
    My Bikes
    orbea
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ebay bike:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lucsar; 02-06-09 at 09:38 AM.

  11. #10211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucsar View Post
    My ebay bike:
    That looks nice... All black or white bikes are my favorites. Are those the carbon ebay frames that they sell for under 500? How are they? I guess I should post a pictures since I'm posting here...


  12. #10212
    Climbing Above It All BikeWNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Basking in the Sun.
    Posts
    4,146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put new bartape and cages on the bike today. Need to get out for a ride.


  13. #10213
    hobo grahny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    3,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Awww man there it is again... Love your Z4... looking good!

    Is that an Ultegra SL compact crank? You have DA 7800 adorning the rest of the bike right?

  14. #10214
    Climbing Above It All BikeWNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Basking in the Sun.
    Posts
    4,146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grahny View Post
    ^ Awww man there it is again... Love your Z4... looking good!

    Is that an Ultegra SL compact crank? You have DA 7800 adorning the rest of the bike right?
    Yes, I switched out the DA 53/39 crank and put on the compact Ultegra SL. I just replaced the DA cassette in the Fall with a SRAM cassette. All else is 7800. The wheels are the DA 7850 24CL.

  15. #10215
    Senior Member rufvelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful bike, nicely setup.

    Quote Originally Posted by BikeWNC View Post
    Put new bartape and cages on the bike today. Need to get out for a ride.

  16. #10216
    Junior Member lucsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    andalucía
    My Bikes
    orbea
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptle View Post
    That looks nice... All black or white bikes are my favorites. Are those the carbon ebay frames that they sell for under 500? How are they? I guess I should post a pictures since I'm posting here...

    Yes, it´s one of these carbon ebay frames. The truth is that I was pleasantly surprised. It has some good finishes, and is very light.

  17. #10217
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one here with a low end ride?



    My equally cheap new pedals.


    Just picked it up today and it was a little muddy after it's maiden voyage this afternoon. But hell, I couldn't wait until spring when it is 40 degree's in Feb.

  18. #10218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Damascus, MD, USA
    My Bikes
    KTM, Klein Q Pro XV, Principia Evolution SX, Colnago Extreme Power, Specialized E5, Stong Custom Steel, Coppi Genius Steel
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rideforroswell;8322967]Am I the only one here with a low end ride?

    I am guessing that most regular BF posters tend to be a bit preoccupied/obsessed with cycles and cycling or we would not spend so much time on the site. Consequently, most of us own more or less high end rigs. As long as yours suits your needs and desires, it's perfect. Ride the wheels off it. It hit 59 degrees here in MD today and, out on my ride, I thought I felt just a touch of spring myself.

  19. #10219
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention what the bike was...

    I just bought it today... a Fuji Newest 3.0 (2008 model) and some Shimano R540 pedals ..

  20. #10220
    Senior Member euphoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zatopek View Post
    Consequently, most of us own more or less high end rigs.
    Nope, I'd say even the majority on here have mid-range or lower bikes, but there happens to be a sharp exponential curve with money spent and the need to share.

  21. #10221
    WV is not flat.. brandenjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charles Town,Wv.
    My Bikes
    1 away from divorce!
    Posts
    1,017
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Look at my bikes, nothing high dollar there..The price of mine is measured in the amount of fun I have while on them..

  22. #10222
    tarck as ****
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    526
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first ride on the serotta today. put some fat tires on it for bad roads.


    this is my friend's bike, who was riding with me.
    BikesDirect enjoys driving away repeat customers! Support your local shop!

  23. #10223
    Senior Member garysol1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Avon , Ohio
    Posts
    9,975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bw286 View Post

    this is my friend's bike, who was riding with me.
    dude's fork looks VERY bent....

  24. #10224
    Senior Member Gotcha38's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideforroswell View Post
    Am I the only one here with a low end ride?



    My equally cheap new pedals.


    Just picked it up today and it was a little muddy after it's maiden voyage this afternoon. But hell, I couldn't wait until spring when it is 40 degree's in Feb.
    I ride a too big Raliegh Cadent 1.2. Bottom of the line for its year. Ride it like you stole it and have fun!

  25. #10225
    Cat 666 fatallightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nyack, ny (yes, that one)
    Posts
    1,462
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bw286 View Post
    first ride on the serotta today. put some fat tires on it for bad roads.
    you just buy that off the ny area craigs list?
    “Oh man, it’s going to take days to kill all these people!” - jens voigt
    Current: Calfee Tetra Pro/ Tiemeyer Signature Track/ Cannondale CAADX/ Trek T1/ Giordana Capella TT
    RIP: Cervelo SLC-SL/ Salsa Campeon/ Cannondale 2.8
    SOLD: Serotta Classique Ti/ Landshark 853/ Orbea Starship/ Cannondale CAAD9/ Bianchi Pista/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •