Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   What road bike do you have? (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/30599-what-road-bike-do-you-have.html)

garysol1 10-20-09 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvonne (Post 9894720)
Is that a road or one nice bike path? Nice bike by the way. Reposts are always welcome.

That is a MUP which is part of my loop. The trail runs from Elyria Ohio to Kipton Ohio

jreauclaire 10-20-09 07:35 PM

2009 Ridley Helium Super Record 11
 
1 Attachment(s)
This is my weekly club ride machine

TooSlow4u 10-20-09 10:36 PM

nice and clean! how much did you pay?

nickbubblehead 10-20-09 10:45 PM

Scatantte CFR Team Dura Ace
 
1 Attachment(s)
After going though so many pages of beautiful bikes, I am almost embarrased to put my bike here, but here it is.
I have already upgraded the brake calipers to Dura Ace as the stock were Textro R750's and I did not like thier performance. The Dura Ace are a world apart. 400 miles and I am very happy with the bike. The 50cm frame is perfect for my size, 5'8" as a smaller frame is stronger and lighter. 16.4 lbs with pedals.

acaurora 10-20-09 10:47 PM

Err, are your handlebars supposed to be tilted down *that* low? That looks tilted really far...

ShaneRidesBikes 10-20-09 10:55 PM

He thinks they're track drops...

Tapeworm21 10-20-09 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysol1 (Post 9892155)
Sorry for reposting the same bike but I finally got some decent shots of the new build.....

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ikeride027.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ikeride019.jpg

You left a sticker on the left side of the fork. Annnnnnd... non drive-side picture? Are you feeling ok?

ShaneRidesBikes 10-20-09 11:04 PM

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...eless001-2.jpg


The (very) humble steed. I love her, and hey, she's a road bike technically.

I kinda like this section of the forum...i like road bikes.

gvonne 10-20-09 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickbubblehead (Post 9896314)
After going though so many pages of beautiful bikes, I am almost embarrased to put my bike here, but here it is.
I have already upgraded the brake calipers to Dura Ace as the stock were Textro R750's and I did not like thier performance. The Dura Ace are a world apart. 400 miles and I am very happy with the bike. The 50cm frame is perfect for my size, 5'8" as a smaller frame is stronger and lighter. 16.4 lbs with pedals.


Awesome! I have the same bike just the SRAM version. I love mine as well. How is the Control Tech crank working for you?

iareConfusE 10-20-09 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooslow4u (Post 9896285)
nice and clean! How much did you pay?

$400

garysol1 10-21-09 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapeworm21 (Post 9896363)
Annnnnnd... non drive-side picture? Are you feeling ok?

It's 2010......it's time we embrace our non-drive side and be proud. Yes ill say it. I like my non drive side and dammit......I want the world to know it!

ninjaman 10-21-09 09:19 AM

last I checked it was only October 2009, but I agree otherwise

garysol1 10-21-09 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaman (Post 9898248)
last I checked it was only October 2009, but I agree otherwise

It was 6:30 in the morning....:)

zatopek 10-21-09 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickbubblehead (Post 9896314)
After going though so many pages of beautiful bikes, I am almost embarrased to put my bike here, but here it is.
I have already upgraded the brake calipers to Dura Ace as the stock were Textro R750's and I did not like thier performance. The Dura Ace are a world apart. 400 miles and I am very happy with the bike. The 50cm frame is perfect for my size, 5'8" as a smaller frame is stronger and lighter. 16.4 lbs with pedals.

Is that a ControlTech CF crank? If so, what do you think? If not, what is it and what do you think?

larrylikes 10-21-09 12:38 PM

2009 Supersix
 
1 Attachment(s)
Frankly, I could't resist black and white Force graphics on my black and white bike. The rundown. Cannondale 2009 Supersix Hi-Mod. 2010 Sram Force gruppo. Ritchey 4 Axis WSC "Wet Black" bar and stem. Ritchey WSC Carbon Seatpost. Selle San Marco Aspide Saddle. Look Keo pedals (as before couldn't resist the white and black graphics) Wheels: Front: Campy Record hub, black Mavic Open Pro rim. Rear: Ultegra 6500 hub, black Mavic Open Pro Rim. Very nice bike, only complaint is the lack of trim on the front shifter, othewise works great.

YOJiMBO20 10-21-09 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrylikes (Post 9899686)
Frankly, I could't resist black and white Force graphics on my black and white bike. The rundown. Cannondale 2009 Supersix Hi-Mod. 2010 Sram Force gruppo. Ritchey 4 Axis WSC "Wet Black" bar and stem. Ritchey WSC Carbon Seatpost. Selle San Marco Aspide Saddle. Look Keo pedals (as before couldn't resist the white and black graphics) Wheels: Front: Campy Record hub, black Mavic Open Pro rim. Rear: Ultegra 6500 hub, black Mavic Open Pro Rim. Very nice bike, only complaint is the lack of trim on the front shifter, othewise works great.

You have two brake levers on the right. Weird.

acaurora 10-21-09 02:33 PM

Err, those are SRAM shifters... they're like the Shimano brifters, but the bigger paddle is just like the black shifter lever you normally see on the Shimano ones.

YOJiMBO20 10-21-09 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acaurora (Post 9900605)
Err, those are SRAM shifters... they're like the Shimano brifters, but the bigger paddle is just like the black shifter lever you normally see on the Shimano ones.

I know they're SRAM. I've ridden SRAM and hope to get SRAM on my next bike.

But if you look at the right shift/brake lever, you can see two brake levers.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6...rakelevers.jpg

acaurora 10-21-09 02:46 PM

methinks its just the shadow from the flash o.O

BarracksSi 10-21-09 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acaurora (Post 9900695)
methinks its just the shadow from the flash o.O

Yup. That's why the wheel looks like it has a lot of paired spokes, too, like on a twelve-string guitar. ;)

YOJiMBO20 10-21-09 03:34 PM

Ok, I guess I can buy that.

str8jakett 10-21-09 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysol1 (Post 9897013)
It's 2010......it's time we embrace our non-drive side and be proud. Yes ill say it. I like my non drive side and dammit......I want the world to know it!

Some non-drive side love

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/Fountain.jpg

mrkenito 10-21-09 04:52 PM

2009 Lynskey r330 Houseblend (small) w/etched logos
  • Dura-Ace 7800 Shifters/Derailleurs/Brakes
  • Dura-Ace 7803 Crankset (170mm) & Bottom Bracket
  • Dura-Ace Pedals PD-7810
  • Chris King NoThreadSet Headset (silver)
  • Easton EC90 SL carbon fork
  • Easton EA90 SL wheelset
  • Continental Grand Prix 4000s tires
  • Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon FX Arrowhead
  • 3T Doric carbon seatpost (280mm uncut)
  • Deda Zero100 stem (100mm)
  • Deda Supernatural handlebars (44cm)
  • Token Ultra-light carbon waterbottle cages
  • 16.8lbs (7620g)

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7198812_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6080154_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._5836545_n.jpg


http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7287717_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1988990_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...6_364239_n.jpg


http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7706468_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1864374_n.jpg


http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6148707_n.jpg

nickbubblehead 10-21-09 07:04 PM

More Pics
 
4 Attachment(s)
Scatantte CFR Team / Dura Ace. Bike came with Textro R750 calipers but upgraded to Dura Ace calipers. I am extremely surprised at the ride on this bike. I do not feel that I have made any compromises here. Performance finally put a great package together. It also come in SRAM Red config which it what I really wanted but cannot go wrong with DA. Thanks to previous comments about my handlebars angled too low. Funny, I did not realize it. I have since fixed that, bikes feels much better. Controltech compact crank is solid, cannot feel any flex under heavy load. EA90SL wheelset is amazingly solid. Very happy with the bike.
Excuse the tinker bell, tire of telling people "ON YOUR LEFT!"

n8tron 10-21-09 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkenito (Post 9901376)
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7198812_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6080154_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7706468_n.jpg

2009 Lynskey r330 Houseblend (small) w/etched logos
  • Dura-Ace 7800 Shifters/Derailleurs/Brakes
  • Dura-Ace 7803 Crankset (170mm) & Bottom Bracket
  • Dura-Ace Pedals PD-7810
  • Chris King NoThreadSet Headset (silver)
  • Easton EC90 SL carbon fork
  • Easton EA90 SL wheelset
  • Continental Grand Prix 4000s tires
  • Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon FX Arrowhead
  • 3T Doric carbon seatpost (280mm uncut)
  • Deda Zero100 stem (100mm)
  • Deda Supernatural handlebars (44cm)
  • Token Ultra-light carbon waterbottle cages
  • 16.8lbs (7620g)

more pictures!!! I feel like I don't often see pics of built up lynskeys... what finish is this?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:50 AM.