Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 670 of 980 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672680720770 ... LastLast
Results 16,726 to 16,750 of 24479
  1. #16726
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My Bikes
    2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler
    Posts
    6,998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdgenbird View Post
    a black saddle, black bar tape, and your spinergy wheels would make that the best looking USPS OCLV i have ever seen.

    edit: i did like the kcnc crankset better but i am guessing the rings are on the cervelo...
    No the KCNC crank, well one of them got sold, the original ISIS one I bought. Then I got a newer external BB one. It is sent out for servicing. The Red chainring on the Force crank, is off of the Cervelo, because the Force crank had a bent tooth when I got it. The Red chainring weighs like 113g, and is not allowed near my Cervelo.

  2. #16727
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloist Assassin View Post
    No the KCNC crank, well one of them got sold, the original ISIS one I bought. Then I got a newer external BB one. It is sent out for servicing. The Red chainring on the Force crank, is off of the Cervelo, because the Force crank had a bent tooth when I got it. The Red chainring weighs like 113g, and is not allowed near my Cervelo.
    yeah i noticed you did a chainring swap. the crankset is not that big of deal. i vote that you throw the spinergys and bottle cages from the cervelo on it just to get an idea what she could look like.

  3. #16728
    Senior Member counterfit_hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ireland
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masters324 View Post
    Decided to rattle can my Cannondale SystemSix flat black:




    word!

  4. #16729
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    5257'N 621'E
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR
    Posts
    1,961
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masters324 View Post
    Decided to rattle can my Cannondale SystemSix flat black:



    Dude, did you seriously rattlecan that? If so, please come rattlecan my 2002 Giant OCR

  5. #16730
    neits stien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,652
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloist Assassin View Post

    Boss. I wanted a SLC bad, did you get it new?

  6. #16731
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My Bikes
    2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler
    Posts
    6,998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdgenbird View Post
    yeah i noticed you did a chainring swap. the crankset is not that big of deal. i vote that you throw the spinergys and bottle cages from the cervelo on it just to get an idea what she could look like.
    I put the Spinergys on it, just to look at I need another 10speed cassette though, I don't want to change them all the time. It looked sweet. It dropped a ton of weight too. The Rolfs while being bomb proof, I mean I've had them for 4 years, and never had to true them. Even with my friend who is much heavier rolling them all last year. Despite their stout reliability, they are heavy as hell. Great training wheels though. I've also already thought about putting the Syntace Racelite Carbon bars, and the bottle cages back on the Trek, and buying new better ones for the Cervelo. I dunno if I want to use carbon bars for a crit bike though. I want to buy Chis King BB, and Headset for the Trek too. Undecided on color.

    Quote Originally Posted by stien View Post
    Boss. I wanted a SLC bad, did you get it new?
    Yeah I got the frameset on closeout fall of 2009 from Art's Cyclery. First I put the Ultegra off of the Trek on it, then I slowly upgraded it as time went on. Then eventually putting the Trek back together. Then I slowly amassed parts, and they got where they are. I love the SLC. Such a fast bike.

  7. #16732
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wheelad1.jpg

    I ride this. I likes it.

  8. #16733
    Made in Norway Lectron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloist Assassin View Post
    Don't listen to Lectron your bike looks great. I love the flat black. For that matter Lectron's bike looks great too, and has very little color to it. I love the look of that old Ti Merlin you got there. Very minimalistic looking.
    You should listen to Lectron as he's always right, BUT. He said HE liked colors.

    Your bike looks great..Making a system six not look great is the closest thing to impossible

    As for my merlin...It's my training bike and Ti...don't need no paint
    CF bikes are already painted, and I would have chosen a color for that paint...That's all

    But there again...When I'm on the bike, I'm on the bike....Not a freakin catwalk......
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    Weight weenieness is a disease very often caused by the lack of good results. Just a few steps below doping in terms of desperation

  9. #16734
    Don't really have a bike. craigcraigcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boulder CO
    Posts
    3,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masters324 View Post
    Decided to rattle can my Cannondale SystemSix flat black:

  10. #16735
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My Bikes
    2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler
    Posts
    6,998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lectron View Post
    You should listen to Lectron as he's always right, BUT. He said HE liked colors.

    Your bike looks great..Making a system six not look great is the closest thing to impossible

    As for my merlin...It's my training bike and Ti...don't need no paint
    CF bikes are already painted, and I would have chosen a color for that paint...That's all

    But there again...When I'm on the bike, I'm on the bike....Not a freakin catwalk......
    I just love how you constantly contradict yourself. First you tell someone you like colorful bikes, right after you posted your plain simple looking bike. Which I happen to like. Then you go on about being on a bike and not a catwalk. It's amusing. I like colorful bikes, and I like plain bikes. I just like any bikes what were built with plenty of thought involved. You can make a Pedal Force look pretty awesome if you put a bunch of sweet parts on it. Yes, you are right btw painting Titanium is stupid.

  11. #16736
    Made in Norway Lectron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloist Assassin View Post
    I just love how you constantly contradict yourself. First you tell someone you like colorful bikes, right after you posted your plain simple looking bike. Which I happen to like. Then you go on about being on a bike and not a catwalk. It's amusing. I like colorful bikes, and I like plain bikes. I just like any bikes what were built with plenty of thought involved. You can make a Pedal Force look pretty awesome if you put a bunch of sweet parts on it. Yes, you are right btw painting Titanium is stupid.
    A PF would look cool with a lot of paint on it....Andy Warhol kinda cool.
    ....wouldn't make it a cool bike.

    A system Six would be a cool bike no matter what paint....

    As all my bikes are Titanium, I have to admit I only have two of'em painted...One only partial.
    I just don't find it practical (or worth it) having all my bikes done with several hundred $$ custom jobs...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    Weight weenieness is a disease very often caused by the lack of good results. Just a few steps below doping in terms of desperation

  12. #16737
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My Bikes
    2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler
    Posts
    6,998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lectron View Post
    A PF would look cool with a lot of paint on it....Andy Warhol kinda cool.
    ....wouldn't make it a cool bike.

    A system Six would be a cool bike no matter what paint....

    As all my bikes are Titanium, I have to admit I only have two of'em painted...One only partial.
    I just don't find it practical (or worth it) having all my bikes done with several hundred $$ custom jobs...
    So you have a several hundred $$ custom paint job on at least one of your bikes, and it's "not a freakin' catwalk" as you put it. RIGHT.......

  13. #16738
    Made in Norway Lectron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloist Assassin View Post
    So you have a several hundred $$ custom paint job on at least one of your bikes, and it's "not a freakin' catwalk" as you put it. RIGHT.......
    Nope...It's a freakin show off
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    Weight weenieness is a disease very often caused by the lack of good results. Just a few steps below doping in terms of desperation

  14. #16739
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Did you wet sand between coats, or just sand first and spray a couple of coats until finished? Looks nice in the picture! Satin or flat black?
    I sanded the clear coat off, then cleaned all the dust off, then primer it, then sanded it, then sprayed two coats of flat black.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-W View Post
    I think sometimes a little colour wouldn't hurt.
    I like color to.. check out my neon green shoes


    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyV View Post
    Dude, did you seriously rattlecan that? If so, please come rattlecan my 2002 Giant OCR
    Yep indeed I rattled it find/buy a dirt cheap frame and practice!

  15. #16740
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masters324 View Post
    Decided to rattle can my Cannondale SystemSix flat black:
    [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/masters324/BIKE%20STUFF/mattecan1.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/masters324/BIKE%20STUFF/matteCannondale1.jpg[IMG]

    [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/masters324/BIKE%20STUFF/matteCannondale3.jpg[IMG]
    rattle can phail

  16. #16741
    Zombie audiblBLiNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix ACR 2.0 w/ 105
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2010 Fuji Roubaix ACR 1.0 w/ full Shimano 105. First bike, can't wait!!
    2010 Fuji Roubaix ACR 1.0; Full Shimano 105

  17. #16742
    Senior Member Mansram01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Bikes
    '14 Yeti SB95 Comp, '12 Orbea Orca Gold, '08 Orbea Orca. Wife's: Felt FW35.
    Posts
    1,326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masters324 View Post
    I sanded the clear coat off, then cleaned all the dust off, then primer it, then sanded it, then sprayed two coats of flat black.


    I like color to.. check out my neon green shoes



    Yep indeed I rattled it find/buy a dirt cheap frame and practice!
    Which bike shop did you go to? I was trying to figure it out from the picture but no luck!

  18. #16743
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mchacon01 View Post
    Which bike shop did you go to? I was trying to figure it out from the picture but no luck!
    I live in Pasadena, but work at Wheel World Bike Shop in Culver City...

  19. #16744
    Senior Member WHOOOSSHHH...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    6,163
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Soloist Assassin;12155596]I just love how you constantly contradict yourself.....

    Don't we all at one time or the other?

  20. #16745
    Roadie K. Legaspi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannondale CAAD9
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffiaux View Post
    Someday my garage will look like yours! lol

    Bikes for the whole family.
    Haha thanks! It's awesome that my whole fam rides.

    Quote Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider View Post
    Yep, that is one sweet looking garage there. The bikes on the wall looks like it added PLENTY of extra room.
    Thanks and it did! All those bikes were on the floor and it took up a LOT of space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phiberglass View Post

    Love the setup! I probably need to do something like this for our garage. What did you use for the wall mount and hooks, looks like a nice basic and easy setup.
    Thanks! The wall mount and hooks are made by Rubbermaid. It's called FastTrack and you can get them at Lowe's. You might be able to get them at Home Depot, though I'm not 100% sure. They're really easy to mount.
    Cannondale CAAD9 | SRAM Rival/Force

  21. #16746
    Draft Dogger Cable43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdays View Post
    looks like it would make a good cross bike
    ________________________
    "the telescreens are watching"

  22. #16747
    Senior Member mmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    EC Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    1978 Motobecane Grand Touring 52/20 2008 Trek 1.2 Road Bike 1998 Canondale M800 Mountain Bike 1965 Schwinn Spitfire Cruiser 1979 Schwinn Varisty
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowTown View Post
    rattle can phail
    A black magic marker can make that a lot less noticable

  23. #16748
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmac View Post
    A black magic marker can make that a lot less noticable
    You sir are correct. That's the only spot that didn't look so great, but actually its not suppose to be exposed if I used ALL the headset pieces then it would have covered it, but I wanted it as slammed/low as possible

  24. #16749
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as special as most rides on here, but I like it.

    scott1.jpg

  25. #16750
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice RS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •