Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   What road bike do you have? (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/30599-what-road-bike-do-you-have.html)

clichty 01-28-14 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomCat_Ford (Post 16448328)
Nice bike, but all I can really think about is how odd of a spot that is to put a bike. :p

I was thinking the same thing. Usually I'm not a stickler for the white garage door, but in this case, we need a white garage door so we can actually see the bike...

therh 01-28-14 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidjake (Post 16447978)
2014 C'dale synapse carbon 5 105 :)

Removed the relectors (not shown in the pic), added the saddle bag, lenze light in the front, rear light, shimano clipless pedals, bottle holders and cateye computer

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7307/1...c9c4455e_c.jpg
DSC_0003 by Jake.W, on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2806/1...ffc60381_c.jpg
DSC_0006 by Jake.W, on Flickr


What do you think of the ride? I am thinking about getting a Synapse carbon 5 or 6.

TomCat_Ford 01-28-14 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clichty (Post 16448370)
I was thinking the same thing. Usually I'm not a stickler for the white garage door, but in this case, we need a white garage door so we can actually see the bike...

Indeed.

I still can't get over the fact that there is a bike is on top of a TV (well, part of it anyway).

scotch 01-29-14 11:42 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Just had my 2004 Bianchi Axis frame stripped and re-painted by a local frame painter. I was never crazy about the checkered flag design, and it also had a couple of corrosion spots I wanted to repair. I will be building the bike back up in the next few weeks. Here's a few pics.

Before:

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361960 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361961 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361959

After:

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361965 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361962 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361963 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361966

IndySC 01-29-14 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotch (Post 16450261)
Just had my 2004 Bianchi Axis frame stripped and re-painted by a local frame painter. I was never crazy about the checkered flag design, and it also had a couple of corrosion spots I wanted to repair. I will be building the bike back up in the next few weeks. Here's a few pics.

Well done. Can't wait to see the finished product.

1nterceptor 01-30-14 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chil2makefun (Post 16425191)
Any feedback on the durability of the saddle? I was thinking about trying it but it just seems so flimsy. Anyway, nice bike.

My favorite Ebay seller had one for auction, so I bid on it and won. I'm pretty happy with the Selle Italia SL I have on my roadbike. The Tioga was going on my folder/commuter which had a Selle Italia C2 gel that I din't like. When I 1st took it out of the box, it seemed very stiff. No give at all when I press on it. But after a few rides and some adjustments, I like it. I'm around 200 lbs. and I think the saddle weighed 145 grams on my scale. Make sure you don't get a fake one. Better to pay a bit more for the real thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUbcxAGosw

bres dad 01-30-14 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last week after watching a small drama unfold on CL, I ended up picking up a 1990 Trek 1000. Other than swapping out rims, I'm leaving it more or less original. I rode one similar (year newer, better components & different color) in college.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=362177

Joze 01-31-14 05:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Black, red and white Giant.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=362198

EddNog 01-31-14 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joze (Post 16455747)

So what's the deal with the SpeedUpBag?

-Ed

Ghost Ryder 01-31-14 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joze (Post 16455747)

Do you use that bag while riding, or is it just hold the bike up?
Is it meant as a saddle bag/spoiler maybe?
Sorry I just never seen something like that on a bicycle.
Sort of reminds me of those big box stores that sold those "Kawasaki/X-game" bikes with the plastic fairings.
Dirtbike/motocross looking bicycles.

http://photos.imageevent.com/motorbi...ed-Bicycle.jpg

http://www.fenistal.com.cy/wp-conten...2/moto-161.jpg

http://www.web.net/~lukmar/kawasaki.jpg

;)

Don't get me wrong, I like your bike, Im sort of biased when it comes to Giant.
:lol:

chil2makefun 01-31-14 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nterceptor (Post 16455051)
My favorite Ebay seller had one for auction, so I bid on it and won. I'm pretty happy with the Selle Italia SL I have on my roadbike. The Tioga was going on my folder/commuter which had a Selle Italia C2 gel that I din't like. When I 1st took it out of the box, it seemed very stiff. No give at all when I press on it. But after a few rides and some adjustments, I like it. I'm around 200 lbs. and I think the saddle weighed 145 grams on my scale. Make sure you don't get a fake one. Better to pay a bit more for the real thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUbcxAGosw

Thanks, and for how long have you been using it? Since they recomend replacing it every year...

PatrickGSR94 01-31-14 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddNog (Post 16455811)
So what's the deal with the SpeedUpBag?

-Ed

He's the inventor of the thing.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sp...th-bicycle-bag

http://cycletechreview.com/2014/bags.../speed-up-bag/

PatrickGSR94 01-31-14 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotch (Post 16450261)
Just had my 2004 Bianchi Axis frame stripped and re-painted by a local frame painter. I was never crazy about the checkered flag design, and it also had a couple of corrosion spots I wanted to repair. I will be building the bike back up in the next few weeks. Here's a few pics.

WOW that looks amazing!!!

Solidjake 01-31-14 06:01 PM

First time I've ridden a road bike and a carbon fiber one at that. Biked 18 miles and it felt so easy. Shifting was a breeze and the bike was stable. I'm in love with it

http://imageshack.com/a/img191/638/u5x4.jpg

torob 01-31-14 06:29 PM

What kind of bar tape are you using? Stock? Looks nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidjake (Post 16457759)
First time I've ridden a road bike and a carbon fiber one at that. Biked 18 miles and it felt so easy. Shifting was a breeze and the bike was stable. I'm in love with it

http://imageshack.com/a/img191/638/u5x4.jpg


Solidjake 01-31-14 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torob (Post 16457806)
What kind of bar tape are you using? Stock? Looks nice.

Yup, it's stock tape. Thanks

Joze 01-31-14 11:50 PM

Hi Gost Ryder,

It is almost a normal bicylce bag, with a zipper and thatů But that handlebar bag reduses my air resistance so I'm faster with it fitted on my bike. If you don't believe me then see human powered vehicle performance chart for yourself: http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2011...for-human.html

Joze 02-01-14 12:07 AM

Hi Gost Ryder,

It is almost a normal bicylce bag, with a zipper and thatů But that handlebar bag reduses my air resistance so I'm faster with it fitted on my bike. If you don't believe me then see human powered vehicle performance chart for yourself: http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2011...for-human.html


Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder (Post 16456369)
Do you use that bag while riding, or is it just hold the bike up?
Is it meant as a saddle bag/spoiler maybe?
Sorry I just never seen something like that on a bicycle.
Sort of reminds me of those big box stores that sold those "Kawasaki/X-game" bikes with the plastic fairings.
Dirtbike/motocross looking bicycles.

Don't get me wrong, I like your bike, Im sort of biased when it comes to Giant.
:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joze (Post 16455747)


Joze 02-01-14 12:11 AM

Hi EddNog,

The bag reduses my air resistance so I'm faster with it fitted on my bike.

Joze


Quote:

Originally Posted by EddNog (Post 16455811)
So what's the deal with the SpeedUpBag?

-Ed


Ghost Ryder 02-01-14 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joze (Post 16458331)
Hi Gost Ryder,

It is almost a normal bicylce bag, with a zipper and thatů But that handlebar bag reduses my air resistance so I'm faster with it fitted on my bike. If you don't believe me then see human powered vehicle performance chart for yourself: http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2011...for-human.html

How do you see from behind it?
I'm guessing we're going to see these being used in all the major tour in the near future.
;)

Best way to go faster is to work on the motor.

jchris896 02-01-14 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm riding a 2012 Trek 1.1 that I picked up on Craigslist. I've added a few goodies since I got it, Shimano A530 pedals, a Cateye wireless computer, and new black bar tape.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=362354

1nterceptor 02-02-14 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chil2makefun (Post 16456921)
Thanks, and for how long have you been using it? Since they recomend replacing it every year...

I've only used the saddle on a handful of rides. 17 miles one way ride to work a few times. Today I rode 40 miles and I thought it was ok.
Like I said before; I like it more than the Selle Italia C2 I was using. My folder saves me US$6 bus fare every time I use it to get to work; so I'm ok with replacing it every year :)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3785/1...c2610a9d_z.jpg
20 Miles to Piermont, NY by 1nterceptor, on Flickr

c_mack9 02-05-14 02:14 PM

Haven't posted a pic here in a while. Ice storm has me bored at home and wondering what my new wheels are going to look like. I didn't put teh rear one on yet because it's still pulling trainer duties.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps710d81d4.jpg

chil2makefun 02-05-14 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_mack9 (Post 16470507)
Haven't posted a pic here in a while. Ice storm has me bored at home and wondering what my new wheels are going to look like. I didn't put teh rear one on yet because it's still pulling trainer duties.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps710d81d4.jpg

Nice how you made the red parts match :)

c_mack9 02-05-14 04:06 PM

Haha, that took some work. several mounts, and dismounts before they lined up. Thanks for noticing.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:45 PM.