Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 101
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,918
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by photonick View Post
    You know, just because you're not excessively accomplished on the bike, doesn't mean other people cannot be.

    Just sayin'.


    Please remember that all statements unless quoted, are strictly my opinion of what happened. That there are as many opinions as there are spectators attending. I just choose to publish mine on this forum. And would NEVER intend to purposely hurt or discredit any other cyclist.... With that said... HTFU!

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My Bikes
    Isaac Impulse, Litespeed Solano, Mongoose Bosberg, Trek 5500, (recently sold Litespeed Classic, Scott Speedster Flat bar)
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dr. Pete, this is just more proof that you like to instigate. You can accuse me all you want of trolling etc, but you always seem to visit my threads without me calling you out or injecting you in and you make snide comments. Have some insight into your own agenda before you accuse me.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPete View Post
    True.


  3. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Burbank
    My Bikes
    not enough
    Posts
    2,361
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wfrogge View Post

  4. #29
    Old but slow sagginwagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    My Bikes
    3 road 1 mountain
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    He is the most tested athlete in human history, with no positives. If you're going to accuse someone, you should have a reason based on reality, not some half-assed roadie friend's gut feelings.

    ....and you're basing this statement on what facts? That Lance said he was the most tested athlete in human history? Okay, then it must be true!

  5. #30
    Lanterne Rouge simplyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    My Bikes
    Time VX Edge
    Posts
    1,993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both roads are possible.

    Lance barely raced throughout the year - he trained and built up massive efficiency and base. He practiced the climbs he would eventually do on the Tour. He had a stellar team [something like this year's CSC] to protect him for 7 years and rock the peleton - and yes, some of them were dopers. Think about how many guys on USPS went off to become GC guys for another team. He had all the genetic potentials to become a great endurance athlete.

    OR

    He doped.

    Either way - he holds 7 TdF victories without any concrete links to doping. He's scott-free.

  6. #31
    Old but slow sagginwagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    My Bikes
    3 road 1 mountain
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyred View Post
    Both roads are possible.

    Think about how many guys on USPS went off to become GC guys for another team.
    ....and got caught doping: Heras, Landis, Hamilton, Beltran. One would have to question the ethics of an organization like that and also one that would hire Basso with all the doping controversy that was swirling around him at the time.

  7. #32
    Old but slow sagginwagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    My Bikes
    3 road 1 mountain
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like win at all costs was their philosophy when it came to the Tour.

  8. #33
    Lanterne Rouge simplyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    My Bikes
    Time VX Edge
    Posts
    1,993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sagginwagin View Post
    Sounds like win at all costs was their philosophy when it came to the Tour.
    Mercenaries for hire.

  9. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    My Bikes
    Cervelo R3, Moots Vamoots SL, Litespeed Classic, Trek 5500
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sagginwagin View Post
    ....and got caught doping: Heras, Landis, Hamilton, Beltran. One would have to question the ethics of an organization like that and also one that would hire Basso with all the doping controversy that was swirling around him at the time.
    Heras was with Manolo Saiz when he got caught. Saiz had perhaps the worst record of cheating amongst the DSs.

    After Hamilton left USPS he raced for Bjarne Riis before moving on to Phonak. Enough said.

    Landis raced for the aforementioned Phonak team

    Beltran had the same questionable test results from 1999 that L'Equipe claimed Arnstrong failed. That was long before he ever raced for Postal.

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most tested cyclist in history? Well, heavy testing did not come start until around the year 2000. Typical testing rules called for testing stage winners, and testing the guy in the yellow jersey. Plus, the out-of-season "surprise" tests. Given how many days Lance was either a stage winner, or wearing the yellow jersey, it is likely he was the most tested rider in the Tour de France after the year 2000.

    A company that owed him a million bucks refused to pay him on the basis of a drug violation clause in their contract with Lance. He sued them and both sides were able to present ALL of the available evidence as to whether Lance won "clean" or not. The company ended up paying Lance WAAAY more than the original million dollars...the evidence he was "clean" far exceeds any evidence that he was "dirty".

  11. #36
    Senior Member Ralleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Individuals don't win the Tour, teams do. If the team cheated, then he cheated. Whether or not he doped is irrelevant.

  12. #37
    Share The Road bent eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't you guys know? Lance is actually a human-alien hybrid from a lab in Roswell. I thought everybody knew that.

    Live long and prosper.
    Steve W

  13. #38
    Dirt-riding heretic DrPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9
    Posts
    17,416
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyrider View Post
    Dr. Pete, this is just more proof that you like to instigate. You can accuse me all you want of trolling etc, but you always seem to visit my threads without me calling you out or injecting you in and you make snide comments. Have some insight into your own agenda before you accuse me.
    I was agreeing with someone else, in fact 2 people who posted before me. Think a bit before you single me out for instigating something.

    And he does have a bucket.
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."

  14. #39
    Senior Member Ralleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bent eagle View Post
    Didn't you guys know? Lance is actually a human-alien hybrid from a lab in Roswell. I thought everybody knew that.

    Livestrong and prosper.

    Fixed.

  15. #40
    Dude wheres my guads? skinnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Guess
    My Bikes
    Not enough
    Posts
    2,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralleh View Post
    Individuals don't win the Tour, teams do. If the team cheated, then he cheated. Whether or not he doped is irrelevant.
    Woot?

  16. #41
    grilled cheesus aham23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    8675309
    My Bikes
    2010 CAAD9 Custom, 06 Giant TCR C2 & 05 Specialized Hardrock Sport
    Posts
    6,933
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new year. same blah blah blah. later.

  17. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My Bikes
    Isaac Impulse, Litespeed Solano, Mongoose Bosberg, Trek 5500, (recently sold Litespeed Classic, Scott Speedster Flat bar)
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insight? Have you any? This response is something a teenager would say. At least I am man enough to take responsibility for my own posts. Now who is the "stalker"?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPete View Post
    I was agreeing with someone else, in fact 2 people who posted before me. Think a bit before you single me out for instigating something.

    And he does have a bucket.

  18. #43
    The Truth Ih8lucky13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami
    My Bikes
    Felt f4c, Felt RXC, Guerciotti Khaybar,Guerciotti EM-2, Cervelo P-3.
    Posts
    2,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanbikehouston View Post
    The company ended up paying Lance WAAAY more than the original million dollars...the evidence he was "clean" far exceeds any evidence that he was "dirty".

    Not true.

    Damn, you need to look up your facts. Lance won the legal argument; that the organazation which controls the race is the sole arbitrer of whether he won or not. Not that he was more innocent.

    Plus they paid what they owed him, plus legal fees there were no punitive damages.

  19. #44
    Senior Member sfcrossrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    My Bikes
    Steelman eurocross, Surly CrossCheck, IRO Rob Roy...
    Posts
    2,760
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPete View Post
    I was agreeing with someone else, in fact 2 people who posted before me. Think a bit before you single me out for instigating something.

    And he does have a bucket.


    This thread needs more photoshop!
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeIndustryGuy View Post
    I guess the feel good aspect of this story is that the perpetrators did this as a couple. It's nice to see people coming together with a common love of cycling and assault.

  20. #45
    Dirt-riding heretic DrPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9
    Posts
    17,416
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyrider View Post
    Insight? Have you any? This response is something a teenager would say. At least I am man enough to take responsibility for my own posts. Now who is the "stalker"?
    Is there something in my previous post that's false?
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."

  21. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My Bikes
    Isaac Impulse, Litespeed Solano, Mongoose Bosberg, Trek 5500, (recently sold Litespeed Classic, Scott Speedster Flat bar)
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post. This is why I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems to win in court each time too. Plus his blood is out there and can be tested at any time. It would be interesting to see if he agreed for those samples to be tested now and see what the result would be in a legitimate lab.

    The other part of me feels that it was a equal playing field and he still crushed everyone. Winning 7 times is more indicative of his mental fortitude rather than EPO because if it were EPO, Ulrich should have been winnning every year but mentally he was weak.


    Quote Originally Posted by alanbikehouston View Post
    Most tested cyclist in history? Well, heavy testing did not come start until around the year 2000. Typical testing rules called for testing stage winners, and testing the guy in the yellow jersey. Plus, the out-of-season "surprise" tests. Given how many days Lance was either a stage winner, or wearing the yellow jersey, it is likely he was the most tested rider in the Tour de France after the year 2000.

    A company that owed him a million bucks refused to pay him on the basis of a drug violation clause in their contract with Lance. He sued them and both sides were able to present ALL of the available evidence as to whether Lance won "clean" or not. The company ended up paying Lance WAAAY more than the original million dollars...the evidence he was "clean" far exceeds any evidence that he was "dirty".

  22. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My Bikes
    Isaac Impulse, Litespeed Solano, Mongoose Bosberg, Trek 5500, (recently sold Litespeed Classic, Scott Speedster Flat bar)
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insight? See you just cannot help yourself. You keep posting and posting and posting to my threads yet you cry and whine about me. Are you OCD?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPete View Post
    Is there something in my previous post that's false?

  23. #48
    Dirt-riding heretic DrPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9
    Posts
    17,416
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyrider View Post
    Insight? See you just cannot help yourself. You keep posting and posting and posting to my threads yet you cry and whine about me. Are you OCD?
    I'm not whining or crying--just enjoying your logical leaps. They are frequent, long, and random. It's entertaining in its own strange way. Keep swingin'--you're bound to hit something sooner or later.
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."

  24. #49
    ^_^ Industrial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    My Bikes
    Cannondale System Six, Specialized FSR-XC, Specialized Langster, Univega Arrow Spot, Raleigh Sports
    Posts
    657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyrider View Post
    get away with it? I say this because I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt but I am not naive. But being he was so marked, how did he get by without the "red handed" nature of these recent situations?
    Testing for EPO especially later in his run was advanced enough but yet he never got caught.

    My friend at work and other guys who follow cycling emphatically say without a doubt he doped with nothing other than a "gut feeling". But how did he get around it if that was the case? All that BS that his doctors were "better" makes no sense because science is science and it should have shown up. No? I understand that the % in the blood could be manipulated easily, but why are these guys getting slammed so quickly? Test may have improved a bit, but the only thing I would believe is if people were paid to look the other way because if not they would have slammed him.
    "As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

  25. #50
    Senior Member roadwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Galt Gulch
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Super Six High Mod, Evo, Sram Red, CAAD9 Rival
    Posts
    10,048
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marin1 View Post
    It is not a gut feeling, it is common sense.
    Everyone that he rode off his wheel was doping
    Contador rode Ricco off his wheel just two months ago in the Giro.

    So, genius, was he doping too?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •