Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 14 of 824 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 20579

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #326
    Senior Member ravenmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,059
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry - don't know who she is. Rather pretty though.
    Ravenmore's Pictures
    Ravenmore's Photo Blog

    Mean people are like slinkys. They're really not worth much but still are rather entertaining to watch tumble down the stairs.

  2. #327
    shedding fat dgasmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, and TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp.
    Posts
    3,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chick is who Mc Cain picked as a running mate. Governor of Alaska.

    There is something generic looking about the canyon that does not appeal to me personally. Nice bikes, but one that I personally cannot call HOT. And don't get me wrong, I love white bikes to begin with!!
    Arguing with ignorant people is an exercise in futility. They will bring you down to their level and once there they will beat you with their overwhelming experience.

  3. #328
    umd
    umd is offline
    Banned umd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT
    Posts
    28,343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind that Canyon is posted all over (hey, I ride a Specialized), but the ".com" bugs me, as does the angled lettering.

  4. #329
    Shoebomber Dick Rhee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    2008 Canyon CF Pro w/ Chorus, 2005 Moots Vamoots w/ Ultegra, 1988 Cannondale commuter
    Posts
    1,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umd View Post
    I don't mind that Canyon is posted all over (hey, I ride a Specialized), but the ".com" bugs me, as does the angled lettering.
    It's definitely a billboard, but considering what I got for the price it's a cost effective one at that!

  5. #330
    Senior Member ravenmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,059
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgasmd View Post
    The chick is who Mc Cain picked as a running mate. Governor of Alaska.

    There is something generic looking about the canyon that does not appeal to me personally. Nice bikes, but one that I personally cannot call HOT. And don't get me wrong, I love white bikes to begin with!!
    there are things you appreciate at a first glance, and then there are things you appreciate by knowing. The Canyon is the latter. Trust me, from a performance standpoint that thing is a screamer. It probably puts a Look 595 to shame.
    Ravenmore's Pictures
    Ravenmore's Photo Blog

    Mean people are like slinkys. They're really not worth much but still are rather entertaining to watch tumble down the stairs.

  6. #331
    Super Moderator making's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    Road bike
    Posts
    2,518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan342000 View Post
    How about this...hot or not? (Looks only...not politics).

    Beats the hell outta Dick Cheney.
    Good Night Chesty, Wherever You Are

  7. #332
    shedding fat dgasmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, and TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp.
    Posts
    3,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmore View Post
    there are things you appreciate at a first glance, and then there are things you appreciate by knowing. The Canyon is the latter. Trust me, from a performance standpoint that thing is a screamer. It probably puts a Look 595 to shame.
    My comment was not meant to be a comparison of performance or a reflection of it. It was simply based on aesthetics alone. There are many bikes i this thread I do not call HOT based on aesthetics, but I will be the first to point out their significant performance advantage over others I may call HOT. I am sure most others replying HOT or NOT are doing the same.
    Arguing with ignorant people is an exercise in futility. They will bring you down to their level and once there they will beat you with their overwhelming experience.

  8. #333
    has a Large Member Campag4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,782
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rankin116 View Post
    Politics aside, a beautiful woman.

    Add in that she is a 'powerful' woman, hot as hell!
    She is indeed a beautiful women but nowhere near qualified to serve as VP.
    I know McCain feels somewhat desperate to beat Obama, but that pick had desperation written all over it. I have never seen a bigger political risk taken than choosing her for VP...the second runner up to Miss Alaska btw a few years back. With this transparent decision, McCain is further disrespecting the idiots that actually wanted Hillary for president. It will back fire but the GOP didn't have much of a chance anyway.

  9. #334
    Super Moderator making's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    Road bike
    Posts
    2,518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campag4life View Post
    She is indeed a beautiful women but nowhere near qualified to serve as VP.
    I know McCain feels somewhat desperate to beat Obama, but that pick had desperation written all over it. I have never seen a bigger political risk taken than choosing her for VP...the second runner up to Miss Alaska btw a few years back. With this transparent decision, McCain is further disrespecting the idiots that actually wanted Hillary for president. It will back fire but the GOP didn't have much of a chance anyway.
    This is too cool a thread to get moved to P&R. Back to bikes.
    Good Night Chesty, Wherever You Are

  10. #335
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    not vp material

    Great insight Campag4life. Always nice to have a well read and brainy cyclist around. Keep reading. Keep cycling. Stay informed. The GOP is shameful.

  11. #336
    Senior Member Johannes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York
    My Bikes
    2007 Pedalforce RS full Dura-Ace Road Bike / 2006 Spezialized Sirrus Pro
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it seems that the frame size is reverse proportional to the price of the bike (with very few exceptions).

  12. #337
    ROAD enthusiast revolator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bat Cave
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Beats the hell outta Dick Cheney.
    But can she handle a shot *** as well?

  13. #338
    Senior Member ravenmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,059
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgasmd View Post
    My comment was not meant to be a comparison of performance or a reflection of it. It was simply based on aesthetics alone. There are many bikes i this thread I do not call HOT based on aesthetics, but I will be the first to point out their significant performance advantage over others I may call HOT. I am sure most others replying HOT or NOT are doing the same.
    I have a habit of coming off gruffer than I intend especially in our conversations it seems.

    For me the performance and history aspects of a bike can make it hotter. CAAD frames are another example - they're kind of generic to look at but since I know their reputation it enhances their aesthetic - to me at least. The Canyon is also a bit hotter still because you don't see them everyday.
    Ravenmore's Pictures
    Ravenmore's Photo Blog

    Mean people are like slinkys. They're really not worth much but still are rather entertaining to watch tumble down the stairs.

  14. #339
    Super Moderator making's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    Road bike
    Posts
    2,518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by revolator View Post
    But can she handle a shot *** as well?
    i heard she goes Moose hunting. Bigger targets than the birds Dick C was shooting at. But come to think of it I dont think I would go hunting with either one.
    Good Night Chesty, Wherever You Are

  15. #340
    Senior Member WHOOOSSHHH...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    6,145
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same bike.. different seat, seat post, bar tape, wheels...

    Last edited by WHOOOSSHHH...; 09-04-08 at 01:13 PM.

  16. #341
    shedding fat dgasmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, and TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp.
    Posts
    3,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Same bike.. different seat, seat post, bar tape, wheels...
    So hot it is almost boiling. However, the seat post, color of brakes and bottle cages, and color of the seat/bar tape seem out of place. Seat should have been white as well as the bar tape. The brakes and cages should have been black. I know it was a combination to the red grouppo and all, but it all seems a bit out of place. Hot as heck though, and very possible my next/second bike before the year is over.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmore View Post
    I have a habit of coming off gruffer than I intend especially in our conversations it seems.

    For me the performance and history aspects of a bike can make it hotter. CAAD frames are another example - they're kind of generic to look at but since I know their reputation it enhances their aesthetic - to me at least. The Canyon is also a bit hotter still because you don't see them everyday.
    I agree with you too on the history/performance thing, but I guess personal taste comes into play as well. Not mine better than yours, just different and personal. By the way, I never take your comments as personal attacks. I presumed you did not intended them that way.
    Arguing with ignorant people is an exercise in futility. They will bring you down to their level and once there they will beat you with their overwhelming experience.

  17. #342
    Senior Member Tsuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    Old Trek roadie for commutes, Felt for road cycling, Lambo Tandem for fun!
    Posts
    2,880
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who doesn't like large text on wheels??

    Beautiful BMC otherwise...

  18. #343
    Senior Member WHOOOSSHHH...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    6,145
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used all the combo's..

  19. #344
    CEE
    CEE is offline
    Senior Member CEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UCLA
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO keep the black bottle cages and white tape

  20. #345
    meow bostongarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hint: check out my BF name
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Super Six, Dura Ace 7800, 2007 Cannondale System Six Dura Ace 7800, 1992 Bridgestone RB-1, MB-2, MB-3, MB-5
    Posts
    5,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Same bike.. different seat, seat post, bar tape, wheels...

    Certainly hot

  21. #346
    meow bostongarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hint: check out my BF name
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Super Six, Dura Ace 7800, 2007 Cannondale System Six Dura Ace 7800, 1992 Bridgestone RB-1, MB-2, MB-3, MB-5
    Posts
    5,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    I've used all the combo's..
    Hot...I'm a big white tape fan, but -- and perhaps it is the camera angle -- it looked a bit more appealing with the black tape...

  22. #347
    Super Moderator making's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    Road bike
    Posts
    2,518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the white better, ah i am not sure. Just a nice looking bike.
    Good Night Chesty, Wherever You Are

  23. #348
    Senior Member Cateye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lactate Threshold
    My Bikes
    Orbea
    Posts
    584
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The white looks better................but get rid of the red breaks.

  24. #349
    shedding fat dgasmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, and TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp.
    Posts
    3,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    I've used all the combo's..
    Best combo. Even the red brakes look good here. Maybe except for the wheels, but the Easton wheels "look" very nice on it too. Hard to argue against the Reynolds though
    Arguing with ignorant people is an exercise in futility. They will bring you down to their level and once there they will beat you with their overwhelming experience.

  25. #350
    ^oZ
    ^oZ is offline
    shut up legs ^oZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Mokum
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •