Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Hot r Not (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/452315-hot-r-not.html)

Soloist Assassin 03-03-12 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSS (Post 13924767)
I don't think even UCIMBZ can fault this one

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/.../dsc0068ge.jpg

I'll give this one a shot. It has Di2, but not only that it was not installed properly, and the battery is still visible. The yellow wheel stickers. Rotor cranks aren't exactly visually appealing. The excess stem needs cut, and it is staged poorly. Fix all that, and it would be quite hot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningDoc (Post 13925254)
its been mentioned before, but the proprietary Look stem and cranks are adjustable. so you can change the length and angle of the stem and the length of the crank arms.

thats why the stem looks funky. being able to adjust easily is a HOT function for me.

That's like saying my girlfriend is really ugly, but she is good in the sack, and has a great personality. At the end of the day, that stem looks like a steaming pile of cow dung. Every time you post that bike you get the same response. Why don't you just buy a new stem already?

Silvercivic27 03-03-12 06:48 AM

@Kingfisher: I was under the impression that when measuring kops like you are in the picture, you are supposed to place the front of the knee over the pedal spindle, your string and the red line seem too far back at the knee to me. (that would likely put your seat farther back). The bottom of the line and the plumb bob also seem forward of the spindle/metatarsal head to me, which would also probably push your seat back some. Just my 0.02.

Soloist Assassin 03-03-12 06:53 AM

How did we get the point where we are now discussing questionable fit theories in this thread? There are plenty of threads about bike fit. Why is this being discussed here?

WhyFi 03-03-12 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSS (Post 13924761)

Oh yeah - stooopidy hot.

adriano 03-03-12 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSS (Post 13924767)
I don't think even UCIMBZ can fault this one

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/.../dsc0068ge.jpg

way too tall to be hot. its not nearly long enough to prevent a rider of that size from losing all the venge watts.

adriano 03-03-12 07:05 AM

100% photographic evidence that you probably need to move your saddle back.

Soloist Assassin 03-03-12 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adriano (Post 13925580)
way too tall to be hot. its not nearly long enough to prevent a rider of that size from losing all the venge watts.

Good point. What is that a 2-3cm drop? What good is an aero frame when you are sitting straight up?

JSS 03-03-12 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adriano (Post 13925586)
100% photographic evidence that you probably need to move your saddle back.

I feel bad being the reason why this poor guy joined this forum, he was perfectly happy at ww.com where everyone loves each other and every bike is great

nhluhr 03-03-12 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSS (Post 13924761)

Unlike the Ridley with its arched back look, this bike has absolutely nothing wrong with it aesthetically. I give this an unequivocal HOT. I don't even care what gear it's in. Yes, I even like the 'system' look of the stem and crank.

nhluhr 03-03-12 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 13924805)
Really? I can see where some would think "muscular," but I just see "chunky" - that frame doesn't look particularly graceful to me, in that size. Not my cuppa.

Plus, go through all the trouble and expense to get an aerodynamically engineered frame but then put on wheels that have been proven sub-par in aerodynamic testing... and get shifting that is supposed to be the best of the best especially in the front and put on some boutique crankset. This bike reeks of purple anodized parts in a new millennium.

adriano 03-03-12 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSS (Post 13925618)
I feel bad being the reason why this poor guy joined this forum, he was perfectly happy at ww.com where everyone loves each other and every bike is great

i did qualify it with a "probably." if thats comfortable and powerful then good, but id definitely at least try moving down and back from there.

full disclosure: i recently moved forward and up and and am much happier for it. im still farther back than that though.

adriano 03-03-12 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soloist Assassin (Post 13925589)
Good point. What is that a 2-3cm drop? What good is an aero frame when you are sitting straight up?

2cm of drop isnt too bad as long as youre stretched out a bit. that is more than 2 or 3cm, but its far too short and well into sail territory assuming normal proportions.

chaulky61 03-03-12 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=239783

LowCel 03-03-12 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaulky61 (Post 13925737)

I've seen one of those some place before. :D

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ikes/017-2.jpg

chaulky61 03-03-12 08:47 AM

How do I know that is your's LC? You do not have a sign on it! :)

rjones28 03-03-12 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowCel (Post 13925758)
I've seen one of those some place before. :D

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ikes/017-2.jpg

Hot.

UCIMBZ 03-03-12 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaulky61 (Post 13925737)

That is hilarious. Hot.

chaulky61 03-03-12 09:31 AM

Hey Low Cel: Can you nip up to Canada and take a photo of mine? Perhaps then it will attain the coveted "hot" status.

Edit: Woo hoo, I got a "hot". Thanks UCI!!!!!

LowCel 03-03-12 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaulky61 (Post 13925898)
Hey Low Cel: Can you nip up to Canada and take a photo of mine? Perhaps then it will attain the coveted "hot" status.

Edit: Woo hoo, I got a "hot". Thanks UCI!!!!!

Never been to Canada so sure, just send me a round trip airline ticket and I'll be right up.

LowCel 03-03-12 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaulky61 (Post 13925768)
How do I know that is your's LC? You do not have a sign on it! :)

If I was going to steal a picture of a Colnago to claim as mine it would be a much more expensive one.

chaulky61 03-03-12 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowCel (Post 13925931)
If I was going to steal a picture of a Colnago to claim as mine it would be a much more expensive one.

True that!

And by the way, I do not need your photography services as my bike has been deemed "hot" (even if for the wrong reason). Thanks for the offer!

JSS 03-03-12 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaulky61 (Post 13925737)

get rid of the ugly stickers on the wheels and the sign then it would be Hot.

chaulky61 03-03-12 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSS (Post 13926133)
get rid of the ugly stickers on the wheels and the sign then it would be Hot.

The sign is gone.... thought about debranding the wheels but decided not to. (Your Look is smokin hot by the way!)

JSS 03-03-12 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCIMBZ (Post 13923558)
Much obliged. Let's get back on track.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6124/5...bddec3f9_z.jpg

Lets start with ugly and heavy wheel set, get rid of the stickers (how do you name a wheel set pro lite and have them weigh 1900g? http://prolitewheels.com/cgi-bin/Web...a/page?id=7410) White handle bar tape and white seats are for people who do not ride and are never hot. Just want to mention that the frame is cheap and only a 12k carbon weave you can buy a complete 105 bike for $1400.00

adriano 03-03-12 11:13 AM

those wheels are horrifying, haha.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:24 PM.