Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 509 of 841 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast
Results 12,701 to 12,725 of 21025

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #12701
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Elwood Indiana
    My Bikes
    they change so much I'm tired of updating this
    Posts
    2,615
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh oh! Speed sensor is on the wrong side...
    Semper fi

  2. #12702
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets View Post
    I vote back in black, although it looks a little puffy in the pic.
    Yup I am loving the black in the way it hides the dirt! The tape is Specialized Bar Phat 4.5mm Gels- feels very puffy indeed. Not sure if I like the thick bar yet.

  3. #12703
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sloar View Post
    Uh oh! Speed sensor is on the wrong side...
    The front sensor? You'll have to forgive my noob placement of electronics

    Next pic will be mounted on the correct side....

  4. #12704
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD10 Team, Giant TCR
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdre View Post
    Greetings all from Ireland.

    Hot. However...

    Have the steerer cut and remove the water bottles, then repost.

  5. #12705
    Senior Member YOJiMBO20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdre View Post
    Greetings all from Ireland.

    Lots of amazing bikes on here guys.

    I'm new to the forum- go easy on my first pics



    with black bar tape

    It's lukewarm right now.

    Cut the extra steerer tube, switch to a black stem, level the saddle, lose the bottles, ditch the valve caps, put it in the big ring, and keep the white tape (go with Fizik, keeps clean and cleans well when dirty) and you will be closer to hot.
    2010 Litespeed Icon, Rival
    1987 Nishiki Olympic 12, commuterized

  6. #12706
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    take out the water bottles, cut stem, and flatten out the saddle.

  7. #12707
    Senior Member YOJiMBO20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, welcome to the forums and all that jazz.
    2010 Litespeed Icon, Rival
    1987 Nishiki Olympic 12, commuterized

  8. #12708
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by e_guevara View Post
    Hot. However...

    Have the steerer cut and remove the water bottles, then repost.
    Next pic: without water bottles, speed sensor swapped sides.

    As regards the steerer: Are people slamming and just getting used to the riding position?

  9. #12709
    Senior Member YOJiMBO20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cut the steerer above the stem.
    2010 Litespeed Icon, Rival
    1987 Nishiki Olympic 12, commuterized

  10. #12710
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TDRILL-

    This is what your bike would look like with a slammed and flipped 6 degree stem (I used the same one you have). I personally think it looks MUCH gooder....


    Original

  11. #12711
    Senior Member YOJiMBO20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you also took the Garmin off the stem, bianchi...

    But I agree. Much more gooderer.
    2010 Litespeed Icon, Rival
    1987 Nishiki Olympic 12, commuterized

  12. #12712
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    10,939
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdre View Post
    As regards the steerer: Are people slamming and just getting used to the riding position?
    Don't ****ing do that. If you're comfortable with the height it's at now, cut the excess steerer. When you feel like experimenting, slide it down but leave the excess until you're sure you're comfortable with the new position.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
    They were getting crude, as juveniles are often inclined to do when given opportunity. :rolleyes:

  13. #12713
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YOJiMBO20 View Post
    Also, welcome to the forums and all that jazz.
    Thank you! Loving the bikes on here although I fear for my credit card's safety.

    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    take out the water bottles, cut stem, and flatten out the saddle.
    Thank you for the advice- will get on that for the next pic
    Quote Originally Posted by YOJiMBO20 View Post
    It's lukewarm right now.

    Cut the extra steerer tube, switch to a black stem, level the saddle, lose the bottles, ditch the valve caps, put it in the big ring, and keep the white tape (go with Fizik, keeps clean and cleans well when dirty) and you will be closer to hot.
    All taken on board- thanks for the advise. Will borrow a friends black stem for trial and also will take a look at fizik white tape.

  14. #12714
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    maxdre-I wonder how your bike would look with white hoods if you kept the black bar tape.

  15. #12715
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YOJiMBO20 View Post
    I see you also took the Garmin off the stem, bianchi...

    But I agree. Much more gooderer.
    My PS would assume the garmin would be on a mount in front of the bars as I suggested which cleans up the cockpit.

  16. #12716
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    maxdre-I wonder how your bike would look with white hoods if you kept the black bar tape.
    I must partake in some photoshop experimentation on that one bianchi10- priority for now is cut the steerer after playing around with lower bars..

    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    My PS would assume the garmin would be on a mount in front of the bars as I suggested which cleans up the cockpit.
    I agree. Also the SLR01 looks much much gooderer with straight stem. HOT!!

  17. #12717
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    are you asking me to PS for you?

  18. #12718
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    are you asking me to PS for you?
    If you can do it without much trouble it would be great. I have Adobe CS on my work laptop but have not used photoshop for a long time

  19. #12719
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll work on it tonight in about an hour after the kido's go to bed.

  20. #12720
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    I'll work on it tonight in about an hour after the kido's go to bed.
    You're too kind! Thanks!

  21. #12721
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here ya go. Got ride of the bottles and straightened your saddle as well....



  22. #12722
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rome, NY
    My Bikes
    11 BMC SLR01 / 09 Madone 4.5
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post


    OK here goes...

    I'm on the fence about it. I'm not a fan of -17 deg stems because I think they look odd below level. also dont care for the cages. Hate the aesthetics of the SMP saddles. I dislike seeing large computers (garmins and others alike) on the stem, Id rather see a garmin bar mount that places it out in front of the bar. Its completely personal and not needed, I just think it cleans the cockpit up a bit. All of these are obviously pure aesthetics.

    BUT

    I am a big fan of the black team machine! Boyds look great on there too! With your set up, I think you could go either way of keeping the decals on or removing them to go with the all black wheels. Personally, I love how a wheel looks with logo's while moving so I vote keep them on. Good saddle to bar drop.

    As wooooooooooooooosh said, I think to myself, would I take a second look at this bike if I saw it riding on the street? Yeah I would, so I will give it a hot.

    I agree with all of this as you and others have stated. Since this is about as much drop as I can reasonably handle, I can't slam the stem like I'd want to without going to a lesser degree stem. This is what it came with and so I run it but ideally it would have less drop like the -6 you posted. The cages, I loved the look online but as soon as I got them, hated the look on the bike. I did something I said I'd never do and spent too much money on carbon cages and feel a bit stuck with them. I found a set that are more minimalist and have a touch of red which I think are much better but IDK if I want to spend anymore money on the bike.

    If you saw the hideous Cobb saddle I ran on my previous bike (seen in the Show me your Black bike thread), you would fall all over yourself to get this SMP back on. Unfortunately, junk comfort conquers all for me so love it or hate it, I will always run a funky saddle with a big cutout. The Fizik's etc that look great, I have tried but stuff is falling asleep under 30 miles even shifting my positions around etc.

    Besides the stem issue, my biggest gripe is that it needs just a touch more flash which I think a bit of red will do. At minimum a tiny touch of red on the cages. IDK if red hubs would be too much. Thought about maybe black hub but red nipples? IDK, just missing a tiny something to perfectly set it up and break up the drab of black / white / grey

    Anyway, I'll take my majority hot and run with it. It is way hotter than my slow a$$ deserves already. Thanks everybody for the great feedback

  23. #12723
    Senior Member YOJiMBO20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    Here ya go. Got ride of the bottles and straightened your saddle as well....


    Black stem is good. Would be gooder with white tape, too.
    2010 Litespeed Icon, Rival
    1987 Nishiki Olympic 12, commuterized

  24. #12724
    Senior Member YOJiMBO20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TDRILL View Post
    I agree with all of this as you and others have stated. Since this is about as much drop as I can reasonably handle, I can't slam the stem like I'd want to without going to a lesser degree stem. This is what it came with and so I run it but ideally it would have less drop like the -6 you posted. The cages, I loved the look online but as soon as I got them, hated the look on the bike. I did something I said I'd never do and spent too much money on carbon cages and feel a bit stuck with them. I found a set that are more minimalist and have a touch of red which I think are much better but IDK if I want to spend anymore money on the bike.

    If you saw the hideous Cobb saddle I ran on my previous bike (seen in the Show me your Black bike thread), you would fall all over yourself to get this SMP back on. Unfortunately, junk comfort conquers all for me so love it or hate it, I will always run a funky saddle with a big cutout. The Fizik's etc that look great, I have tried but stuff is falling asleep under 30 miles even shifting my positions around etc.

    Besides the stem issue, my biggest gripe is that it needs just a touch more flash which I think a bit of red will do. At minimum a tiny touch of red on the cages. IDK if red hubs would be too much. Thought about maybe black hub but red nipples? IDK, just missing a tiny something to perfectly set it up and break up the drab of black / white / grey

    Anyway, I'll take my majority hot and run with it. It is way hotter than my slow a$$ deserves already. Thanks everybody for the great feedback
    Red nips and a 3T Team stem (and maybe post and bars...) would be just the right amount of red methinks. And the red nips would line up perfect with the red on the fork if you keep those rims.
    2010 Litespeed Icon, Rival
    1987 Nishiki Olympic 12, commuterized

  25. #12725
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TDRILL View Post
    Besides the stem issue, my biggest gripe is that it needs just a touch more flash which I think a bit of red will do. At minimum a tiny touch of red on the cages. IDK if red hubs would be too much. Thought about maybe black hub but red nipples? IDK, just missing a tiny something to perfectly set it up and break up the drab of black / white / grey

    Anyway, I'll take my majority hot and run with it. It is way hotter than my slow a$$ deserves already. Thanks everybody for the great feedback

    I disagree completely. I don't think it needs anymore flash. The minimal and subtle red accents it has Is good. I honestly think you would dig the look of your bike if you went to a -6 degree and dropped the spacers. Having a stack of spacers that high combined with a stem that low is counter productive. Besides slammed stem always looks bad ass. Your bike is far from drab. It actually has alot going on. In fact if you read back, a majority of the folks recommended you debadge your wheels to help tone it down. Your bike is intended to have a stealth look to it not sparkle with accent colors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •