Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 51 of 824 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 20582

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #1251
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel Valley
    My Bikes
    1979 Centurion Super Le Manns, 2009 Trek Madone 5.2
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)




    Last edited by Catfish Barbels; 07-01-09 at 02:10 AM.

  2. #1252
    JR^2 under18cyclists's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rochester,Ny
    My Bikes
    2004 giant ocr1
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That cervelo is GOLDEN.
    15 years old and still going strong.

    "Reach for the stars, so if you fall, you'll land on a cloud" Kanye West.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #1253
    Roadie ninjaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks white to me...

  4. #1254
    AIMLESS WONDERING!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Belize
    My Bikes
    2004 Giant TCR C2
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the beginning of this thread I don't think I would have been able to pick a favorite, but after seeing the matte carbon De Rosa...THAT"S IT!

  5. #1255
    Senior Member Tsuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    Old Trek roadie for commutes, Felt for road cycling, Lambo Tandem for fun!
    Posts
    2,880
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yohimbe2 View Post
    built piece by piece by me off ebay....

    Stem, saddle, seat post, handlebars, all purchased with custom fitting.

    Full Dura ace purchased (7800) but bike in pics currently has Ultegra installed. Last swap will be the components....

    Tossed in white tires with the SL's to "cool down" the Ti.



    Okay.... I'm suddenly very jealous. That is just plain sexiness with two wheels right there..

  6. #1256
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
    That will make it lighter weight and stiffer (you meant to do that).
    Looks really nice!
    I Know I know, That's what I keep telling myself, It just looks a bit too MTBy

  7. #1257
    Cardiac Case Drag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dropped... about 5 miles back...
    My Bikes
    Trek, Cannondale, Litespeed, Lynskey
    Posts
    2,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuru View Post
    Okay.... I'm suddenly very jealous. That is just plain sexiness with two wheels right there..
    Yeah it is.
    TITANIUMDIVISION
    BF Great Lakes Forum

  8. #1258
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my new 61cm Cervelo S1. Not the caliber of bike that has been previously posted in this thread, but the best I've ever had. I'm really loving it. On to the pictures.













  9. #1259
    shedding fat dgasmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, and TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp.
    Posts
    3,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a nice paint scheme. too bad they don't use more white/red schemes in their other bikes.
    Arguing with ignorant people is an exercise in futility. They will bring you down to their level and once there they will beat you with their overwhelming experience.

  10. #1260
    hobo grahny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ that's a pro tour worthy frame... absolutely at the same caliber as other rides on here!

    I still miss my old SLT.

  11. #1261
    Senior Member fixedgearinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Petrolia, PA
    My Bikes
    '01 Cannondale CAAD5 3000si, Framed Minnesota2 Fattie
    Posts
    383
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just posting updated pictures of my Basso... recently added the Ksyrium Elites, white Ponsa saddle, has 10sp Veloce/Centaur mix with vintage Chorus fr der, headset, skewers, b-bkt, Cinelli bar and stem and a Thomson post...



  12. #1262
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbird74 View Post
    Here's my new 61cm Cervelo S1. Not the caliber of bike that has been previously posted in this thread, but the best I've ever had. I'm really loving it. On to the pictures.














    Man that is a great bike and your photography skills are top notch. Obviously you have skill with a camera.

  13. #1263
    Senior Member dstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Awesome, Austin, TX
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6
    Posts
    3,750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Just finished this build. Build info and specs can be found here.

    2014 Specialized RoubaixOOOOOO 2003 Interloc ImpalaOOOOOO 2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)


  14. #1264
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2008 Bianchi 928 HoC SL




  15. #1265
    Senior Member cyclezealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
    My Bikes
    Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
    Posts
    13,147
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All bikes are hot.. Photo number two( Shadow Gray's.) .. Sort of looks like the Iron Horse is aluminum.?
    Pray for the Dead and Fight like Hell for the Living






    ^ Since January 1, 2012

  16. #1266
    hobo grahny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimivich View Post
    2008 Bianchi 928 HoC SL
    Very nice

  17. #1267
    Senior Member ravenmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,059
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yohimbe2 View Post
    built piece by piece by me off ebay....

    Stem, saddle, seat post, handlebars, all purchased with custom fitting.

    Full Dura ace purchased (7800) but bike in pics currently has Ultegra installed. Last swap will be the components....

    Tossed in white tires with the SL's to "cool down" the Ti.


    sorry, but I have to vote 'not' here. I like the Seven Ti frame, but hate the shimano components and kysrium wheels. I love Thomson with the exception of their set back seat post, which has always just looked awkward to me. Also not photographed up to potential.
    Ravenmore's Pictures
    Ravenmore's Photo Blog

    Mean people are like slinkys. They're really not worth much but still are rather entertaining to watch tumble down the stairs.

  18. #1268
    Senior Member ravenmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,059
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbird74 View Post
    Here's my new 61cm Cervelo S1. Not the caliber of bike that has been previously posted in this thread, but the best I've ever had. I'm really loving it. On to the pictures.












    well done and extremely well photographed.
    Ravenmore's Pictures
    Ravenmore's Photo Blog

    Mean people are like slinkys. They're really not worth much but still are rather entertaining to watch tumble down the stairs.

  19. #1269
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Great post.

    Super hot: Pinarello Prince, DeRosa, Moots.
    Hot: Just about everything else. Especially vintage steel. I actually had a Cilo like the red one.
    Not hot: The chopper and decal bikes.

    Here's a couple of my restorations:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #1270
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmore View Post
    sorry, but I have to vote 'not' here. I like the Seven Ti frame, but hate the shimano components and kysrium wheels. I love Thomson with the exception of their set back seat post, which has always just looked awkward to me. Also not photographed up to potential.
    Love the honest opinion. I must admit I got lazy with the camera. I had two flashes and an umbrella, but batteries were low so I simply took a "snap" shot...

    Photography and bicycles are to hobbies that merge nicely. After the bike is complete, I'll have some fun with my camera.

    Bought the Ksyrium SL's for $400....Wanted something light and durable....

    Considered Campy, but I built this bike myself. (complete newb)...The used 7800 pieces cost me around $700.

    Seven Ti= $1000
    Mavic=$400
    Dura Ace 7800=$700
    Saddle/Seat post/Stem/Handlebar $450 all added by a pro during a very long fitting...In other words, those parts were all measured to fit me. (I liked the straight Thomson masterpiece seat post better too, but the pro put me on the slanted one)

    Total cost= A bit over 2K..

    Value of my experience building bike= Priceless.








  21. #1271
    Not actually Tmonk TMonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    caad9, capo (fixed), centurion dave scott 10sp, dolan pre cursa (track)
    Posts
    6,373
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yohimbe2 View Post
    Love the honest opinion. I must admit I got lazy with the camera. I had two flashes and an umbrella, but batteries were low so I simply took a "snap" shot...

    Photography and bicycles are to hobbies that merge nicely. After the bike is complete, I'll have some fun with my camera.

    Bought the Ksyrium SL's for $400....Wanted something light and durable....

    Considered Campy, but I built this bike myself. (complete newb)...The used 7800 pieces cost me around $700.

    Seven Ti= $1000
    Mavic=$400
    Dura Ace 7800=$700
    Saddle/Seat post/Stem/Handlebar $450 all added by a pro during a very long fitting...In other words, those parts were all measured to fit me. (I liked the straight Thomson masterpiece seat post better too, but the pro put me on the slanted one)

    Total cost= A bit over 2K..

    Value of my experience building bike= Priceless.







    Oh come on give us a complete shot please...

  22. #1272
    Senior Member lechat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    s.e. tn.
    Posts
    1,226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not the best pics. found this nos frame on ebay. just what i needed to build the backup bike i'd been planning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hillbilly

  23. #1273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMonk View Post
    Oh come on give us a complete shot please...
    Full shot was done above......tacky red curtains and poor lighting.....


  24. #1274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC (originally from MA)
    My Bikes
    2015 Niner RLT9 / 2006 Felt F5C / 2012 Stumpjumper
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yohimbe2 View Post
    Love the honest opinion. I must admit I got lazy with the camera. I had two flashes and an umbrella, but batteries were low so I simply took a "snap" shot...

    Photography and bicycles are to hobbies that merge nicely. After the bike is complete, I'll have some fun with my camera.

    Bought the Ksyrium SL's for $400....Wanted something light and durable....

    Considered Campy, but I built this bike myself. (complete newb)...The used 7800 pieces cost me around $700.

    Seven Ti= $1000
    Mavic=$400
    Dura Ace 7800=$700
    Saddle/Seat post/Stem/Handlebar $450 all added by a pro during a very long fitting...In other words, those parts were all measured to fit me. (I liked the straight Thomson masterpiece seat post better too, but the pro put me on the slanted one)

    Total cost= A bit over 2K..

    Value of my experience building bike= Priceless.
    I fail to see why the slanted post is necessary when the seat is so far forward on it.

  25. #1275
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob! View Post
    I fail to see why the slanted post is necessary when the seat is so far forward on it.
    Man, you are saying all the things I was thinking....Dam seat post set me back $150.

    I hate the way it fits my bike stand for maintenance...

    I'll go back to my fitter and ask for a straight bar.. (unless there is something we are missing here------Best fitter in the DC area-----I trust these people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •