Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 515 of 825 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 12,851 to 12,875 of 20603

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #12851
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus 2003
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    looks pretty sweet, not to many decals and a very sharp saddle you must feel every bump with that!

  2. #12852
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    5,599
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    More than one.


    Wheels not staged
    Dark background. (A car is not a good option because the are so many angles, it distracts from the bike.
    Spacer tower
    Crank arm not at 3 or in line with down tube
    Saddle not level


    Not
    Tool! The owner is a cyclist, not an OCP.

    It's about the bike. I panned it because of the spacers/stem, but the rest of your gripes are BS.

    FTR, it's a new build and he's planning on dropping half the spacers, but doesn't have a sharp blade. The saddle has a slight tilt down, but that was corrected before he finished the first ride.

    The owner isn't very happy about this build. He's used to riding classic Italian steel, and hates how stretched out this bike is.
    Last edited by BoSoxYacht; 03-24-13 at 05:57 PM.

  3. #12853
    Senior Member halfspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    My Bikes
    are better than yours.
    Posts
    11,660
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    Tool!

    It's about the bike. I panned it because of the spacers/stem, but the rest of your gripes are BS.

    FTR, it's a new build and he's planning on dropping half the spacers, but doesn't have a sharp blade. The saddle has a slight tilt down, but that was corrected before he finished the first ride.

    The owner isn't very happy about this build. He's used to riding classic Italian steel, and hates how stretched out this bike is.
    BS gripes are what this thread is about.
    Telemachus has, indeed, sneezed.

  4. #12854
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,094
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    Tool!

    It's about the bike. I panned it because of the spacers/stem, but the rest of your gripes are BS.

    FTR, it's a new build and he's planning on dropping half the spacers, but doesn't have a sharp blade. The saddle has a slight tilt down, but that was corrected before he finished the first ride.

    The owner isn't very happy about this build. He's used to riding classic Italian steel, and hates how stretched out this bike is.
    It's a thread about taking pretty pictures of bikes. Criticisms tend to be things that detract from it being a pretty picture of a bike, not practicality.

    That is not a pretty picture of a bike, for several reasons. The frame looks too small for the rider.
    Last edited by Nerull; 03-24-13 at 06:01 PM.

  5. #12855
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    5,599
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
    BS gripes are what this thread is about.
    Actually, it's about the bike, not the presentation.

  6. #12856
    Throw the stick!!!! LowCel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    My Bikes
    GMC Denali
    Posts
    17,589
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerull View Post
    That is not a pretty picture of a bike, for several reasons.
    To be fair it's really not that good looking of a bike either.
    I may be fat but I'm slow enough to make up for it.

  7. #12857
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,094
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCel View Post
    To be fair it's really not that good looking of a bike either.
    Well, that's one of the reasons. But not the only one.

  8. #12858
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    5,599
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So glamour shots of ugly chicks is what you want?

    I don't care how much you stage & photoshop a BD bike, it's still crap.
    Last edited by BoSoxYacht; 03-24-13 at 06:23 PM.

  9. #12859
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    My Bikes
    BMC
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiroskka View Post
    I slowly grew to hate my previous stem.
    this is a pinnacle of the classic look. HOT.

  10. #12860
    Throw the stick!!!! LowCel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    My Bikes
    GMC Denali
    Posts
    17,589
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    So glamour shots of ugly chics is what you want?

    I don't care how much you stage & photoshop a BD bike, it's still crap.
    Why are you getting so offended by strangers that don't care for your friend's bike?
    I may be fat but I'm slow enough to make up for it.

  11. #12861
    V8s all day primov8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NYC--->Rockville Centre--->NYC
    My Bikes
    2012 Ridley Noah Pro-SR11 EPS, ??? SR11-EPS
    Posts
    776
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrayy View Post
    I don't see too many Kuotas but yours is definitely a nice looking build. HOT.
    2012 Ridley Noah Pro / SR11-EPS
    ??? / SR11-EPS

  12. #12862
    Senior Member WHOOOSSHHH...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    6,265
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    Tool! The owner is a cyclist, not an OCP.

    It's about the bike. I panned it because of the spacers/stem, but the rest of your gripes are BS.

    FTR, it's a new build and he's planning on dropping half the spacers, but doesn't have a sharp blade. The saddle has a slight tilt down, but that was corrected before he finished the first ride.

    The owner isn't very happy about this build. He's used to riding classic Italian steel, and hates how stretched out this bike is.
    Need some cheese with that whine? Of perhaps a box of Kleenex? You're making yourself look silly! I imagine your face all red while you pound away at your keyboard over what you perceive as a personal attack on your "friends" bike? Really?

  13. #12863
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,757
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    Tool! The owner is a cyclist, not an OCP.
    simmer down man. you said only thing. I was just correcting. Go through this thread and tell me one page where someone doesn't point out that the wheels weren't staged, background wasnt good, chain is crossed, bike has bottles in cages, tires not centered over stems....etc. Its not like anyone is singling out your picture. Besides, even if everything I mentioned was in order its still a Not.

  14. #12864
    Senior Member Spoonrobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    Actually, it's about the bike, not the presentation.
    There are two really nice things about that bike.

    1. It's not my bike.
    2. It's not your bike.

    So, there's that.

  15. #12865
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    5,599
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCel View Post
    To be fair it's really not that good looking of a bike either.
    I gotta disagree with you there.

    No it's not a piece of aero plastic from the Orient, but it's a very nice looking ride.

    Btw, the owner is already thinking about dumping the frameset on fleabay. It's a bit too small, so now he's searching for a better fitting frame. He wants a classic steel frame ether 130mm spacing.

    Is the Tomassini Techno classic Italian geometry?

  16. #12866
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    5,599
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Need some cheese with that whine? Of perhaps a box of Kleenex? You're making yourself look silly! I imagine your face all red while you pound away at your keyboard over what you perceive as a personal attack on your "friends" bike? Really?
    You have a very wild imagination?

  17. #12867
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    5,599
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonrobot View Post
    There are two really nice things about that bike.

    1. It's not my bike.
    2. It's not your bike.

    So, there's that.
    Very true

    I'm not in love with this ride, but with the steerer tube trimmed down, I think it's a pretty fine build.

    I hope he donates the frameset to me. I love the color, and it should fit me at least as well as my Pedal Force.

  18. #12868
    Quirky Grifter LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, USA
    My Bikes
    My War
    Posts
    21,690
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    The owner isn't very happy about this build. He's used to riding classic Italian steel, and hates how stretched out this bike is.
    Pretty serious setback on that seatpost, back end of saddle's almost over the rear axle.

    If he's used to '80s brake levers then the hoods on brifters are gonna add approx 2cm to reach, all else equal. Stem looks pretty long. Could probably get some bars with less reach.
    1980ish Free Spirit Sunbird fixed * 1996 Mongoose IBOC Zero-G * 1997 KHS Comp * 1990-ish Scapin * Lemond Buenos Aires Triple

  19. #12869
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    5,599
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCel View Post
    Why are you getting so offended by strangers that don't care for your friend's bike?
    This is what I love about the internets/texting. I disagree with you, but you haven't offended me at all.

  20. #12870
    Senior Member theREEDeffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    The owner isn't very happy about this build. He's used to riding classic Italian steel, and hates how stretched out this bike is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    Btw, the owner is already thinking about dumping the frameset on fleabay. It's a bit too small, so now he's searching for a better fitting frame
    Wait. What? I'm confused.

  21. #12871
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,817
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Question...are we our posting real bikes here or what? I mean, if you want to photoshop and show us "what coulda been" then what's the point, really? Now, what's been done is pretty minor, granted, so I'm just adding my whine to the cheese.

  22. #12872
    Quirky Grifter LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, USA
    My Bikes
    My War
    Posts
    21,690
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theREEDeffect View Post
    Wait. What? I'm confused.
    Headtube too short, top tube too long. Depends on which "too small" you mean
    1980ish Free Spirit Sunbird fixed * 1996 Mongoose IBOC Zero-G * 1997 KHS Comp * 1990-ish Scapin * Lemond Buenos Aires Triple

  23. #12873
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    5,599
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by primov8 View Post
    I don't see too many Kuotas but yours is definitely a nice looking build. HOT.
    Are you joking?

    Black plastic bike= hot?

    Nothing wrong with the bike, but it looks like every other plastic bike.

    Honestly, the levers are a tad low & the bars are rotated up to compensate.

  24. #12874
    Quirky Grifter LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, USA
    My Bikes
    My War
    Posts
    21,690
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    Honestly, the levers are a tad low & the bars are rotated up to compensate.
    Now you're seeing things. And I think that frame is aluminium.
    1980ish Free Spirit Sunbird fixed * 1996 Mongoose IBOC Zero-G * 1997 KHS Comp * 1990-ish Scapin * Lemond Buenos Aires Triple

  25. #12875
    Senior Member halfspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    My Bikes
    are better than yours.
    Posts
    11,660
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    I gotta disagree with you there.

    No it's not a piece of aero plastic from the Orient, but it's a very nice looking ride.

    Btw, the owner is already thinking about dumping the frameset on fleabay. It's a bit too small, so now he's searching for a better fitting frame. He wants a classic steel frame ether 130mm spacing.

    Is the Tomassini Techno classic Italian geometry?
    Has your friend considered Torelli?
    Telemachus has, indeed, sneezed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •