Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Hot r Not (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/452315-hot-r-not.html)

UnfilteredDregs 07-11-13 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemanppl (Post 15837976)

Nice, but, be careful, Van Halen might sue you... :D

sheepdog84 07-11-13 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemanppl (Post 15837976)
http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram...0a9d0df1_7.jpg

Sorry for not being 53x11, but switched from Zipps to my old wheels and got some gumwalls. Classy as hell if I may say so. Don't mind the tape, I'm mocking up a paintjob I'm gonna be doing later this summer. It shall be winner.

i actually dig the gum walls a lot. I'd get them, but I think I need something with a bit more durability (I can't wait to build my caad10! :).

Those with a paint scheme like you mentioned would easily get a "hot" in my book. Can't wait to see it.

just noticed the red brake calipers too. That's a nice touch.

jbchybridrider 07-11-13 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemanppl (Post 15837976)
http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram...0a9d0df1_7.jpg

Sorry for not being 53x11, but switched from Zipps to my old wheels and got some gumwalls. Classy as hell if I may say so. Don't mind the tape, I'm mocking up a paintjob I'm gonna be doing later this summer. It shall be winner.

Despite the stem not setup to my liking the rest of the bike is so freaking hot I have no choice but to say this bike is Freaking Hot!

I <3 Robots 07-12-13 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemanppl (Post 15837976)
http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram...0a9d0df1_7.jpg

Sorry for not being 53x11, but switched from Zipps to my old wheels and got some gumwalls. Classy as hell if I may say so. Don't mind the tape, I'm mocking up a paintjob I'm gonna be doing later this summer. It shall be winner.

Just to quote the picture one more time...:crash:



I don't see whats wrong with the stem?

Looks-wise...the -17 goes perfect with the just about straight top tube. A -6 would point up.

The gum walls look pretty good. Very "Euro" looking ride.

bianchi10 07-12-13 06:45 AM

Because -17 stems go beyond level. It points below the line of the top tub. Could always do a -10 which is damn near straight. Not many brands do it though. In fact, Thomson is the only one I know of.

kcollier5 07-12-13 09:05 AM

Actually, Bianchi, not entirely accurate on that one. It APPEARS "beyond level" as you say, because the top tube is slanted upward, which means it's not in line with the top tube. But it's actually level. If his garage door is level, I enlarged the photo and it's exactly level. So on that particular bike, -17 makes the stem level.

HOWEVER, I'm being OCD (which is the point of this thread, right?) because I also don't like that much of a stem angle either. -6 or -10, as you say, would look better. Oh, wait, THAT'S the point of this thread... :thumb:

IthaDan 07-12-13 12:12 PM

73* headtube means a 0 (a.k.a. 90*) degree stem is 17* above level (-73 + 90 = 17). On a bike with a 73* head tubed bike with a -17* stem, it'll be dead level. Of course, this is over simplified- tire pressure, relative front and back tire size, fork length and rake factor in to this as well.

Jeepnut22 07-12-13 02:17 PM

Whatever...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemanppl (Post 15837976)



It's just HOT!

I <3 Robots 07-12-13 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bianchi10 (Post 15842497)
Because -17 stems go beyond level. It points below the line of the top tub. Could always do a -10 which is damn near straight. Not many brands do it though. In fact, Thomson is the only one I know of.

I've used a level with my -17...like others said...with a 73 deg HT...its level to the ground.

Pamestique 07-12-13 04:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So in a sea of black, white, red or black/white/red bikes...something totally different - maybe not hot but at least interesting... My Landshark...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=328816

details:

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=328817
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=328818

bianchi10 07-12-13 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I <3 Robots (Post 15844703)
I've used a level with my -17...like others said...with a 73 deg HT...its level to the ground.

Ok. I think Kcollier hit it on the head for me. most top tubes slope down a little which gives a visual effect of them being beyond level. Either way, I dont like them.

craigcraigcraig 07-12-13 05:38 PM

I think that landshark is amazing but not hot. With some changes it definitely could be.

robbyville 07-12-13 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamestique (Post 15844800)
So in a sea of black, white, red or black/white/red bikes...something totally different - maybe not hot but at least interesting... My Landshark...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=328816

details:

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=328817
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=328818

Well like you said, maybe not hot but incredibly cool, I'd take it any day

gc3 07-12-13 06:58 PM

Parlee update - you decide which you like better:

...ditched all the blue accents and the dark black felt bar tape...switched to gumwalls....flattened the transition to the hoods....

http://gc3.smugmug.com/Other/Bikes/i...18-copy-XL.jpg

or previous version...blue accents and regular black tires...overall weight is the same (6.38 kg)

http://gc3.smugmug.com/Other/Bikes/i...1030294-XL.jpg

I <3 Robots 07-12-13 07:06 PM

Starting to like the look of the tan sidewalls. Gives the bike a sort of a Euro classics look to it...like the red CAAD10.

FPSDavid 07-12-13 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc3 (Post 15845096)
Parlee update - you decide which you like better:

or previous version...blue accents and regular black tires...overall weight is the same (6.38 kg)

http://gc3.smugmug.com/Other/Bikes/i...1030294-XL.jpg

1000000000000x better, but I absolutely hate gumwalls. Although, while I like the blue accents, I think it'd be even hotter pure stealth black.

WhyFi 07-12-13 08:00 PM

No accent color, w/gumwalls gets my vote.

YOJiMBO20 07-12-13 09:04 PM

What about blue accents with gumwalls? Am I going a bit too crazy with that?

coasting 07-12-13 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamestique (Post 15844800)
So in a sea of black, white, red or black/white/red bikes...something totally different - maybe not hot but at least interesting... My Landshark...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=328816

details:

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=328817
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=328818

I say hot! I love seeing something pretty and colourful in this sea of blandness that bike design seems to have gotten into recently. It's so silly how they over react to the complaints about loud logos and swing to the other extreme.

bianchi10 07-12-13 09:11 PM

Gc3... Much gooder IMO without the blue!!!

martinus 07-12-13 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnfilteredDregs (Post 15841491)
Nice, but, be careful, Van Halen might sue you... :D

lol
http://media.classicrockmagazine.com...evh-guitar.jpg

coppercook62 07-13-13 12:06 AM

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7...b060db_c_d.jpg

My Custom St Andrews cross catlike. Big F1 fan i loved David Coultard's helmet so I copied it. So hot or not?

YOJiMBO20 07-13-13 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coppercook62 (Post 15845796)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7...b060db_c_d.jpg

My Custom St Andrews cross catlike. Big F1 fan i loved David Coultard's helmet so I copied it. So hot or not?

Hot.

aidanpringle 07-13-13 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc3 (Post 15845096)
Parlee update - you decide which you like better:

...ditched all the blue accents and the dark black felt bar tape...switched to gumwalls....flattened the transition to the hoods....

Hot. Second one with gumwalls but get blue chainring bolts.

WHOOOSSHHH... 07-13-13 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coppercook62 (Post 15845796)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7...b060db_c_d.jpg

my custom st andrews cross catlike. Big f1 fan i loved david coultard's helmet so i copied it. So hot or not?

hot !!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 AM.