Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 600 of 824 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601602610650700 ... LastLast
Results 14,976 to 15,000 of 20582

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #14976
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gc3 View Post
    I can't believe they left all that room on the top tube without a bigger logo! But still very sweet. Would be even hotter with less obtrusive wheel decals....
    Will it be better with debadged wheels?? It will be sweeter??

  2. #14977
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,717
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILZA View Post
    Just nice???!!
    Would have been hot if you went with the De rosa!

    that saddle needs to be leveled out and drop some spacers/cut steerer. The look is really nice and You got good wheels on there too. It has some real potential for it to be HOT and is close, but not yet HOT for me.

  3. #14978
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,717
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILZA View Post
    The saddle looked level without the stand to me.... Seriously considering to debate the wheels... Or get a secondary aluminum clincher
    The wheels are really nice. I'd keep the wheels, but possibly take the stickers off if they can be taken off.

  4. #14979
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILZA View Post
    Will it be better with debadged wheels?? It will be sweeter??
    Take the stickers off the wheels and replace the bar tape with plain black and it will look much better. Is just too busy now.

    i know it is a nice unit for the money but aesthetically, the 105 crankset isn't doing it any favors. It just isn't a pretty piece of aluminum.

  5. #14980
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,803
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILZA View Post
    Will it be better with debadged wheels?? It will be sweeter??
    do what you like...I wouldn't own one if you paid me to take it...
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

  6. #14981
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I <3 Robots View Post
    Pull the decals off the wheels and you'll be golden.

    They look much better without the stickers.
    No doubt. Here they are with the stickers during my test ride. Wanted to make sure the wheels were okay before i pulled off the stickers and be stuck with them had i already debadged.

    All's good....ready to rip em off now!


  7. #14982
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gc3 View Post
    do what you like...I wouldn't own one if you paid me to take it...
    Ermmm... Got your point sir

  8. #14983
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdgenbird View Post
    Take the stickers off the wheels and replace the bar tape with plain black and it will look much better. Is just too busy now.

    i know it is a nice unit for the money but aesthetically, the 105 crankset isn't doing it any favors. It just isn't a pretty piece of aluminum.
    Agree with the crank... Though the color match. Wat crank do u suggest??

  9. #14984
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,717
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILZA View Post
    Agree with the crank... Though the color match. Wat crank do u suggest??
    Rotor

    What do you think of the new bars? those are quite different from the bars you had last.

  10. #14985
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    The wheels are really nice. I'd keep the wheels, but possibly take the stickers off if they can be taken off.
    The decals can be taken out but it's a long tedious process... I have leveled the saddle... Isit fine now??

    20130717_094839.jpg

  11. #14986
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    Rotor

    What do you think of the new bars? those are quite different from the bars you had last.
    It's much better than my old bars. Prolly will change similar bar and stem on the wilier.... How does the rotor cranks look like?? I'm like poisoned day by day

  12. #14987
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,717
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the bike looks fine. saddle still doesn't look level but that might be the angle of the photo. I know this is hard to comprehend coming from me, but dont worry about it being a HOT. Ride it how it should be set up for you.

  13. #14988
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,717
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILZA View Post
    It's much better than my old bars. Prolly will change similar bar and stem on the wilier.... How does the rotor cranks look like?? I'm like poisoned day by day
    like this

  14. #14989
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    the bike looks fine. saddle still doesn't look level but that might be the angle of the photo. I know this is hard to comprehend coming from me, but dont worry about it being a HOT. Ride it how it should be set up for you.
    Yes sir... Agreed... Took it for a very short spin... Everything seems ok.... Will leave it as it is now.... Hehehe

  15. #14990
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,717
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Atta boy. Everything seems just ok!? You just got a sweet new bike and just took it for a spin, it should feel AWESOME!

  16. #14991
    Senior Member abhirama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    India.
    My Bikes
    Ridley Fenix
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILZA View Post
    The decals can be taken out but it's a long tedious process... I have leveled the saddle... Isit fine now??

    20130717_094839.jpg
    Definitely deserves a better quality picture.

  17. #14992
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILZA View Post
    Agree with the crank... Though the color match. Wat crank do u suggest??
    Quote Originally Posted by ILZA View Post
    The decals can be taken out but it's a long tedious process... I have leveled the saddle... Isit fine now??

    20130717_094839.jpg
    I would leave the crankset alone. It's not worth the cost at this point. Ride it and enjoy. This winter (if you have one where you are at) remove the wheel decals and go all black bar tape. It will clean things up and make the frame stand out.

  18. #14993
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abhirama View Post
    Definitely deserves a better quality picture.
    Agree sir.....taken with a mobile phone

  19. #14994
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    Atta boy. Everything seems just ok!? You just got a sweet new bike and just took it for a spin, it should feel AWESOME!
    Had a hard time getting used to 105 shifters...and the new look pedals...and there was a rattling sound coming from the front wheel..hence the just OK...

  20. #14995
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdgenbird View Post
    I would leave the crankset alone. It's not worth the cost at this point. Ride it and enjoy. This winter (if you have one where you are at) remove the wheel decals and go all black bar tape. It will clean things up and make the frame stand out.
    I wish I had winter here
    Thanks for ur suggestion....will definitely look at getting black tape...

  21. #14996
    Senior Member ethan.g75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    My Bikes
    Felt FC 7970, Trek5200 comuterized
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, she is finally presentable (i think). no more planned changes, except using my ultegra 6700 wheels instead of these power tap wheels. cant decide which i like better with the bike.


    Felt FC

  22. #14997
    Senior Member YOJiMBO20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
    Posts
    1,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad for a Trek.

    Put it in the right gear combo and put a lower rise stem on (if you can reach) and we'll see where things go.
    2010 Litespeed Icon, Rival
    1987 Nishiki Olympic 12, commuterized

  23. #14998
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,717
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lower rise? I believe that's a flipped and slammed 6 deg.

  24. #14999
    Senior Member YOJiMBO20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
    Posts
    1,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize that, but it still looks happy to see me.
    2010 Litespeed Icon, Rival
    1987 Nishiki Olympic 12, commuterized

  25. #15000
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,803
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The custom paint job saves the Trek in my opinion. While the Ultegra is highly functional, a black crankset would look soooo much better in this case.
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •