Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Hot r Not (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/452315-hot-r-not.html)

misterha 07-31-13 04:19 PM

Here's my Moots Vamoots Cr
http://31.media.tumblr.com/9e6b4912d...91so1_1280.jpg

milkbaby 07-31-13 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash716 (Post 15906191)

Ultra HOTTT... Pretty awesome build. How is the ride???

milkbaby 07-31-13 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterha (Post 15910192)

HOTTT... camera angle makes the saddle look like it's really pointed downwards at the nose a lot tho.

That's a painted carbon fork? Or a Ti fork?

misterha 07-31-13 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkbaby (Post 15910288)
HOTTT... camera angle makes the saddle look like it's really pointed downwards at the nose a lot tho.

That's a painted carbon fork? Or a Ti fork?

Painted carbon fork made my Moots. Yeah the saddle is actually leveled, gotta take it outside for a proper shoot, the lighting was too dark as well.

martinus 07-31-13 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc3 (Post 15908317)
I'm sure the BH is a great bike, and I like a bit of blue, but that color scheme is not to my taste. It is set up well, but the brake track wear on the front makes me wonder why one would even bother getting any black anodized rims...

Hipster wheelsets are sold with MSW on the front wheel only ...

SSRI 07-31-13 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterha (Post 15910192)

hot
any plans for the matching moots post and stem
that would bring it up a few more degrees

mrhills 07-31-13 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chalkshot (Post 15907277)
well he didnt like ride for a living he was a mortgage banker ceo....he said he was fast... he was super skinny and tall but i never actually saw him be fast haha. He could have easily bought it but rich people get given **** all the time.

Like OMG only a mortgage banker CEO? Not a private equity investment mortgage banker CEO? Get OUT!

Please stop.

Chalkshot 07-31-13 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhills (Post 15911122)
Like OMG only a mortgage banker CEO? Not a private equity investment mortgage banker CEO? Get OUT!

Please stop.

Wth? This was from yesterday I did "stop". Why does something I said yesterday bother you so much to mention it today? I was just wondering about his bike ...if he was telling the truth about it because I don't know because I'm new to the whole cycling thing so I asked people on a cycling often online wow. I'm sorry if I offended/annoyed you with tmi but I just meant he could have afforded to buy it and not for it to be given to him...

EmilRosenberg 08-01-13 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_mack9 (Post 15910018)
post fit pic. i know I didn't center my valve stems and turn the crankarms to line up with the chain stays but whatever.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps6e9276cc.jpg

I like this a lot! :D

cycledogg 08-01-13 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chalkshot (Post 15911568)
Wth? This was from yesterday I did "stop". Why does something I said yesterday bother you so much to mention it today? I was just wondering about his bike ...if he was telling the truth about it because I don't know because I'm new to the whole cycling thing so I asked people on a cycling often online wow. I'm sorry if I offended/annoyed you with tmi but I just meant he could have afforded to buy it and not for it to be given to him...

Chalkshot,
Try not to fret over what was said. The Hot or Not thread will bust your balls, (boobs in your case) over the smallest thing. It's the nature of arrogant bikers the likes of mrhills. You did nothing wrong, except hook up with this ex of yours.;) Just ride and enjoy!

Herbie53 08-01-13 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_mack9 (Post 15910018)
post fit pic. i know I didn't center my valve stems and turn the crankarms to line up with the chain stays but whatever.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps6e9276cc.jpg

Hot, I like how the stem is parallel to the front part of the bent top tube. Works well.

rkwaki 08-01-13 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cycledogg (Post 15912247)
Chalkshot,
Try not to fret over what was said. The Hot or Not thread will bust your balls, (boobs in your case) over the smallest thing. It's the nature of arrogant bikers the likes of mrhills. You did nothing wrong, except hook up with this ex of yours.;) Just ride and enjoy!

Hahahaha you said boobs...
Truly fast guys don't ever tell you how fast they are nor, in most cases, have an arrogant attitude. Some of the nicest guys I have met and are friends with on the bike have UCI CT beside their team name...

Crash716 08-01-13 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwaki (Post 15910100)
:)
It's ok, you're new here :P

what's that whipper snapper? You've been here like 3 years less than me! Besides, I am under stress as we are selling our house to sense-o-humor-o-meter is buried at zero right now ;)

Crash716 08-01-13 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinus (Post 15910909)
Hipster wheelsets are sold with MSW on the front wheel only ...

:thumb:

They are pretty solid though if you can get past the looks…which i know is extremely difficult here in the 41

Crash716 08-01-13 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkbaby (Post 15910268)
Ultra HOTTT... Pretty awesome build. How is the ride???

It rides nice, honestly it's the best bike I've owned. I've had the G5, a Caad10, Caad9, an SL3, and other carbon bikes and although it's not the most Aero "Aero" bike out there it's one of the best crit bikes I've ever ridden. It's not as smooth as the BH Ultralight but in my opinion having ridden them both side by side it's every bit as stiff and handles better in my opinion and (probably placebo) it feels faster at and easier to maintain higher speeds with.

illdthedj 08-01-13 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterha (Post 15910192)

i like the parts/frame/wheels choices...
but things i would personally tweak to make "hot" for me...

level saddle and handelbar setup (saddle seems angled down, handlebar setup angled up a touch)
rear derailleur cable housing is crazy long.
i would also prefer black cable housing.

but all in all definitely a nice bike

illdthedj 08-01-13 11:21 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps6e9276cc.jpg

its definitely nice...

but some things i would tweak to make "hot" to me, would be....

i would move the hoods down on the bars a touch so that the hoods are level with the tops...
and the seatpost seems crazy long. perhaps the saddle is angled down a touch much... (again, to me...)

but yes definitely very very nice

Raedyn 08-01-13 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterha (Post 15910192)

The picture doesn't do it justice, but the bike is hot

NWS Alpine 08-01-13 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illdthedj (Post 15913429)
rear derailleur cable housing is crazy long.

While it doesn't always look good the housing length looks correct for Sram Red. They specifically mention a longer RD cable for proper function. I have noticed a much better feel with a similar length on my setup.

misterha 08-01-13 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWS Alpine (Post 15913945)
While it doesn't always look good the housing length looks correct for Sram Red. They specifically mention a longer RD cable for proper function. I have noticed a much better feel with a similar length on my setup.

Yup pretty much correct, I do plan on going nokon cable and housing eventually, and that will let me cut it a bit shorter.

I <3 Robots 08-01-13 03:25 PM

SRAM recommends 36cm for the RD housing length.

illdthedj 08-01-13 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWS Alpine (Post 15913945)
While it doesn't always look good the housing length looks correct for Sram Red. They specifically mention a longer RD cable for proper function. I have noticed a much better feel with a similar length on my setup.

really? i didn't know, havn't had the chance to try SRAM yet...
although....the black specialized above has SRAM and dosn't look nearly as long. maybe its a large difference in size between the bikes....

c_mack9 08-01-13 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illdthedj (Post 15913450)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps6e9276cc.jpg

its definitely nice...

but some things i would tweak to make "hot" to me, would be....

i would move the hoods down on the bars a touch so that the hoods are level with the tops...
and the seatpost seems crazy long. perhaps the saddle is angled down a touch much... (again, to me...)

but yes definitely very very nice

instead of swapping to a shorter stem we scooted the hoods back about a centimeter, maybe less. it doesn't feel so stretched out like this. the saddle angle i can tweak as i ride it more. i rode 28 miles last night and it felt fine but i'll probably tilt it back a little just to play with comfort. the seat post height is on the money.

LesterOfPuppets 08-01-13 05:50 PM

Zero offset seatpost might be in order, that saddle is getting to be well behind the BB.

K. Legaspi 08-01-13 08:49 PM

Should be getting a new wheelset in the next couple of weeks which I hope will make it warm but as of now...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3818/9...ebbc8c29_c.jpg

Let me down easy. :(


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 AM.