Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Hot r Not (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/452315-hot-r-not.html)

thirdgenbird 01-01-14 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder (Post 16374707)
Those rules would fly in the V&C. ;)
:lol:

But it works with modern bikes too:

Green c59 with tan veloflex tires = hot
propel dressed in super record and lightweight tubulars = hot
tig welded 853 frame with 7900 downtube group and nemesis rims = hot

disc brakes? Functional, but not attractive
Hydraulic rim? The sram levers are huge, the shimanos shaped funny, and the edco (while cool) are also ugly
splash bar tape? Do I need to explain?


bgoodwin's all city?
First it has no disqualifications.

It scores one point for frame color, a second for tires, but it misses because it isn't lugged.

it doesn't have any of the three special provisions.

not hot (it is very nice though) I want to give him bonus points for brake choice, but a resolution is a resolution.

oh, and welcome! Don't feel bad. One of my three bikes isn't hot by my own formula and I'm ok with that.

marqueemoon 01-01-14 11:53 PM

Not a fan of ergo bars, but otherwise I love it.

I'm running the center mount Racer Mediums on a similar setup. Really dig em.

WHOOOSSHHH... 01-02-14 01:19 AM

TREK is HOT...saddle is Ugly

plpete 01-02-14 06:55 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...172EED8BD7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...10E55387E0.jpg

16.4lbs of a solid bike.

WhyFi 01-02-14 07:14 AM

^^^ Someone didn't lace those wheels up so that the label reads properly from the drive side - tisk, tisk, tisk.

plpete 01-02-14 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 16375080)
^^^ Someone didn't lace those wheels up so that the label reads properly from the drive side - tisk, tisk, tisk.

haha guilty as charged! It was the first wheelset I ever built. At least they are BOTH on the wrong side ;)

WhyFi 01-02-14 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plpete (Post 16375203)
haha guilty as charged! It was the first wheelset I ever built. At least they are BOTH on the wrong side ;)

If those are some o' Bob's Novatec hubs, I've got an identical wheelset -

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8114/8...1d194cdf_c.jpg

the sci guy 01-02-14 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgoodwin (Post 16374733)

wish i could have afforded an all-city. they are so nice.
hot.

plpete 01-02-14 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 16375333)
If those are some o' Bob's Novatec hubs, I've got an identical wheelset -

They are! I have the SL versions and have been very happy with them. Laced mine with Sapim Lasers. Bare set was 1500 grams on the dot.

Herbie53 01-02-14 10:06 AM

wrong side or not, I think the c-dale is hot.

ancker 01-02-14 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... (Post 16374842)
TREK is HOT...saddle is Ugly

Agreed. That Domane is nice.
A guy has one locally (with different saddle and SRM) and it looks great in person.

link0 01-02-14 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plpete (Post 16375055)

Best built CAAD8 I've ever seen.

bigfred 01-02-14 04:02 PM

Again, with the Caad 8, we get another bike that I think is exceptionally well "sorted" and "purposeful" but Not Hot in my view.

Raedyn 01-02-14 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plpete (Post 16375055)

Hot

Leinster 01-02-14 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird (Post 16374547)
My New Year's resolution is to only consider bikes hot if they meet all of these critea:
lugs (any material)
tan sideall tires
at least one color

And to think I was just about to post my transparent aluminum frame on here.

thirdgenbird 01-02-14 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leinster (Post 16376991)
And to think I was just about to post my transparent aluminum frame on here.


It was a jab at the all too boring all black build. The argument was based on the theory that black is not a color as it is the absence of all light reflection, or color in the scientific world. No, I'm not getting into a pigmentation debate.

a better joke would have been posting and honest to goodness transparent bike:
http://www.designboom.com/wp-content...rBikethumb.jpg

Not hot by the way.

hack 01-05-14 05:56 PM

here you go...it gets raced:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...ps60910de9.jpg

Ghost Ryder 01-05-14 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hack (Post 16385389)

I like it... But there's way too many decals/logos.
Rolling billboard, are you sponsored?

I'm partial to Giant, & that's a sexy bike.

hack 01-05-14 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder (Post 16385404)
I like it... But there's way too many decals/logos.
Rolling billboard, are you sponsored?

I'm partial to Giant, & that's a sexy bike.

Yeah, its a bit loud. I never noticed until I snapped a pic. Sadly, the only sponsor I've got is myself.

edit - most of the pics I've seen before have been when I was riding and the spinning wheels don't look nearly as loud.

Ghost Ryder 01-05-14 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hack (Post 16385413)
Yeah, its a bit loud. I never noticed until I snapped a pic. Sadly, the only sponsor I've got is myself.

edit - most of the pics I've seen before have been when I was riding and the spinning wheels don't look nearly as loud.

I would remove the Williams, & just leave the 3 W's.
My neighbor has the same bike, its the cause of my "bike sickness". Now I have more bikes, than I can handle.
;) :lol:

hack 01-05-14 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder (Post 16385429)
I would remove the Williams, & just leave the 3 W's.
My neighbor has the same bike, its the cause of my "bike sickness". Now I have more bikes, than I can handle.
;) :lol:

I'd love to, but they're under a clear coat and I haven't worked up the courage to try anything creative. If I did anything, I'd just leave one of the W's over the valve stem. They do sell a "ghost decal" kit which are basically more decals to put over these decals.

Ghost Ryder 01-05-14 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hack (Post 16385444)
I'd love to, but they're under a clear coat and I haven't worked up the courage to try anything creative. They do sell a "ghost decal" kit which are basically more decals to put over these decals.

I wouldn't mess with them either.
Just Photoshop them before posting in this thread. ;)
:lol:

the sci guy 01-05-14 06:37 PM

i think it's pretty hot, too. but i hate when i can't tell who makes a bike or it's components.

VA_Esquire 01-05-14 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hack (Post 16385444)
I'd love to, but they're under a clear coat and I haven't worked up the courage to try anything creative. If I did anything, I'd just leave one of the W's over the valve stem. They do sell a "ghost decal" kit which are basically more decals to put over these decals.

How do you like the Williams Wheels?

lsberrios1 01-05-14 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird (Post 16377189)

HOT. I'd take it if it was equipped with some nice DT shifters, preferably some 1990's campy!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:31 AM.