Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 706 of 809 FirstFirst ... 206606656696704705706707708716756806 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,650 of 20208

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #17626
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,389
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder View Post
    What next, are we going to seesome Trek luving?
    To be completely honest, I don't mind the 2014 team bikes. I might consider buying one if it came with a free Jens Voigt attached.

    Quote Originally Posted by itrsteve View Post
    When I decide I want to set $50 on fire I'm going to get the beyond black stickers... That FSA crank will go bye bye in trade for a stages ultegra crank.
    I dig it, but it'd look much better with that new crank!

    Quote Originally Posted by fried bake View Post
    white saddle, white tape
    White is pro! Do it! Just wash your hands a lot and never touch your chain. If you drop your chain just get off the bike and look around frantically and point at it until the sag vehicle arrives.
    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

  2. #17627
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NZ
    My Bikes
    More than 1, but, less than S-1
    Posts
    3,362
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    ... If you drop your chain just get off the bike and look around frantically and point at it until the sag vehicle arrives.
    Do you have any appreciation for the hilarity of your comment? How much time Luis would spend standing on the side of the road? Or, how many times this could result in the "call of shame"?
    Birth Certificate, Passport, Marriage License Driver's License and Residency Permit all say I'm a Fred. I guess there's no denying it.

  3. #17628
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NZ
    My Bikes
    More than 1, but, less than S-1
    Posts
    3,362
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
    Hot or not? Picked it up today. Few pieces missing, saddle is not the final one. Just need to see if I want to do toupe, romin or selle italia.

    The bike as it is weighs 15.88 pounds. Soon I will probably switch saddle to toupe pro and pedals to stainless steel instead of chome mo. This will save me an astounding 40g!!! For the price of only an extra testicle.

    I'd like to change my vote to: "Hot! Until the first chain drop."
    Birth Certificate, Passport, Marriage License Driver's License and Residency Permit all say I'm a Fred. I guess there's no denying it.

  4. #17629
    Senior Member lsberrios1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    My Bikes
    '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert
    Posts
    1,962
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfred View Post
    Do you have any appreciation for the hilarity of your comment? How much time Luis would spend standing on the side of the road? Or, how many times this could result in the "call of shame"?
    This is genuinely funny! lets just say I have not really used the bike yet. Tomorrow we will see!
    Cat 6 going on PRO....

  5. #17630
    Senior Member YOJiMBO20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
    Posts
    1,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does no one else just shift the chain back on if it drops off (other than between the cassette and spokes) without having to touch the chain?
    2010 Litespeed Icon, Rival
    1987 Nishiki Olympic 12, commuterized

  6. #17631
    Senior Member lsberrios1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    My Bikes
    '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert
    Posts
    1,962
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YOJiMBO20 View Post
    Does no one else just shift the chain back on if it drops off (other than between the cassette and spokes) without having to touch the chain?
    Yes, I have become quite good at it too. Although it has scratched the crap out of crank arm and bottom bracket shell...
    Cat 6 going on PRO....

  7. #17632
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YOJiMBO20 View Post
    Does no one else just shift the chain back on if it drops off (other than between the cassette and spokes) without having to touch the chain?
    Not if it gets sucked up and jammed between the front chainring and chainstay!

    that has been my first (and last) dropped chain and that freaking thing got JAMMED up in there, it really sucked to get it out.

  8. #17633
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,573
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
    .........

    Like the bike, hate the team paint scheme (even though I like white).
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

  9. #17634
    bill nyecycles the sci guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    1,138
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
    i love the paint/color scheme. dislike the labeling on the fork, seat & chain stays.
    i'll still give it a hot.
    Twitter@theSurlyBiker

  10. #17635
    Ghost Ryding 24/7 Ghost Ryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada/604
    My Bikes
    Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.
    Posts
    2,185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gc3 View Post
    Like the bike, hate the team paint scheme (even though I like white).
    I really liked this color scheme when Rabobank was still active, liked the color switch to Belkin colors, & love the Giant/Shimano even more.

    I think Giant generally picks great color for their teams.
    Giant Defy Dura Ace : Rip/Hammer-Specialized Allez Ultegra/105 : Recovery/Spinner-Specialized Allez Red : Trainer-Kona Major(Rad) Jake : Down & Dirty

  11. #17636
    Senior Member lsberrios1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    My Bikes
    '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert
    Posts
    1,962
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the HOTs! I just can't wait to ride it tomorrow. Can't sleep. Although the color scheme is loud, the bike is understated. Does that make any sense?
    Cat 6 going on PRO....

  12. #17637
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,528
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
    .......


    Great bike for sure! It doesn't jump at me. you put a white saddle and white bar tape and I think it will pop much more. I know, I know....white=dirty. Not always. You can use tape like Fizik mircotex. Its glossy and therefor you can simply wipe off any dirt at the end of a ride. Use a degreaser spray and towel and boom bam, clean as new.

    I cant get passed that stem either. Each time I look over the bike, my eye keeps going to that stem. Never cared much for the sprinter stems.

    I REALLY think white saddle/bar tape would help a lot.

  13. #17638
    Ghost Ryding 24/7 Ghost Ryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada/604
    My Bikes
    Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.
    Posts
    2,185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post

    I cant get passed that stem either. Each time I look over the bike, my eye keeps going to that stem. Never cared much for the sprinter stems.

    I REALLY think white saddle/bar tape would help a lot.
    Sounds like you caught same bug Froome has.
    Giant Defy Dura Ace : Rip/Hammer-Specialized Allez Ultegra/105 : Recovery/Spinner-Specialized Allez Red : Trainer-Kona Major(Rad) Jake : Down & Dirty

  14. #17639
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder View Post
    Sounds like you caught same bug Froome has.
    awesome catch! ha, ha

  15. #17640
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Escondido>>>>San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    smashed Supersix
    Posts
    6,795
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
    Hot or not? Picked it up today. Few pieces missing, saddle is not the final one. Just need to see if I want to do toupe, romin or selle italia.

    The bike as it is weighs 15.88 pounds. Soon I will probably switch saddle to toupe pro and pedals to stainless steel instead of chome mo. This will save me an astounding 40g!!! For the price of only an extra testicle.

    Nice stand out from the crowd bike! Other than the sagging rear brake cable it gets a hot from me

  16. #17641
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,528
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @lsberrios1-Just for kicks, I thought I would give a visual of what YOUR bike would look like with white Tape and saddle (And different stem)

    MUCH better in MY PERSONAL opinion.
    Last edited by bianchi10; 01-24-14 at 11:28 PM.

  17. #17642
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,528
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder View Post
    Sounds like you caught same bug Froome has.

    that was a good catch! lol

  18. #17643
    Senior Member link0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    '11 Merlin Extralight, '98 Dean Castanza, '89 Schwinn Prologue
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree on the stem being ugly. It's just too fat looking. Otherwise hot bike.

  19. #17644
    Senior Member chil2makefun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Berlare, Belgium
    My Bikes
    Provex (centaur carbon) 2009 - cube litening super hpc race 2013
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    Great bike for sure! It doesn't jump at me. you put a white saddle and white bar tape and I think it will pop much more. I know, I know....white=dirty. Not always. You can use tape like Fizik mircotex. Its glossy and therefor you can simply wipe off any dirt at the end of a ride. Use a degreaser spray and towel and boom bam, clean as new.

    I cant get passed that stem either. Each time I look over the bike, my eye keeps going to that stem. Never cared much for the sprinter stems.

    I REALLY think white saddle/bar tape would help a lot.
    And that's saying something. Correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to recall that on most bikes you'd swap white saddles, tape and stems to black. So just go for it bianchi10's permission is all you need. But in all seriousness, i think he's right.
    Last edited by chil2makefun; 01-25-14 at 07:55 AM.

  20. #17645
    Senior Member lsberrios1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    My Bikes
    '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert
    Posts
    1,962
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    Nice stand out from the crowd bike! Other than the sagging rear brake cable it gets a hot from me
    Quote Originally Posted by link0 View Post
    Agree on the stem being ugly. It's just too fat looking. Otherwise hot bike.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    @lsberrios1-Just for kicks, I thought I would give a visual of what YOUR bike would look like with white Tape and saddle (And different stem)

    MUCH better in MY PERSONAL opinion.
    I like it a lot. I have to say that white is definitely the color to go with when it comes to this frameset but I still can't get over the greyish saddle after riding on the rain or sweaty black bibs. While the white may look better in white, I am still in love with it a great deal. I can't wait for it to have the new saddle.


    Quote Originally Posted by chil2makefun View Post
    And that's saying something. Correct me if i'm wring but i seem to recall that on most bikes you'd swap white saddles, tape and stems to black. So just go for it bianchi10's permission is all you need. But in all seriousness, i think he's right.
    It will stay like this for now. The beauty of all of this is it can be changed without having to buy a new bike! Kind of like making your wife dye her hair so you think she's someone else!
    Cat 6 going on PRO....

  21. #17646
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kleinburg, ON
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hot on the giant.

    Any difference you've noticed coming from a spec? That stem is thick, as it's also on my bike. The 2013 stems have been redesigned to be a little thinner. Unfortunately you don't have much choices with stems, due to od2.
    Last edited by R1lee; 01-25-14 at 06:01 AM.

  22. #17647
    Senior Member lsberrios1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    My Bikes
    '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert
    Posts
    1,962
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R1lee View Post
    Hot on the giant.

    Any difference you've noticed coming from a spec? That stem is thick, as it's also on my bike. The 2013 stems have been redesigned to be a little thinner. Unfortunately you don't have much choices with stems, due to od2.
    Well I am extremely delighted with the bike. Although the difference in speed is pretty much negligible it is pretty much the feel of the bike and new gearing that is amazing! Went for a short ride this morning. It was 23F with wind chill advisory of 11. I am not joking at all, even with the 3 layers of clothing, having to slow down at the red light and cutting short on a segment because I did not know where it ended, I managed to get 4th place on the overal rankings of two local segments. I know, I know strava is for posers etc. but the bike is seriously fast.

    That being said, I could have probably managed almost the same on the roubaix. The biggest difference is the smoothness in shifting from the "old" 6700 to the 9000. It is worlds appart. Then there is responsiveness of frame which is slightly better and comfort which believe it or not I like better on the TCR.

    I am going again later to take those KOMs, one of them hopefully will not get me on a red light, and the other one I'll finish it through.

    And thanks for the HOT, yours is too
    Cat 6 going on PRO....

  23. #17648
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Basye, VA
    My Bikes
    Trek Domane 5 series, Dura Ace 9070, November Rail 52's
    Posts
    1,275
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
    While I agree that the rabobank scheme may be a bit much or not everybody's cup of tea, I'll give myself an A for uniqueness . I have to say at first I was not 100% in love. But it really grew up on me and there aren't that many around. Appreciate your feedback.



    I thought the same thing but then this came up to my head "dirty dirty dirty". The only time the bike would have looked good was the first day. Believe I did think about it many times.

    I have to say I am thankful for being able to have such an amazing array of bicycles!
    I'm with you, at first glance I don't find the paint and decal job that appealing but it is unique and it does grow on you. Mostly though I can appreciate what an incredible build and bike this will be for you. Fantastic wheels (powertap right?), and the nicest non-electronic group in the business

  24. #17649
    Senior Member lsberrios1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    My Bikes
    '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert
    Posts
    1,962
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyville View Post
    I'm with you, at first glance I don't find the paint and decal job that appealing but it is unique and it does grow on you. Mostly though I can appreciate what an incredible build and bike this will be for you. Fantastic wheels (powertap right?), and the nicest non-electronic group in the business
    Thanks Robby. Yes they are Powertap. And I will tell you this, If somebody had told me that this group was electric and I wouldn't have known any better, I would have believed it. IT IS INSANE! I dare say it shifts smoother and with less effort than Di2 6700 that I tried!
    Cat 6 going on PRO....

  25. #17650
    Senior Member cycledogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CADD4, CADD5, CADD7 (Optimo), '07 SystemSix, '08 Trek TTX 9.0
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    @lsberrios1-Just for kicks, I thought I would give a visual of what YOUR bike would look like with white Tape and saddle (And different stem)

    MUCH better in MY PERSONAL opinion.
    This does look better. Don't like the off set rim depths though.
    Cheers
    Earn the Burn.... Reap the Gain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •