Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 712 of 824 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722762812 ... LastLast
Results 17,776 to 17,800 of 20582

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #17776
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hercules CA
    My Bikes
    12' Supersix 105 / some fixed gear
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder View Post
    Has potential.
    Loose the wacky instagram filter, & stage it better.
    that was just a really crappy shot from my crappy iPhone lol, I actually just adjusted the brightness so the bike can be seen better, but I guess I will take a better pic perhaps with my newly purchased GoPro 3+ for better quality, and after I cut those darn tubes SMH

  2. #17777
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SS is nice, I like the colorway...but it looks like a stock bike with an uncut steerer, low saddle, and everything (except for the computer?) is black. Nice bike, not hot.

  3. #17778
    blah blah blah milkbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,720
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq View Post
    Does my CAAD10 w/105 and Ultegra belong here or in the poverty section?
    http://imgur.com/a/ukIY0#0
    It's not a $10,000 rig, but it gets me by.

    I adjusted the saddle and made the RD housing longer, looks better now but rainy outside. The only thing left to want is a power meter, gray Ultegra brakes and a DA RD are on the way.
    Classy hot... Very nice!

  4. #17779
    blah blah blah milkbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,720
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay68442 View Post
    HOT. 'nuff said

  5. #17780
        Pinkbullet3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    942
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kreeess View Post
    freshly slammed SS
    *halfway to slammed

    You'll have to get a headset dustcover to remove that cone spacer and get that last bit slammed
    Quote Originally Posted by Upilu View Post
    are you idiot???

  6. #17781
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rep. of Dallas
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
    Classy hot... Very nice!
    Thanks, it scored matching 6700 brakes just now.

  7. #17782
    Senior Member pretzelogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Super6 Evo Di2, Titus Motolite
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kreeess View Post
    i need a better phone/pic/lighting haha but heres my freshly slammed SS
    PS. dont mind the Christmas tree air freshner in the background lol
    So Handsome!

  8. #17783
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hercules CA
    My Bikes
    12' Supersix 105 / some fixed gear
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbullet3 View Post
    *halfway to slammed

    You'll have to get a headset dustcover to remove that cone spacer and get that last bit slammed

    You are absolutely correct! Do u know where a good headset dust cover can be had?

  9. #17784
    Senior Member BigJeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kreeess View Post
    You are absolutely correct! Do u know where a good headset dust cover can be had?
    slam that stem?

  10. #17785
    Token Brit SpinDr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Big Smoke
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starley JKS R1...






    Frame: Starley JKS R1 carbon
    Forks: Starley JKS R1 carbon
    Bars: Starley Works carbon
    Stem: Use Race aluminium
    Headset: Starley JSR
    Bar Tape: Fizik Microtech
    Shifters: DA7900
    Front Caliper: DA7900
    Rear Brake Lever: DA7900
    Rear Caliper: DA7900
    Cables: DA
    Front Mech: DA7900
    Rear Mech: DA7900
    Seat: Fizik Arione with Team Garmin colourway
    Seat Post: Starley Works carbon
    Seat Post Clamp: Starley
    Cranks: DA7900
    Chainring(s): DA7900 53/39
    Chain: SRAM Force
    Cassette: SRAM Force 11-25
    Pedals: Look KEO 2 Max
    Bottom Bracket: DA7900 with Wheels Manufacturing adapter (BB30 frame)
    Wheels: Fulcrum Racing Quattro
    Tyres: Continental GP4000S


    I haven't weighed it, but probably around 7kg.
    islington.cc

  11. #17786
    Senior Member clichty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    My Bikes
    Felt F55, Bianchi steel, Klein
    Posts
    500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDr View Post
    Starley JKS R1...






    Frame: Starley JKS R1 carbon
    Forks: Starley JKS R1 carbon
    Bars: Starley Works carbon
    Stem: Use Race aluminium
    Headset: Starley JSR
    Bar Tape: Fizik Microtech
    Shifters: DA7900
    Front Caliper: DA7900
    Rear Brake Lever: DA7900
    Rear Caliper: DA7900
    Cables: DA
    Front Mech: DA7900
    Rear Mech: DA7900
    Seat: Fizik Arione with Team Garmin colourway
    Seat Post: Starley Works carbon
    Seat Post Clamp: Starley
    Cranks: DA7900
    Chainring(s): DA7900 53/39
    Chain: SRAM Force
    Cassette: SRAM Force 11-25
    Pedals: Look KEO 2 Max
    Bottom Bracket: DA7900 with Wheels Manufacturing adapter (BB30 frame)
    Wheels: Fulcrum Racing Quattro
    Tyres: Continental GP4000S


    I haven't weighed it, but probably around 7kg.
    Ridiculously HOT. Love that color scheme.

  12. #17787
    Mostly Harmless rjones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chittenango, NY
    My Bikes
    Have two wheels
    Posts
    23,811
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Starley is hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by truckstop View Post
    getting banned from trollheim. does that mean you win?

  13. #17788
    Token Brit SpinDr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Big Smoke
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind comments, chaps. The paint job - in fact the whole combination of parts - is custom.
    islington.cc

  14. #17789
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    My Bikes
    Felt F2
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kreeess View Post
    that was just a really crappy shot from my crappy iPhone lol, I actually just adjusted the brightness so the bike can be seen better, but I guess I will take a better pic perhaps with my newly purchased GoPro 3+ for better quality, and after I cut those darn tubes SMH
    Easy now, your iPhone camera is plenty good enough. I agree this is not a good photo but it has WAY more to do with light and setup. Don't blame your bad cooking on the pots… Take it outside into the light (in front of your white garage door <the photographer in me cringes to say that! - what a horrible backdrop> or in front of something simple, I suppose. I'd rather it be a concrete wall or something else. Anyway, get more light!! And let's see it. Bike looks good!

  15. #17790
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    CAAD3, CAAD10, GT Avalanche
    Posts
    9,742
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kcollier5 View Post
    Don't blame your bad cooking on the pots…
    That's a good quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  16. #17791
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hercules CA
    My Bikes
    12' Supersix 105 / some fixed gear
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kcollier5 View Post
    Easy now, your iPhone camera is plenty good enough. I agree this is not a good photo but it has WAY more to do with light and setup. Don't blame your bad cooking on the pots… Take it outside into the light (in front of your white garage door <the photographer in me cringes to say that! - what a horrible backdrop> or in front of something simple, I suppose. I'd rather it be a concrete wall or something else. Anyway, get more light!! And let's see it. Bike looks good!

    ok ok you got me there now looking at it.... that pic should never have been submitted Definitely will take better pic with good lighting, and a MUCH better back drop. I'll get the tube cut off clean the bike a bit since its been raining and its quite muddy then re-submit lol...

  17. #17792
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,802
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Starley - paint job looks nice, and the bike looks set up well and probably rides great. Overall, aesthetically it doesn't exactly thrill me, though.
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

  18. #17793
    blah blah blah milkbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,720
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDr View Post
    Starley JKS R1...

    HOTTT... well done!

  19. #17794
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    9,857
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: Starley - I like the set-up and all of the bits that are hanging off of the frame.... but the frame doesn't do it for me, for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  20. #17795
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the WOD
    My Bikes
    2003 Litespeed Arenberg; 2010 Kuota Kult; Giant Expressway 2
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDr View Post
    Starley JKS R1...
    Hot

  21. #17796
    In the wind mercator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR Advanced Team, Lemond Buenos Aires, Giant TCX, Miyata 1000LT
    Posts
    623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The starley is hot in a grey flannel suit kinda way.

  22. #17797
    Senior Member cycledogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CADD4, CADD5, CADD7 (Optimo), '07 SystemSix, '08 Trek TTX 9.0
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDr View Post
    Starley JKS R1...






    Frame: Starley JKS R1 carbon
    Forks: Starley JKS R1 carbon
    Bars: Starley Works carbon
    Stem: Use Race aluminium
    Headset: Starley JSR
    Bar Tape: Fizik Microtech
    Shifters: DA7900
    Front Caliper: DA7900
    Rear Brake Lever: DA7900
    Rear Caliper: DA7900
    Cables: DA
    Front Mech: DA7900
    Rear Mech: DA7900
    Seat: Fizik Arione with Team Garmin colourway
    Seat Post: Starley Works carbon
    Seat Post Clamp: Starley
    Cranks: DA7900
    Chainring(s): DA7900 53/39
    Chain: SRAM Force
    Cassette: SRAM Force 11-25
    Pedals: Look KEO 2 Max
    Bottom Bracket: DA7900 with Wheels Manufacturing adapter (BB30 frame)
    Wheels: Fulcrum Racing Quattro
    Tyres: Continental GP4000S


    I haven't weighed it, but probably around 7kg.
    HOT, Nice build, congrats!!
    Earn the Burn.... Reap the Gain

  23. #17798
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build on a budget...a 1200 build. 7800, 303's.... 16 lb, 8 ounces with the zipps. A real race bike.

    Last edited by Clanier; 02-08-14 at 04:07 PM.

  24. #17799
    Senior Member link0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    '11 Merlin Extralight, '98 Dean Castanza, '89 Schwinn Prologue
    Posts
    443
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanier View Post
    Build on a budget...a 1200 build. 7800, 303's.... 16 lb, 8 ounces with the zipps. A real race bike.

    I like it. But, IMO compact handlebars would look better than the ergo bars.

  25. #17800
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, need to find a good set.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •