Giant Defy Dura Ace : Rip/Hammer-Specialized Allez Ultegra/105 : Recovery/Spinner-Specialized Allez Red : Trainer-Kona Major(Rad) Jake : Down & Dirty
Cat 6 going on PRO....
NYET is just honoring the Olympics being in Russia...in other words, you get a NOT on the Guru from me...
"I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."
"I understand. I just don't care"
"I don't give a f*ck" if they remember me at all" (F. Zappa)
1984 Peugeot PSV-10SL
Campy Chorus shifters, Campy Athena FD & RD
Shimano Ultegra drivetrain (Had to due to Swiss-threaded BB)
Rides like a dream and I love it. Weighs in at 19.0 lbs including pedals and cages.
Note: I'm probably going to go with all-black bartape next time.
I posted this same bike a few pages back with a crappy night-time picture and build in-progress. I hope this picture vindicates it.
^ I love it. True, not crazy about the bar tape color, but if you change, seems like it'd be a shame to go with black. Maybe the orange in the frame color? Or maybe some yellow in the tape somehow. Love your black crankset and the silver seat post and stem. I'm not a typically a fan of older bikes but that one is HOT to me.
That is very frikkin cool!!
*edit* -- how much drop you got there? Though, I suppose w/ the ISP, you can always go lower (seatpost) later.
"...in Las Vegas where -the electric bills are staggering -the decor hog wild -and the entertainment saccharine -what a golden age -what a time of right and reason -the consumer's king -and unhappiness is treason..."
Speedvagen... Yes, please.
Speedvagen... Yes, please.
some final notes
1) the background is the concrete block house of a roadway that makes a flyover by where i live. makes for a nice background
2) shot with my trusty old Nikon D40X with a Nikon 50mm AF-s 1.8. I can't say enough about this lens. Its cheap ($200), fast, light and robust. often times i don't need a tripod in low light because of to 1.8. I've gotten rid of all my other Nikon lenses and i just use this now. if you shoot nikon you need this lens
3) the bike is awesome to ride. The one thing i was nervous about is the saddle - its a 90 gram un-padded taiwan carbon saddle. Its actually not uncomfortable at all. but because there is no cover i felt like i was sliding all around it. the saddle is now 2cm higher than in the picture to match saddle height on other bikes
4) the carbon bottle cages inspire no confidence at all. I'm gonna switch back to more secure cages for all the races with crap roads.
5) the handle bar position is lower than other my other bike. has felt really good so far. so i'm probably gonna keep it that way.
Last edited by save10; 02-18-14 at 11:44 AM.
I normally absolutely hate the look of Specialized bikes, and without the colors on yours I'd probably hate it too... but you've got it setup beautifully and the colors take it to another level. I have some plans on doing some 90's-esque custom paint on a bike in the future. Neon colors and polished metal for sure.