Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 734 of 824 FirstFirst ... 234634684724732733734735736744784 ... LastLast
Results 18,326 to 18,350 of 20579

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #18326
    Member dcktr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Nevada
    My Bikes
    Strong Ti, Alchemy Helios
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alchemy Helios
    top view small.jpg
    Alchemy Helios, Sram Red, Enve, Ergot Wheels (tubeless), Dash Saddle
    It is not procrastination if you put it off right away

  2. #18327
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,479
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spectastic View Post
    I feel like I need 3D glasses to look at it
    Hehe, I'm tempted to find an old pair and see what happens. I guess I could wear them while riding the bike and be a super hipster or something. Last summer I fell in love with the Strato of the same design, but my size had sold out by the time I had the money together for the frame. When I saw this come out this year, I knew it was time to build up a nice fixed gear. It'd be a lot cooler if we had a track in Phoenix or somewhere nearby, but I'm sure it'll get enough use as my screw-around/ride-to-breakfast/bar bike. I might try commuting with it on occasion too.

    The strato:


    Quote Originally Posted by sbxx1985 View Post
    Why not the Arion?
    I read this and was confused, so I googled Arion...

    Quote Originally Posted by dcktr View Post
    Alchemy Helios
    top view small.jpg
    Alchemy Helios, Sram Red, Enve, Ergot Wheels (tubeless), Dash Saddle
    ...and came up with Alchemy bikes. Kind of crazy. I still don't know if you were talking to me or just seeing into the future for the next bike that was being posted in the thread.
    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

  3. #18328
    Senior Member sbxx1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,748
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know dcktr, but I knew a Helios was coming.

  4. #18329
    Senior Member WHOOOSSHHH...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    6,174
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
    Yeah, that's about as silly as it gets.
    Correct...many Treks are hot. I always think a NOT vote should be accompanied by a photo of the judges bike...have a feeling the NOT would sting a bit less...

  5. #18330
    Member dcktr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Nevada
    My Bikes
    Strong Ti, Alchemy Helios
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbxx1985 View Post
    I don't know dcktr, but I knew a Helios was coming.
    I posted, deleted, re-posted, but you commented in the meantime.
    Alchemy Arion was just a little more stylish than I can get away with, but seeing the Arion at the NAHBS is what made me decide to have Alchemy build my next bike.
    It is not procrastination if you put it off right away

  6. #18331
    Senior Member Silvercivic27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    My Bikes
    Scott addict, Colnago asso, Cervelo S5
    Posts
    1,455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted an Arion before it even had that name, but the two things I don't like about it are:



    the boxiness and solid triangle where the seat stays join the seat tube, and the way the seat tube just cuts off like a rectangle instead of a nice airfoil or kammtail shape. That can't be very aero, or at least it isn't in the eyeball wind tunnel. The seatpost looks like a rectangle which really bothers me. I know there's a round seat tube option, but it's an aero frame, and that just ain't right.





    and the amount of space between the cutout seat tube and the rear tire. That also can't be very aero, and certainly isn't very attractive.

    the matte black version also looks much better than this teal version too, IMO.

    Other than those things, though, it's a nice bike.

  7. #18332
    Senior Member Silvercivic27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    My Bikes
    Scott addict, Colnago asso, Cervelo S5
    Posts
    1,455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcktr View Post
    Alchemy Helios
    top view small.jpg
    Alchemy Helios, Sram Red, Enve, Ergot Wheels (tubeless), Dash Saddle
    With a name like Dcktr and a bike with fancy parts like that, it makes me wonder if you're a urologist, lol.

    in any event, I've been interested in a dash saddle/seatpost combo for the S5, but can't seem to find any good reliable info on the Dash saddle shapes. Do you have any?

  8. #18333
    So it is LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    My Bikes
    81 Puch Luzerne, 90 Schwinn 684, Ridley Boreas, November Wheelhouse
    Posts
    6,617
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Correct...many Treks are hot. I always think a NOT vote should be accompanied by a photo of the judges bike...have a feeling the NOT would sting a bit less...
    Nicely said, WHOOOSSHHH.

  9. #18334
    So it is LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    My Bikes
    81 Puch Luzerne, 90 Schwinn 684, Ridley Boreas, November Wheelhouse
    Posts
    6,617
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcktr View Post
    Alchemy Helios
    top view small.jpg
    Alchemy Helios, Sram Red, Enve, Ergot Wheels (tubeless), Dash Saddle
    Hot. I could live without the neon yellow branding, but still hot.

  10. #18335
    Senior Member Herbie53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    5,979
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercivic27 View Post
    I wanted an Arion before it even had that name, but the two things I don't like about it are:

    the boxiness and solid triangle where the seat stays join the seat tube, and the way the seat tube just cuts off like a rectangle instead of a nice airfoil or kammtail shape. That can't be very aero, or at least it isn't in the eyeball wind tunnel. The seatpost looks like a rectangle which really bothers me. I know there's a round seat tube option, but it's an aero frame, and that just ain't right.





    and the amount of space between the cutout seat tube and the rear tire. That also can't be very aero, and certainly isn't very attractive.

    the matte black version also looks much better than this teal version too, IMO.

    Other than those things, though, it's a nice bike.
    A team mate has this Arion. I do not think it has a boxy seat tube like that one.



    [edit] this sort of shows it a bit better, looks like a different seat post too...

    Last edited by Herbie53; 03-16-14 at 07:23 AM.
    "Today me will live in the moment, unless it's unpleasant, then me will eat cookie." -Cookie Monster

  11. #18336
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,759
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercivic27 View Post
    ...
    in any event, I've been interested in a dash saddle/seatpost combo for the S5, but can't seem to find any good reliable info on the Dash saddle shapes. Do you have any?
    Plenty of pics on the Dashcycles website
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

  12. #18337
    Senior Member Silvercivic27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    My Bikes
    Scott addict, Colnago asso, Cervelo S5
    Posts
    1,455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    A team mate has this Arion. I do not think it has a boxy seat tube like that one.



    [edit] this sort of shows it a bit better, looks like a different seat post too...

    Interesting. . . Do you know how old his is? I guess the thing to do is to call alchemy, tell them what I don't like about it and see what they say, rather than just assume that what's on the website is they way they all are especially in a custom frame.

  13. #18338
    Senior Member Silvercivic27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    My Bikes
    Scott addict, Colnago asso, Cervelo S5
    Posts
    1,455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gc3 View Post
    Plenty of pics on the Dashcycles website
    Gee, thanks! I hadn't thought of going to the Dash website!

  14. #18339
    Senior Member Herbie53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    5,979
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercivic27 View Post
    Interesting. . . Do you know how old his is? I guess the thing to do is to call alchemy, tell them what I don't like about it and see what they say, rather than just assume that what's on the website is they way they all are especially in a custom frame.

    He's had it about a year.
    "Today me will live in the moment, unless it's unpleasant, then me will eat cookie." -Cookie Monster

  15. #18340
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,759
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercivic27 View Post
    Gee, thanks! I hadn't thought of going to the Dash website!
    Is on the Internet
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

  16. #18341
    Senior Member WHOOOSSHHH...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    6,174
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    A team mate has this Arion. I do not think it has a boxy seat tube like that one.



    [edit] this sort of shows it a bit better, looks like a different seat post too...

    Fat and boxy like me guess that's why I have to give this one a hot!!

  17. #18342
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    My Bikes
    2004 Fuji Pro | 2012 Diamondback Podium 7 | 2013 Fondriest TF3
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks better outside in the natural night, but my photography skills suck and couldn't get a good picture. I just finished building it a few weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it. So much lighter and a lot more stiff than my old 2004 Fuji Pro.

    [/URL]
    Last edited by speling_champ; 03-16-14 at 01:10 PM. Reason: bad photo link

  18. #18343
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Huntington Beach Ca.
    My Bikes
    Planet X Full carbon track bike , Bianchi Pista, Unknown LV1 X 2, Sole' De Lano, Retrospect.
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first ever. Road bike, 2014 Colnago Strada, picked it up yesterday rode 10 miles from shop to home and I absolutely love it, smooth,responsive,and sexy!, I already changed some stuff on it took white bar tape off and did Black lizard skin, and put a Fizik carbon rail saddle, and front Mavic Ksyrium SL.will post updated pics later.

    Below pics of my Italian ladies
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #18344
    Veni, Vidi, Bici gridplan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    My Bikes
    Colnagos (2005 Brera Art, 2007 President LdV, 2007 CF6)
    Posts
    1,121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lgp927 View Post
    My first ever. Road bike, 2014 Colnago Strada, picked it up yesterday rode 10 miles from shop to home and I absolutely love it, smooth,responsive,and sexy!, I already changed some stuff on it took white bar tape off and did Black lizard skin, and put a Fizik carbon rail saddle, and front Mavic Ksyrium SL.will post updated pics later.

    Below pics of my Italian ladies
    Hot
    Big hitter, the Lama.

  20. #18345
    Senior Member buffalowings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    700
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercivic27 View Post
    I wanted an Arion before it even had that name, but the two things I don't like about it are:



    the boxiness and solid triangle where the seat stays join the seat tube, and the way the seat tube just cuts off like a rectangle instead of a nice airfoil or kammtail shape. That can't be very aero, or at least it isn't in the eyeball wind tunnel. The seatpost looks like a rectangle which really bothers me. I know there's a round seat tube option, but it's an aero frame, and that just ain't right.





    and the amount of space between the cutout seat tube and the rear tire. That also can't be very aero, and certainly isn't very attractive.

    the matte black version also looks much better than this teal version too, IMO.

    Other than those things, though, it's a nice bike.
    If it looks aero, it must be aero! in all seriousness..the shaping on the alchemy do not look very aero..
    Noooooo! My thread!! -_________- http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php/896498-Do-you-pack-quot-heat-quot-while-cycling

  21. #18346
    Senior Member Square Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    My Bikes
    2013 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Expert Compact
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speling_champ View Post
    It looks better outside in the natural night, but my photography skills suck and couldn't get a good picture. I just finished building it a few weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it. So much lighter and a lot more stiff than my old 2004 Fuji Pro.

    [/URL]
    I like it.

  22. #18347
    Senior Member Silvercivic27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    My Bikes
    Scott addict, Colnago asso, Cervelo S5
    Posts
    1,455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post
    If it looks aero, it must be aero! in all seriousness..the shaping on the alchemy do not look very aero..
    Thats why I said the "eyeball wind tunnel", but seriously I cannot imagine that solid rear triangle or the rectangular seat tube and seat post are very aero. Aero or not, though, it's pretty ugly and doesn't appear very well thought out, IMHO.

  23. #18348
    Senior Member Silvercivic27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    My Bikes
    Scott addict, Colnago asso, Cervelo S5
    Posts
    1,455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lgp927 View Post
    Below pics of my Italian ladies
    I'm glad you're happy and I think you have a nice bike, but this is the hot or not thread so I'm going to say it:

    You've got one italian lady, and a Chinese lady with an Italian name, lol.

  24. #18349
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,759
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Bianchi could be hot without the big azz saddle bag

    Quote Originally Posted by lgp927 View Post
    My first ever. Road bike, 2014 Colnago Strada, picked it up yesterday rode 10 miles from shop to home and I absolutely love it, smooth,responsive,and sexy!, I already changed some stuff on it took white bar tape off and did Black lizard skin, and put a Fizik carbon rail saddle, and front Mavic Ksyrium SL.will post updated pics later.

    Below pics of my Italian ladies
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

  25. #18350
    Senior Member sbxx1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,748
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gc3 View Post
    The Bianchi could be hot without the big azz saddle bag
    Not with the hoods like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •