Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 744 of 824 FirstFirst ... 244644694734742743744745746754794 ... LastLast
Results 18,576 to 18,600 of 20579

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #18576
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    9,626
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandCrab View Post
    My resubmission...

    Nice, I'm not a huge CAAD fan and I'm not a huge white bike fan, either, but this is done really well - I think that the deep carbon rims (with ghosted decals) really set off the frame, whereas many white frames look boring without anything strongly contrasting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  2. #18577
    Senior Member shoota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    My Bikes
    1987 Trek 560
    Posts
    3,350
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    Nice, I'm not a huge CAAD fan and I'm not a huge white bike fan, either, but this is done really well - I think that the deep carbon rims (with ghosted decals) really set off the frame, whereas many white frames look boring without anything strongly contrasting them.
    I agree with everything here. For once lol.
    2005 Cannondale six13 10s SRAM

  3. #18578
    Mostly Harmless rjones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chittenango, NY
    My Bikes
    Have two wheels
    Posts
    23,150
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't tell. There's a mountain bike in the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by zazata View Post
    hot or cool


  4. #18579
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandCrab View Post
    My resubmission...


    Hot. Any upgrades or anything different from last submission?

  5. #18580
    a nut for a jar of tuna SandCrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    My Bikes
    sekiB yM
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenPS View Post
    nicely staged. I think it's hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    Nice...
    Thank you.


    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    Hot. Any upgrades or anything different from last submission?
    Thanks. I replaced the stem, seat post and bottle cages, so just minor upgrades. I was curious what the consensus though.

  6. #18581
    will stop for donuts BenPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the matching stem/seatpost (and cranks) is actually what solidified the "hot" for me. I don't know what your bottle cages were before, but the white/black looks right

  7. #18582
    Senior Member PatrickGSR94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Memphis TN area
    Posts
    3,903
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:

    Stunning is the word that comes to mind. Good grief that is a bad ass bike.
    Only thing that would make this bike any hotter would be a non-arched top tube. Friggen blazing.
    2011 Felt Z85 105 | Ultegra | KMC | Selle Italia | Vuelta | Topeak
    90's-ish KHS Alite 1000 MTB, *hybridized*

  8. #18583
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Kuota Korsa Lite
    Posts
    565
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love white bikes - this one is very hot

    Quote Originally Posted by SandCrab View Post
    My resubmission...


  9. #18584
    Senior Member Fox Farm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    My Bikes
    Merlin Extra Light, Orbea Orca, Tomac Revolver Mountain Bike, Cannondale Crit 3.0 now used for time trials.
    Posts
    2,170
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=aubiecat;16614928]
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:



    Stunning is the word that comes to mind. Good grief that is a bad ass bike.
    This Venge is as nice looking as they come. Ok, tell me if I am nit picking but the top tube / head tube junction is so massive that it makes the bars look out of proportion.

  10. #18585
    Senior Member RPK79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE MN
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix Pro
    Posts
    4,126
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Farm View Post

    This Venge is as nice looking as they come. Ok, tell me if I am nit picking but the top tube / head tube junction is so massive that it makes the bars look out of proportion.
    I think it works with the size of the downtube.

  11. #18586
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rep. of Dallas
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandCrab View Post
    My resubmission...

    Fire hot. CAAD10 rules all.
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 03-27-14 at 11:38 AM.

  12. #18587
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,037
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Fox Farm;16616633]
    Quote Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post

    This Venge is as nice looking as they come. Ok, tell me if I am nit picking but the top tube / head tube junction is so massive that it makes the bars look out of proportion.
    I'm not a fan of compact bars in general (from a comfort standpoint as well but especially from a looks point of view). I think aero frames just make them look worse. I think this bike is an absolute stunner as long as I don't look at the bars/stem.

  13. #18588
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    one for everything
    Posts
    7,014
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandCrab View Post
    My resubmission...

    bike is nice but staging gets a 7 for me...bad lighting and the power outlet (which could hide behind the carbon dish) + camera focused on the wall not the bike

  14. #18589
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Lots
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:











    Specs:
    frame: 56cm S-Works Venge Cavendish Edition
    shifters: Sram Force 22
    R derailleur: Sram Force 22
    F derailleur: Sram Force 22
    crankset: S-Works cranks, alum spider
    brakes: Sram Red Aero Link
    chain: KMC X11SL
    cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11-25
    stem: 3T ARX Team Stealth
    handlebar: 3T Ergonova Team Stealth
    tape: Easton Microfiber
    saddle: Specialized Romin Pro
    pedals: Speedplay Zero stainless
    wheels: Zipp 303 FC clinchers
    tires: Specialized S-Works Turbo 24
    tubes: Giant
    cables: Jagwire
    Great bike, great shots. Way to not follow the "rules" and really show the bike in the best way possible. White garage doors/walls get old real fast...like years ago. Brave move balancing that machine on a rock.

  15. #18590
    Senior Member Jay68442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mountain Top, PA
    My Bikes
    2013 Specialized Roubaix Sl4 Expert, 2008 Specialized Roubaix Elite
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That thing is on fire! Crazy hot!

    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:











    Specs:
    frame: 56cm S-Works Venge Cavendish Edition
    shifters: Sram Force 22
    R derailleur: Sram Force 22
    F derailleur: Sram Force 22
    crankset: S-Works cranks, alum spider
    brakes: Sram Red Aero Link
    chain: KMC X11SL
    cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11-25
    stem: 3T ARX Team Stealth
    handlebar: 3T Ergonova Team Stealth
    tape: Easton Microfiber
    saddle: Specialized Romin Pro
    pedals: Speedplay Zero stainless
    wheels: Zipp 303 FC clinchers
    tires: Specialized S-Works Turbo 24
    tubes: Giant
    cables: Jagwire
    If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan

  16. #18591
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you guys quote all the pictures of that Venge one more time, I swear bad things will happen...

  17. #18592
    Senior Member RPK79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE MN
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix Pro
    Posts
    4,126
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemanppl View Post
    If you guys quote all the pictures of that Venge one more time, I swear bad things will happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:











    Specs:
    frame: 56cm S-Works Venge Cavendish Edition
    shifters: Sram Force 22
    R derailleur: Sram Force 22
    F derailleur: Sram Force 22
    crankset: S-Works cranks, alum spider
    brakes: Sram Red Aero Link
    chain: KMC X11SL
    cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11-25
    stem: 3T ARX Team Stealth
    handlebar: 3T Ergonova Team Stealth
    tape: Easton Microfiber
    saddle: Specialized Romin Pro
    pedals: Speedplay Zero stainless
    wheels: Zipp 303 FC clinchers
    tires: Specialized S-Works Turbo 24
    tubes: Giant
    cables: Jagwire

  18. #18593
    Senior Member Jay68442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mountain Top, PA
    My Bikes
    2013 Specialized Roubaix Sl4 Expert, 2008 Specialized Roubaix Elite
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan

  19. #18594
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are all terrible, terrible people. :'o(

  20. #18595
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,756
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenPS View Post
    the matching stem/seatpost (and cranks) is actually what solidified the "hot" for me. I don't know what your bottle cages were before, but the white/black looks right
    The bike is hot (as much as a Cannondale can be), but this nuance of brand-matching these pieces escapes me, beyond some vague aesthetic improvement perspective. Yeah, okay, its consistent with the color scheme and all that, but for me doesn't make real difference. Maybe if it wasn't FSA it would, I dunno? I went through that once and outfitted my bike with Zipp bar, stem, and post, but no longer feel the need.
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

  21. #18596
    will stop for donuts BenPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's all aesthetic, but to me it shows intent. You could have all different parts, but it seems like a simplicity in design type thing. You could have all different parts, but it adds that extra little bit of hotness by thinking through the design of your bike, and getting the same stem/seatpost.

    If you're trying to do things well, I think that your cranks should either match the rest of your group (shifters, derailleurs and maybe brakes) or can possibly be matched to your stem/seatpost if the manufacturer does all three.

    Just my $.02

  22. #18597
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandCrab View Post
    My resubmission...

    I'm not a big fan of white bikes, but this looks good.
    Last edited by TACTIC; 03-27-14 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling...

  23. #18598
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:











    Specs:
    frame: 56cm S-Works Venge Cavendish Edition
    shifters: Sram Force 22
    R derailleur: Sram Force 22
    F derailleur: Sram Force 22
    crankset: S-Works cranks, alum spider
    brakes: Sram Red Aero Link
    chain: KMC X11SL
    cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11-25
    stem: 3T ARX Team Stealth
    handlebar: 3T Ergonova Team Stealth
    tape: Easton Microfiber
    saddle: Specialized Romin Pro
    pedals: Speedplay Zero stainless
    wheels: Zipp 303 FC clinchers
    tires: Specialized S-Works Turbo 24
    tubes: Giant
    cables: Jagwire
    While I'm at it... The exicution of this bike is very nice! I love the green!! Hot!!!

  24. #18599
    a nut for a jar of tuna SandCrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    My Bikes
    sekiB yM
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcdam View Post
    Love white bikes - this one is very hot
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq View Post
    Fire hot. CAAD10 rules all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TACTIC View Post
    I'm not a big fan of white bikes, but this look good.
    Thank you guys.


    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    bike is nice but staging gets a 7 for me...bad lighting and the power outlet (which could hide behind the carbon dish) + camera focused on the wall not the bike
    Thanks. A photographer I'm not. I bought an entry level DSLR, put it on auto settings and hope for the best .


    Quote Originally Posted by gc3 View Post
    The bike is hot ... beyond some vague aesthetic improvement ...
    Thanks. You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

  25. #18600
    Senior Member cycledogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CADD4, CADD5, CADD7 (Optimo), '07 SystemSix, '08 Trek TTX 9.0
    Posts
    396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenPS View Post
    Yeah, it's all aesthetic, but to me it shows intent. You could have all different parts, but it seems like a simplicity in design type thing. You could have all different parts, but it adds that extra little bit of hotness by thinking through the design of your bike, and getting the same stem/seatpost.

    If you're trying to do things well, I think that your cranks should either match the rest of your group (shifters, derailleurs and maybe brakes) or can possibly be matched to your stem/seatpost if the manufacturer does all three.

    Just my $.02
    I'll add 2 more. I personally like to match the cock pit as much as I can. A hodge podge of parts on a bike makes it look like it was put together with spare parts from the bin. Maybe a brake set or even a crank set of different brand would be ok, but stem, bars and post that match in brand looks much better as a well thought out plan setup.
    Cheers
    Earn the Burn.... Reap the Gain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •