Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 745 of 826 FirstFirst ... 245645695735743744745746747755795 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,625 of 20633

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #18601
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    523
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcdam View Post
    Love white bikes - this one is very hot
    Get a life, weirdo. You've got serious issues if you're lusting after 'white bikes.'

  2. #18602
    Senior Member Adrianinkc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledogg View Post
    I'll add 2 more. I personally like to match the cock pit as much as I can. A hodge podge of parts on a bike makes it look like it was put together with spare parts from the bin. Maybe a brake set or even a crank set of different brand would be ok, but stem, bars and post that match in brand looks much better as a well thought out plan setup.
    Cheers
    +1

  3. #18603
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledogg View Post
    I'll add 2 more. I personally like to match the cock pit as much as I can. A hodge podge of parts on a bike makes it look like it was put together with spare parts from the bin. Maybe a brake set or even a crank set of different brand would be ok, but stem, bars and post that match in brand looks much better as a well thought out plan setup.
    Cheers
    Maybe to you it looks better, but personally I focus on things like weight, comfort, or effectiveness for my use before I worry about whether the pieces all have the same white stripe or logos or brand name. In reality, everything is supposed to be plain unadorned black anyhow. It goes faster. Feel free to keep your opinion, though.
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

  4. #18604
    Speed is Life... UnfilteredDregs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NYC, duh Bronx.
    My Bikes
    Salsa Ti Warbird- 2014/ HED Ardennes +
    Posts
    1,415
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenPS View Post
    Yeah, it's all aesthetic, but to me it shows intent. You could have all different parts, but it seems like a simplicity in design type thing. You could have all different parts, but it adds that extra little bit of hotness by thinking through the design of your bike, and getting the same stem/seatpost.

    If you're trying to do things well, I think that your cranks should either match the rest of your group (shifters, derailleurs and maybe brakes) or can possibly be matched to your stem/seatpost if the manufacturer does all three.

    Just my $.02

    Huh?

    Intent? The primary thought that ought to take place in regards to designing a machine to perform is not whether brand matches but, whether components come together in a form that serves the purpose best.

    Anything else is poser bull****.
    Last edited by UnfilteredDregs; 03-28-14 at 12:02 PM.
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/UnfilteredDregs
    Poetically vacant... -U.D.

  5. #18605
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    10,083
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnfilteredDregs View Post
    Huh?

    Intent? The primary thought that ought to take place in regards to designing a machine to perform is not whether brand matches but, whether components come together in a form that serves the purpose best.

    Anything else is poser bull****.
    While I appreciate the sentiment, I think it's a wee bit extreme. We are talking about bike stuff, here - despite the religious zeal that some display, a lot of is it is mechanically simple, which leads to a fairly level playing field with lots of valid choices. In the frequent event that parts from Brand A and B are functional equivalents, it's not surprising (or bull****) that aesthetics would tip the scale one way or the other... I think it's pretty expected, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  6. #18606
    Senior Member RPK79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE MN
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix Pro
    Posts
    4,174
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd like to see more places sell stem/bar/post sets instead of as individual matching pieces. The only place I've seen them sold as a set is on Chinese knockoff sites. With that said, mine don't match brands only finishes.

  7. #18607
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,471
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of my bikes have 3t cockpits...mostly because I like the ergonovas and got a good price on the LTD's and they make the all black team stealth stem. I wouldn't hesitate to change them if something else came along that suited me tho.
    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

  8. #18608
    Speed is Life... UnfilteredDregs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NYC, duh Bronx.
    My Bikes
    Salsa Ti Warbird- 2014/ HED Ardennes +
    Posts
    1,415
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    In the frequent event that parts from Brand A and B are functional equivalents, it's not surprising (or bull****) that aesthetics would tip the scale one way or the other... I think it's pretty expected, actually.
    I agree with you here. I would definitely go with the aesthetic I prefer all else being equivalent.

    I'm in the process of stripping down and rebuilding my bike. I would have liked to had gone all Zipp with the cockpit, but that won't be the case because the stem geometry just won't work out as well as the Thomson I bought in lieu of the Zipp. The Zipp stem(s), no matter which, would not place my bars where they belong for me, close maybe, but not right. In that case it would have been silly to let brand matching take precedence over function.
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/UnfilteredDregs
    Poetically vacant... -U.D.

  9. #18609
    Super Moderator BillyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    My Bikes
    Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92; Schwinn Continental '76.
    Posts
    12,720
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnfilteredDregs View Post
    Huh?

    Intent? The primary thought that ought to take place in regards to designing a machine to perform is not whether brand matches but, whether components come together in a form that serves the purpose best.

    Anything else is poser bull****.
    Agree 100%.

    We have enough petty rules to this thread and to bike posting in general to add more.

    You look at the bike and you can tell at a glance whether it's hot or not, whether it appeals to you or not. It's simple. It's a gut reaction.

    You guys are starting to treat this crap like it's a dog show or something. Not only is it silly, but it's mean-spirited. I'm not having it . . . enough with the silly rules!

    Maybe you guys lost sight of the fact - or maybe never realized it - but the original rules like the white garage door and such were in fact a joke. The fact that a plain white background has considerable merit eventually lent credibility to the custom. It just makes the bike stand out better, aiding viewing. But all the rest of the so-called rules are crap, and we sure don't need new ones.

    Don't take this to mean you can't make comments about a bike. It's not my intention to stifle the worthwhile merits of this thread. Constructive criticism is valuable and encouraged. But you don't need to get nasty about your comments. You don't need to get mean-spirited. Maybe it would help to use this simple exercise - Ask yourself if you would make the comment to that person's face. If not, then maybe you should keep it to yourself.

    And please don't hand me the BS excuses about somebody has "thin skin" or they need to "grow a pair", this isn't junior high school. I won't tolerate thinly veiled bullying or thuggery in here! You can take that meanness to some other forum!
    Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
    Titanium Division

  10. #18610
    blah blah blah milkbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnfilteredDregs View Post
    Huh?

    Intent? The primary thought that ought to take place in regards to designing a machine to perform is not whether brand matches but, whether components come together in a form that serves the purpose best.

    Anything else is poser bull****.
    90% of this thread is poser BS... LOL

  11. #18611
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    10,083
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
    Agree 100%.

    We have enough petty rules to this thread and to bike posting in general to add more.

    You look at the bike and you can tell at a glance whether it's hot or not, whether it appeals to you or not. It's simple. It's a gut reaction.

    You guys are starting to treat this crap like it's a dog show or something. Not only is it silly, but it's mean-spirited. I'm not having it . . . enough with the silly rules!

    Maybe you guys lost sight of the fact - or maybe never realized it - but the original rules like the white garage door and such were in fact a joke. The fact that a plain white background has considerable merit eventually lent credibility to the custom. It just makes the bike stand out better, aiding viewing. But all the rest of the so-called rules are crap, and we sure don't need new ones.

    Don't take this to mean you can't make comments about a bike. It's not my intention to stifle the worthwhile merits of this thread. Constructive criticism is valuable and encouraged. But you don't need to get nasty about your comments. You don't need to get mean-spirited. Maybe it would help to use this simple exercise - Ask yourself if you would make the comment to that person's face. If not, then maybe you should keep it to yourself.

    And please don't hand me the BS excuses about somebody has "thin skin" or they need to "grow a pair", this isn't junior high school. I won't tolerate thinly veiled bullying or thuggery in here! You can take that meanness to some other forum!
    Oh, the irony.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
    You remind me of one of those little spoiled kids that are never wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  12. #18612
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    My Bikes
    Felt F2
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TACTIC View Post
    I'm not a big fan of white bikes, but this looks good.
    Yep! ^ What he said. As far as white bikes go, that CAAD10 is probably the best looking one to grace this thread. And I STILL wonder if it would look better without the white saddle and bartape? The stem and seat post look great in black!

  13. #18613
    Senior Member I <3 Robots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S2, Specialized Carve Pro, Pivot Mach 5
    Posts
    1,352
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
    90% of this thread is poser bs... Lol
    haha
    Cervelo S2 | Zipp | SRAM | Rotor

  14. #18614
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,471
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
    Agree 100%.

    We have enough petty rules to this thread and to bike posting in general to add more.

    You look at the bike and you can tell at a glance whether it's hot or not, whether it appeals to you or not. It's simple. It's a gut reaction.

    You guys are starting to treat this crap like it's a dog show or something. Not only is it silly, but it's mean-spirited. I'm not having it . . . enough with the silly rules!

    Maybe you guys lost sight of the fact - or maybe never realized it - but the original rules like the white garage door and such were in fact a joke. The fact that a plain white background has considerable merit eventually lent credibility to the custom. It just makes the bike stand out better, aiding viewing. But all the rest of the so-called rules are crap, and we sure don't need new ones.

    Don't take this to mean you can't make comments about a bike. It's not my intention to stifle the worthwhile merits of this thread. Constructive criticism is valuable and encouraged. But you don't need to get nasty about your comments. You don't need to get mean-spirited. Maybe it would help to use this simple exercise - Ask yourself if you would make the comment to that person's face. If not, then maybe you should keep it to yourself.

    And please don't hand me the BS excuses about somebody has "thin skin" or they need to "grow a pair", this isn't junior high school. I won't tolerate thinly veiled bullying or thuggery in here! You can take that meanness to some other forum!
    Dammit, there are rules!

    Velominati ? The Rules

    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

  15. #18615
    Senior Member gc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    Now I Got Two
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yo! someone needs to post a hot bike!
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn‘t like it."

    "I understand. I just don't care"

  16. #18616
    Senior Member Black wallnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ellensburg,WA
    My Bikes
    Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux
    Posts
    1,820
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:











    Specs:
    frame: 56cm S-Works Venge Cavendish Edition
    shifters: Sram Force 22
    R derailleur: Sram Force 22
    F derailleur: Sram Force 22
    crankset: S-Works cranks, alum spider
    brakes: Sram Red Aero Link
    chain: KMC X11SL
    cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11-25
    stem: 3T ARX Team Stealth
    handlebar: 3T Ergonova Team Stealth
    tape: Easton Microfiber
    saddle: Specialized Romin Pro
    pedals: Speedplay Zero stainless
    wheels: Zipp 303 FC clinchers
    tires: Specialized S-Works Turbo 24
    tubes: Giant
    cables: Jagwire
    Smoking hot!


    Mark

  17. #18617
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the WOD
    My Bikes
    2003 Litespeed Arenberg; 2010 Kuota Kult; Giant Expressway 2
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandCrab View Post
    My resubmission...

    Hot

  18. #18618
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the WOD
    My Bikes
    2003 Litespeed Arenberg; 2010 Kuota Kult; Giant Expressway 2
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:


    Hot doesn't seem to cover it. Absolutely stunning.

  19. #18619
    Senior Member runningDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnfilteredDregs View Post
    I agree with you here. I would definitely go with the aesthetic I prefer all else being equivalent.

    I'm in the process of stripping down and rebuilding my bike. I would have liked to had gone all Zipp with the cockpit, but that won't be the case because the stem geometry just won't work out as well as the Thomson I bought in lieu of the Zipp. The Zipp stem(s), no matter which, would not place my bars where they belong for me, close maybe, but not right. In that case it would have been silly to let brand matching take precedence over function.
    ^should've went with all ENVE then bro! That would be HAWT.

  20. #18620
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    Sworks Venge; Kona Paddywagon; Ibis Mojo SL-R
    Posts
    10,543
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:

    Your bike took my breath away.


  21. #18621
    Senior Member cannondale125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    St Louis
    My Bikes
    Cannondale six13/ Connondale CAAD 9
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I don't see it!! Maybe green is just not my thing.

  22. #18622
    Speed is Life... UnfilteredDregs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NYC, duh Bronx.
    My Bikes
    Salsa Ti Warbird- 2014/ HED Ardennes +
    Posts
    1,415
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by runningDoc View Post
    ^should've went with all ENVE then bro! That would be HAWT.
    I'm skerred duh crabon whud asplode!

  23. #18623
    Senior Member runningDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to randomly go through old posts and be surprised by bikes that don't actually follow rules (like people who don't like cervelos, super large frame sizes, and seat bags.

    but damn look at this baby... S1 frame (all aluminum heavy but AERO), large sized (actually makes it look better), and frame bag (because it was actually being ridden).

    Hot r Not

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbird74 View Post
    Here's my new 61cm Cervelo S1. Not the caliber of bike that has been previously posted in this thread, but the best I've ever had. I'm really loving it. On to the pictures.













  24. #18624
    Senior Member spectastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    undisclosed
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    1,990
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
    As requested, some more photos from today:











    Specs:
    frame: 56cm S-Works Venge Cavendish Edition
    shifters: Sram Force 22
    R derailleur: Sram Force 22
    F derailleur: Sram Force 22
    crankset: S-Works cranks, alum spider
    brakes: Sram Red Aero Link
    chain: KMC X11SL
    cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11-25
    stem: 3T ARX Team Stealth
    handlebar: 3T Ergonova Team Stealth
    tape: Easton Microfiber
    saddle: Specialized Romin Pro
    pedals: Speedplay Zero stainless
    wheels: Zipp 303 FC clinchers
    tires: Specialized S-Works Turbo 24
    tubes: Giant
    cables: Jagwire
    I just jizzed in my pants
    5/20

  25. #18625
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spring refresh... new tape, brake cables, and old man saddle. Also added a crazy 11/28 cassette for an upcoming trip.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •