Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Hot r Not (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/452315-hot-r-not.html)

dtrain 05-12-14 03:15 PM

running out of popcorn over here...

Ricanfred 05-12-14 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrain (Post 16752342)
running out of popcorn over here...

:popcorn:popcorn

Here's some more. How someone can take these comments personally is beyond my understanding.

gc3 05-12-14 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJM (Post 16752338)
Oh, the horror if this is the defining thread of the 41. I think it is the "we're going to yell at you" thread.

[video=youtube;0mmx68VmTEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmx68VmTEo[/video]

Herbie53 05-12-14 03:56 PM

It is debatable which is more lame... applying the staging "rules" harshly or getting so upset when you get a not for what ever reason that it warrants notifying a mod.

Raedyn 05-12-14 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq (Post 16749149)
My poverty CAAD10. I switched wheels to Zipp 101s that I scored dirt cheap and added a 53/39 instead of the 50/34. I think I should be able to attain "hot" status now, but probably need white Zipp stickers to get there.
http://i.imgur.com/aaae1u7.jpg
I live in Dallas and Austin has the most severe climbing I see aside from vacation to New Mexico, so I decided it was time to man up and get the 53/39. I'm still slow and weak though.

Hot

WHOOOSSHHH... 05-12-14 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raedyn (Post 16752491)
Hot

Agree...outstanding presentation. HOT

WHOOOSSHHH... 05-12-14 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbie53 (Post 16752460)
It is debatable which is more lame... applying the staging "rules" harshly or getting so upset when you get a not for what ever reason that it warrants notifying a mod.

I think HERBERT is spot on...

WhyFi 05-12-14 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbie53 (Post 16752460)
It is debatable which is more lame... applying the staging "rules" harshly or getting so upset when you get a not for what ever reason that it warrants notifying a mod.



Reported.

WHOOOSSHHH... 05-12-14 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... (Post 16752508)
Agree...outstanding presentation. HOT

Upon further review the crank....what's the use

SirHustlerEsq 05-12-14 04:21 PM

I'm surprised so many people are pleased with my embarrassingly cheap bicycle. It looks great for what it is, rides even better. I'd have a hard time convincing myself to spend more money on a respectable frame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... (Post 16752527)
Upon further review the crank....what's the use

What? Trolling?

WhyFi 05-12-14 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... (Post 16752527)
Upon further review the crank....what's the use



What's the use of the crank? It's for transferring power to the rear wheel. Noob.

BillyD 05-12-14 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq (Post 16749149)
My poverty CAAD10. I switched wheels to Zipp 101s that I scored dirt cheap and added a 53/39 instead of the 50/34. I think I should be able to attain "hot" status now, but probably need white Zipp stickers to get there.
http://i.imgur.com/aaae1u7.jpg

Hot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlude97 (Post 16749489)
Could go in budget HrN but what the hell

http://i.imgur.com/nh7P6gH.jpg

Hot!

BillyD 05-12-14 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc3 (Post 16746665)
how's this, then? i'm calling my new one non-black, at least non-stealth...

http://gc3.smugmug.com/Other/Bikes/i...1030666-XL.jpg

Not my cup of tea, really.

WHOOOSSHHH... 05-12-14 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq (Post 16752540)
I'm surprised so many people are pleased with my embarrassingly cheap bicycle. It looks great for what it is, rides even better. I'd have a hard time convincing myself to spend more money on a respectable frame.


What? Trolling?

Noob....so clueless

WHOOOSSHHH... 05-12-14 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 16752549)
What's the use of the crank? It's for transferring power to the rear wheel. Noob.

Does that have anything to do with responsiveness?

Dudelsack 05-12-14 05:00 PM

Aloof, yet imperious...

Herbie53 05-12-14 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... (Post 16752644)
Does that have anything to do with responsiveness?

No, but I am getting the sense you have some serious crank envy.

Gus90 05-12-14 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CbadRider (Post 16752193)
I think a bit of explanation is in order. This thread started out as a fun place to post photos of your bike. If you read the first pages of the thread, the comments are positive or constructive; nothing mean or snarky.

Then over time the unwritten Rules began to show up and the self-appointed Rule Enforcers started chiming in to make sure that your bike photo followed the Rules or else! We started getting more and more complaints and much drama ensued.

Since Ravenmore didn't post any Rules when he started the thread and he didn't nominate anyone to be Rule Enforcers, we decided to bring the thread back to its original intention of giving people a place to post photos of their bikes without getting ripped apart because they happened to have a water bottle in the cage. BillyD was given the fun job of trying to bring the thread back on track. He's been trying but we're still getting a bit of resistance and some of the Rule Enforcers are having trouble letting go.

It's time to let the thread move forward and put an end to the drama. No one is forcing anyone to post in the thread, but if you do, you need to follow the original intent of the thread and play nice. Trollheim is available if you want to start a "Post photos of your bike my way or I'll rip it apart" thread.

CbadRider
Forum Admin

This is nuts. Things can evolve over time or should be allowed to. Here is my suggestion. Let this thread be what the admins wish it to be and let's start a new hot or not thread with suggested rules on how to properly present your bike for critique. And as long as feedback isn't over the top nasty people are free to express themselves. We will then see which thread survives and which one fades to the back pages. Let the members decide!

Gus90 05-12-14 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbie53 (Post 16752460)
It is debatable which is more lame... applying the staging "rules" harshly or getting so upset when you get a not for what ever reason that it warrants notifying a mod.

IMO notifying a mod you got butthurt takes the cake

martinus 05-12-14 06:20 PM

Hot... but, I want some tiramisu for some reason ...



CbadRider 05-12-14 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gus90 (Post 16752822)
This is nuts. Things can evolve over time or should be allowed to. Here is my suggestion. Let this thread be what the admins wish it to be and let's start a new hot or not thread with suggested rules on how to properly present your bike for critique. And as long as feedback isn't over the top nasty people are free to express themselves. We will then see which thread survives and which one fades to the back pages. Let the members decide!

Go ahead and start a new thread with you own rules if you like. This thread will go back to what it was originally intended to be.

So this thread doesn't get derailed any further, please take the moderation discussion to PMs. You can contact me, Siu Blue Wind, or the head administrator, Tom Stormcrowe. Thanks.

Tom Stormcrowe 05-12-14 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gus90 (Post 16752822)
This is nuts. Things can evolve over time or should be allowed to. Here is my suggestion. Let this thread be what the admins wish it to be and let's start a new hot or not thread with suggested rules on how to properly present your bike for critique. And as long as feedback isn't over the top nasty people are free to express themselves. We will then see which thread survives and which one fades to the back pages. Let the members decide!

Which is fine, Gus, I am a Social Scientist by training, after all. It becomes a comparative behavioral experiment that provides me with new data, so go for it.......seriously. I operate on scientific method and never get butthurt if new data tells me something is wrong with prior conclusions. :D Prove me right orprove me wrong, either way, I gain new knowledge, so it's a win/win scenario.

chaulky61 05-12-14 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 16752560)
Not my cup of tea, really.

I would have to disagree. That C-59 is one hot cup of tea.

Siu Blue Wind 05-12-14 07:16 PM

Am I late to the party?

Herbie53 05-12-14 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind (Post 16753083)
Am I late to the party?

Are you going to post your bike or what?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:27 PM.