Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 110 of 354 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 8834
  1. #2726
    Member prspect06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2012 CAAD10

    Originally bought as a 10-5, but added Rival levers, brakes, RD, Force crank.

    http://pedalmybike.com/userTrackies/myTrackie3893.jpg

    2011 Bianchi Infinito
    2012 Cannondale CAAD10

  2. #2727
    Senior Member Adrianinkc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prspect06 View Post
    2012 CAAD10

    Originally bought as a 10-5, but added Rival levers, brakes, RD, Force crank.

    Is that finish matte ? Using my phone and I can't tell.

  3. #2728
    Member prspect06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianinkc View Post
    Is that finish matte ? Using my phone and I can't tell.
    Yessir it is.
    http://pedalmybike.com/userTrackies/myTrackie3893.jpg

    2011 Bianchi Infinito
    2012 Cannondale CAAD10

  4. #2729
    Bike rider alexaschwanden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Palo Alto
    My Bikes
    2013 Felt 960, 2013 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,544
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice 2012 Caad10.
    2013 Felt 960 29er MTB. 1,368.4 miles
    2013 Raleigh Revenio 2.0. 1,610.0 miles

  5. #2730
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prspect06 View Post
    2012 CAAD10

    Originally bought as a 10-5, but added Rival levers, brakes, RD, Force crank.


  6. #2731
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a favor to ask - could someone with a CAAD10 (preferably 2012, but I'd be curious about any year) measure the width of the rear dropout spacing?

    Since I got my 10, I've noticed some difficulty removing and putting the rear wheel back in. Up until today I've only used the stock Fulcrum 7s, and the stock skewer. Today, I threw on my tubulars, with a different skewer. This skewer apparently doesn't interface with the dropouts in quite the same way as the stock skewer - in the middle of sprinting up over the crest of a hill, the wheel fell out of the dropouts.

    (I'm 100% fine, I went in to a front wheelie for a bit, got my feet out and saved it. I'm sure I'll get some "you didn't tighten the skewer properly" responses - well, maybe I didn't, and obviously if I didn't then I'm pretty damn lucky I didn't kill myself. Let's leave it at that, please..)

    I measured my dropouts when I got home and they're 140mm, uncompressed (i.e., no wheel + skewer setting them together). This strikes me as being odd...but I'm kind of a dumbass when it comes to bike mechanics.

    Can anyone corroborate or disprove this is normal for CAAD10s?

    Thanks

  7. #2732
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slynkie View Post
    I have a favor to ask - could someone with a CAAD10 (preferably 2012, but I'd be curious about any year) measure the width of the rear dropout spacing?

    Since I got my 10, I've noticed some difficulty removing and putting the rear wheel back in. Up until today I've only used the stock Fulcrum 7s, and the stock skewer. Today, I threw on my tubulars, with a different skewer. This skewer apparently doesn't interface with the dropouts in quite the same way as the stock skewer - in the middle of sprinting up over the crest of a hill, the wheel fell out of the dropouts.

    (I'm 100% fine, I went in to a front wheelie for a bit, got my feet out and saved it. I'm sure I'll get some "you didn't tighten the skewer properly" responses - well, maybe I didn't, and obviously if I didn't then I'm pretty damn lucky I didn't kill myself. Let's leave it at that, please..)

    I measured my dropouts when I got home and they're 140mm, uncompressed (i.e., no wheel + skewer setting them together). This strikes me as being odd...but I'm kind of a dumbass when it comes to bike mechanics.

    Can anyone corroborate or disprove this is normal for CAAD10s?

    Thanks
    140mm? Is that after the accident?
    I'm looking at CDale docs that say 130mm.
    I'll see what I can post for you.

  8. #2733
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen View Post
    140mm? Is that after the accident?
    I'm looking at CDale docs that say 130mm.
    I'll see what I can post for you.
    Thanks - It measures 140mm now, "after", but there was no crash/impact that would have changed the spacing. It is what it's always been (on this particular frame). Road bike rear spacing is supposed to be 130mm AFAIK - 135mm is for MTB, I think.

  9. #2734
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slynkie View Post
    Thanks - It measures 140mm now, "after", but there was no crash/impact that would have changed the spacing. It is what it's always been (on this particular frame). Road bike rear spacing is supposed to be 130mm AFAIK - 135mm is for MTB, I think.
    I'm wondering if when the wheel came off, the pressure while riding expanded the spacing a bit.
    (still researching...nothing on CDale's site for CAAD10's. Odd.)

    Edit:
    It should be identical to the SuperSix according to CDale.
    SuperSix is 130mm rear/100mm front.
    C10 should be 130mm as far as I can tell,
    but an actual CAAD10 owner will know better than I.
    The SS & C10 have seemingly identical geo.
    Don't see why C10's dropouts would be different.

    SuperSix & CAAD10 Geo
    Specs for SS
    Last edited by 2ndGen; 02-05-12 at 04:53 PM.

  10. #2735
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen View Post
    I'm wondering if when the wheel came off, the pressure while riding expanded the spacing a bit.
    (still researching...nothing on CDale's site for CAAD10's. Odd.)
    I can't say with 100% certainty that's not what happened, but I don't think it is. It's always been a bit awkward putting a wheel in this frame - I always line up the RD and chain on the smallest cog (where the RD is adjusted to), and it's still more of a struggle than with other bikes to get the wheel in. I realize now this can be attributed to the dropout spacing being off...

    I'm just not sure if this is something wrong with my frame, or if it's to spec. One note on Sheldon Brown's frame-spacing page worries me in particular -
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon Brown
    If your frame is made of aluminum or carbon fiber, do not attempt to re-space the frame, these materials are not suitable for "cold setting."
    of course, "cold setting" is essentially what I'm doing if I use skewers to secure a 130mm hub in to 140mm dropouts..

  11. #2736
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slynk,

    Check out the links I posted.
    If you're getting 140mm, something looks wrong from the factory.
    Have your LBS check it out. If it's supposed to be 130mm,
    Cannondale will probably get you another frameset.

  12. #2737
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the links 2ndGen...so either something's very wrong or I'm crazy (btw I used digital calipers AND a measuring tape to confirm). I've sent an email to my LBS and will call 'em tomorrow. I appreciate your help!

    If anyone with a CAAD10 is able to measure, I'd still be interested for a confirmation if you've got 130mm..

    edit: LBS emailed back, saying it sounds weird and they want to take a look. damnit...my backup bike is in the shop getting serviced already, so I've apparently gone from 2 to 0 working bikes. Don't feel safe using the CAAD10 until LBS has looked at it..

    Last edited by slynkie; 02-05-12 at 05:13 PM. Reason: update/added pic

  13. #2738
    Member prspect06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked my 2012 CAAD10. The rear drop out is exactly 130mm.
    http://pedalmybike.com/userTrackies/myTrackie3893.jpg

    2011 Bianchi Infinito
    2012 Cannondale CAAD10

  14. #2739
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There you go Slynk.
    "Issue" confirmed.
    Go get your new frame.
    Good job prspect.

  15. #2740
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all!

    the Cult rocks

  16. #2741
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they do.


    (big ups qcp )

  17. #2742
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you the only owner?

    cold setting a steel bike 4mm takes a little effort. i wouldnt be surprised to see a cannondale crack or kink if it were "cold set" 10mm. keep in mind you would have to spread it past 140mm to make it stay there. some tandem hubs are 145mm. if a previous owner shoved one of these in the bike it may have cold set the frame to 140. ive got a bike (steel) that was 126mm but is now about 128mm from years or removing and replacing a 130mm hub.

    your decision to quit riding the bike is a smart one. hopefully you can get it replaced (if you are the original owner)

  18. #2743
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to the skewer issue. I've noticed that my aluminum bikes are much more susceptable to skewer issues than my carbon ones. I believe it's likely due to the stiffness of the frame and the fact that the skewer has less bite on an aluminum frame than a carbon one. More than once I've shifted my rear skewer/wheel in a sprint. Consequently, I now only run the dual lever Crank Brothers and get them VERY tight. Doing this with a lower quality skewer will eventually pop the lever heads off. Done that twice with Reynolds skewers that come with the carbon wheelsets.

    Glad to hear you didn't crash and no, I've noticed nothing of the sort on my 2012 Caad 10 and have switched wheels on it a few times. It is definitely 130mm +/-1mm or so. Haven't measured it but would notice when swapping wheels if I had to adjust the skewer much.

    G/L with the new frame. How long did you have it?

  19. #2744
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the original/only owner. Bike (CAAD10 4) was bought in November, via a legitimate and well known local Cannondale dealer. I'm bringing it in to them today, I'm sure they'll take care of me.

  20. #2745
    USMC Veteran qcpmsame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    7,081
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep the 41 posted on what happens with your frame. This is pretty strange goings on here. Any thing hard enough to further spread the rear triangle would be noticable and with a 10mm spread I suspect you would find some wrinkles in the seat stays as aluminum does not cold set at all. Did you notice the additional width when installing the rear wheel and securing the skewer?
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

  21. #2746
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post an update after my visit to the shop later today, in this thread.

    Unfortunately I did NOT notice it when installing the rear wheel. I threw on my tubulars for the first time since I'd gotten the bike, yesterday. I'd previously removed/installed the stock rear wheel, using the stock skewer, and it admittedly always felt like more of a struggle than it should have. Unfortunately I didn't even think to check if something was truly wrong - I actually figured I'd shortened my chain a little too much, making it harder to slide the wheel/cassette in there properly.

    When I put my tubulars in, though, I used a different skewer. I tightened it well - but I suspect now that the dropout was actually resting on the spring!! Anyway, tightened it up and went for a ride. While going hard up a hill, the rear lifted a bit and the wheel dropped out. I (luckily) came to a stop with my feet on the ground. Called for a pick up.

    Anyway, I feel like I've eaten way too much of this thread's time, so I'll post any additional updates in the separate thread, linked above. Thanks again all.

  22. #2747
    USMC Veteran qcpmsame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    7,081
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck my friend. I'll switch to your original thread for follow up.
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

  23. #2748
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slynkie View Post
    I'm the original/only owner. Bike (CAAD10 4) was bought in November, via a legitimate and well known local Cannondale dealer. I'm bringing it in to them today, I'm sure they'll take care of me.
    Slynk,

    I'm from Westchester myself.
    Just curious, where'd you get the C10?
    Not Danny's, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by slynkie View Post
    Anyway, I feel like I've eaten way too much of this thread's time, so I'll post any additional updates in the separate thread, linked above. Thanks again all.
    Hey, don't sweat it...anything CAAD is always welcomed in this thread.
    I'll follow up with you on your thread though.

  24. #2749
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen View Post
    Slynk,

    I'm from Westchester myself.
    Just curious, where'd you get the C10?
    Not Danny's, right?
    Danny's is indeed the closest shop to me, but no - I got it from Piermont, across the river. Their ebay selling program is awesome!

  25. #2750
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kmi View Post
    I worked at Hickory and Tweed for a number of years, you guys every come through?
    Yep! Bino sold me my first cannondale (a Six13)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •