Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 112 of 350 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 8731
  1. #2776
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laufmaschine View Post
    FWIW, I just received a set of CNC's from Planet-X USA and they also came with the SwissStop pads... Quite a nice brakeset.
    Nice. I didn't notice on USA's site if they came with SS's.

  2. #2777
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laufmaschine View Post
    FWIW, I just received a set of CNC's from Planet-X USA and they also came with the SwissStop pads... Quite a nice brakeset.
    wow, lucky! I've bought 2 pair over the years from them (including one maybe 4 months ago) and always got the stock pads included. I've been happy with the stock pads for alloy rims anyway, though.

  3. #2778
    negligent. slynkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    My Bikes
    a few
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecycling View Post
    It's not the best pic, but it will have to do for now.

    Lookin' good, I really dig that color frame! What wheels are those, campy?

  4. #2779
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    RTP, NC
    My Bikes
    LOOK 595 & Cannondale CAAD9
    Posts
    2,191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slynkie View Post
    Lookin' good, I really dig that color frame! What wheels are those, campy?
    Yep. They are Bora Ones with the decals removed.

  5. #2780
        Pinkbullet3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    942
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecycling View Post
    Yep. They are Bora Ones with the decals removed.
    The CAAD9 looks real slick. Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upilu View Post
    are you idiot???

  6. #2781
    Senior Member vanno.velo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecycling View Post
    It's not the best pic, but it will have to do for now.

    campy - check
    classic drop bars - check
    slammed stem - check
    deep wheels - check

    HOT!!

  7. #2782
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took my 10 out today for its inaugural ride. About as beautiful to ride as it is to look at

  8. #2783
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arizonamed View Post
    Took my 10 out today for its inaugural ride. About as beautiful to ride as it is to look at
    Nice. We got about 3-5" of fresh powder in WV w/15mph wind gusts.
    How was your ride?

  9. #2784
    Junior Member frazeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll hop in this thread. Guess I'm a member of the cult now. Got my 2012 CAAD10 5 today. Upgraded from a 2009 Jamis Ventura Sport. Now I know what riding a bike is supposed to be like.

    I hope to get some white handlebar tape and a white saddle soon.


    By frazeer at 2012-02-11

  10. #2785
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen View Post
    Nice. We got about 3-5" of fresh powder in WV w/15mph wind gusts.
    How was your ride?
    78 and sunny! I forgot to eat before riding, so the last 5 miles of 21 was a little rough haha But, can't complain about 70's in February.

  11. #2786
    WV is not flat.. brandenjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charles Town,Wv.
    My Bikes
    1 away from divorce!
    Posts
    983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice CAAD 10. If you get white tape make sure you get something like Lizard Skin or Fizik so they are easier to clean. I have a white Prologo saddle off of my CAAD 9 I would be willing to trade for your black one if you are interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by frazeer View Post
    I'll hop in this thread. Guess I'm a member of the cult now. Got my 2012 CAAD10 5 today. Upgraded from a 2009 Jamis Ventura Sport. Now I know what riding a bike is supposed to be like.

    I hope to get some white handlebar tape and a white saddle soon.

    By frazeer at 2012-02-11

  12. #2787
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeer View Post
    I'll hop in this thread. Guess I'm a member of the cult now. Got my 2012 CAAD10 5 today. Upgraded from a 2009 Jamis Ventura Sport. Now I know what riding a bike is supposed to be like.

    I hope to get some white handlebar tape and a white saddle soon.


    By frazeer at 2012-02-11
    What type of bottle holder is that?

  13. #2788
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeer View Post
    I'll hop in this thread. Guess I'm a member of the cult now. Got my 2012 CAAD10 5 today. Upgraded from a 2009 Jamis Ventura Sport. Now I know what riding a bike is supposed to be like.

    I hope to get some white handlebar tape and a white saddle soon.


    By frazeer at 2012-02-11
    That 10 loooks WAYYYY better in that picture than it does in on the website.
    The I can really see the matte finish on it.

  14. #2789
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arizonamed View Post
    78 and sunny! I forgot to eat before riding, so the last 5 miles of 21 was a little rough haha But, can't complain about 70's in February.
    Oh yeah! AZ!

    I once lived in Phoenix for 6 months.

  15. #2790
    Senior Member FlatSix911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good friend just picked up a new SuperSix Ultegra Di2 (Ui2) ...

    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
    You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

  16. #2791
    Senior Member WestMass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Massachusetts
    My Bikes
    2014 Cannondale SL2 Trail Hardtail 29er, 2014 Kona Zone Two Ultegra, 2010 Kona Jake the Snake, 198? Schwinn Traveler Single Speed
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking I may pull the trigger soon on the CAAD10 with Rival. Blue+Orange<3
    regular commuter, adventurer/explorer of backroads and mtb trails
    http://westernmass.craigslist.org/search/sss?userid=14603943

  17. #2792
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WestMass View Post
    Thinking I may pull the trigger soon on the CAAD10 with Rival. Blue+Orange<3
    Can't go wrong with Ultegra 6700.


  18. #2793
    Junior Member frazeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandenjs View Post
    Nice CAAD 10. If you get white tape make sure you get something like Lizard Skin or Fizik so they are easier to clean. I have a white Prologo saddle off of my CAAD 9 I would be willing to trade for your black one if you are interested.
    That's the only thing that concerns me about white tape. I've seen it get grimy pretty quick. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Thanks for the trade offer, but I'm looking at a Fizik saddle. I forget which model it is.

    The bottle cages are Bontrager cages, got em on clearance when I bought the bike. They were $14 a piece, so nothing fancy. Later on I might try to get some in a brighter white to match the Cannondale logo better.

    Overall, I'm really happy with this bike. I don't think you can beat it for the price.

  19. #2794
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen View Post
    Oh yeah! AZ!

    I once lived in Phoenix for 6 months.
    Yeah as far as total yearlong riding time I'm betting it can't be beat in the US. No rain, never freezing, wide open roads. Summer gets dicey with seemingly endless months of 100+, but if you're up before the sun is then even that's not a problem. Nevertheless, I'm out of here as soon as I'm done with grad school. The dry brown landscape got really old for me. I need green again! And rain is not a bad thing in my opinion.

  20. #2795
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so there is a nib 2012 7900 complete groupset on my local CL for 1299. Not saying I should spend that much money right now, but I'm tempted to spring for it to turn my bike into a true 10-1.

  21. #2796
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arizonamed View Post
    Yeah as far as total yearlong riding time I'm betting it can't be beat in the US. No rain, never freezing, wide open roads. Summer gets dicey with seemingly endless months of 100+, but if you're up before the sun is then even that's not a problem. Nevertheless, I'm out of here as soon as I'm done with grad school. The dry brown landscape got really old for me. I need green again! And rain is not a bad thing in my opinion.
    I was there in '06. Hottest summer in recent history (got up to almost 120).
    And I had to work on roofs (at least, supervise these projects).
    And, yeah...I need green too. Green n' Mountains.

    Quote Originally Posted by arizonamed View Post
    Ok so there is a nib 2012 7900 complete groupset on my local CL for 1299. Not saying I should spend that much money right now, but I'm tempted to spring for it to turn my bike into a true 10-1.
    That's an excellent price. Would you regret it though when Dura-Ace 9000 starts rolling-out in a few months?

  22. #2797
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen View Post
    That's an excellent price. Would you regret it though when Dura-Ace 9000 starts rolling-out in a few months?
    Not sure I would want to invest in the new group. If releasing a new group means the price of 7900 will come down then in that sense I may regret it.

  23. #2798
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arizonamed View Post
    Not sure I would want to invest in the new group. If releasing a new group means the price of 7900 will come down then in that sense I may regret it.
    I almost went with 7900 when it first came out,
    but it was new and not tested yet with real world miles. So I waited.
    I'm glad I did too considering what DA9000 is about to unleash.


  24. #2799
    WV is not flat.. brandenjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charles Town,Wv.
    My Bikes
    1 away from divorce!
    Posts
    983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes both of those tapes do clean up well. I found these cages on E-bay. I'm not sure if you want to go with the red it has in it, but it matches my CAAD 9 scheme very well. I may order mine soon. Glad you like the bike..

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/220852581288...84.m1423.l2649

    Quote Originally Posted by frazeer View Post
    That's the only thing that concerns me about white tape. I've seen it get grimy pretty quick. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Thanks for the trade offer, but I'm looking at a Fizik saddle. I forget which model it is.

    The bottle cages are Bontrager cages, got em on clearance when I bought the bike. They were $14 a piece, so nothing fancy. Later on I might try to get some in a brighter white to match the Cannondale logo better.

    Overall, I'm really happy with this bike. I don't think you can beat it for the price.

  25. #2800
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandenjs View Post
    Yes both of those tapes do clean up well. I found these cages on E-bay. I'm not sure if you want to go with the red it has in it, but it matches my CAAD 9 scheme very well. I may order mine soon. Glad you like the bike..

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/220852581288...84.m1423.l2649
    Damn good deal and Infinite Cycles is the place to buy if you want anything Cannondale.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •