Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 151 of 356 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 8898
  1. #3751
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    My Bikes
    CAAD10, Trek 7.3
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricohman View Post
    The thing that worries me is the drop on a 52. With a 33 inch inseam that seat is getting pretty high on a 52 and it will have a shorter headtube. I'm flexible but at 47 years not a spring chicken. I want to use this bike for the local tuesday night races and rebuild my Roubaix for the longer rides I like to do.
    The seat tube length between the 52 & 54 is less than an inch (2cm)...give me a break on he seat tube "exposure". Same diff for the head tube, use an extra spacer if necessary. Seems like it's better to not be too stretched.

  2. #3752
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD10 Team, Giant TCR
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricohman View Post
    The thing that worries me is the drop on a 52. With a 33 inch inseam that seat is getting pretty high on a 52 and it will have a shorter headtube. I'm flexible but at 47 years not a spring chicken. I want to use this bike for the local tuesday night races and rebuild my Roubaix for the longer rides I like to do.
    Well that's just it about the CAAD - it has an aggressive geometry and is oriented more for racing and criteriums. If you're more after comfort but still want the CAAD, add more spacers and change the stem to a longer one and one with more rise.

  3. #3753
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolis View Post
    How does the caad10 compare to let's say a synapse? In terms of weight, components, ride.
    The CAAD10 series usually has a full carbon fork, while some bikes in the Synapse series have carbon blades only. To me, it seems that when comparing a similar size and groupset number, the CAAD10 will be lighther than a Synapse aluminum.

  4. #3754
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starjag View Post
    The CAAD10 series usually has a full carbon fork, while some bikes in the Synapse series have carbon blades only. To me, it seems that when comparing a similar size and groupset number, the CAAD10 will be lighther than a Synapse aluminum.
    I have both. The CAAD is noticeably lighter (I'm no WW, so I haven't weighed them)... granted there is a groupset difference that likely accounts for a lot of this [SRAM Rival vs. Tiagra]. Frame weight differences are likely noticeable as well, but less-so as the frame of the synapse feels sturdier [thicker tubes, etc...] and likely weighs more as a result but you don't have the swings in weight between nicer components and less nice ones.

  5. #3755
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD10 Team, Giant TCR
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed that we should compare the CAAD and the Synapse Alloy with respect to the frames only - not the bias of the attached components.

    Comparing a size 56 CAAD and Synapse Alloy, both having a 56 cm top tube and 73.5 deg seat tube angles, here's a summary:
    - the head tube on the CAAD is shorter and steeper than on the Synapse
    - wheelbase on the CAAD is shorter than the Synapse's
    - chainstay on the CAAD is shorter than the Synapse's

    Obviously the Synapse frame is "larger", and as the former poster pointed out the Synapse has thicker tubing, making it heavier than the CAAD. Furthermore the CAAD is manufactured with a newer process making the tubing even thinner without sacrificing strength (according to Cannondale), making it even lighter.

    A "smaller" frame on the CAAD makes it stiffer, and the more compact geometry makes it more responsive in terms of power transfer and steering.

    The "larger" geometry on the Synapse makes for a more relaxed (upright) position than on the "smaller" CAAD.

  6. #3756
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegnome View Post
    I have both. The CAAD is noticeably lighter (I'm no WW, so I haven't weighed them)... granted there is a groupset difference that likely accounts for a lot of this [SRAM Rival vs. Tiagra]. Frame weight differences are likely noticeable as well, but less-so as the frame of the synapse feels sturdier [thicker tubes, etc...] and likely weighs more as a result but you don't have the swings in weight between nicer components and less nice ones.
    My Caad9 is about a pound lighter than my carbon Synapse. Both have rival groups. The Synapse came with heavy wheels and crank which I've upgraded so not sure about weights now (no scale) but the Caad still feels lighter.

    Not sure what you mean about the Synapse frame feeling sturdier. I specifically bought the Caad9 over an alloy Synapse because the Synapse felt more flexy. Not as noticeable on the carbon model I eventually bought.
    Climbs like a stone, descends like two...

  7. #3757
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjp View Post
    Not sure what you mean about the Synapse frame feeling sturdier. I specifically bought the Caad9 over an alloy Synapse because the Synapse felt more flexy. Not as noticeable on the carbon model I eventually bought.
    "Sturdy" in your hand, not under your ass.

  8. #3758
    blah blah blah milkbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricohman View Post
    The thing that worries me is the drop on a 52. With a 33 inch inseam that seat is getting pretty high on a 52 and it will have a shorter headtube. I'm flexible but at 47 years not a spring chicken. I want to use this bike for the local tuesday night races and rebuild my Roubaix for the longer rides I like to do.
    The CAAD usually come with a pretty long steerer and a huge stack of spacers, maybe about a 25 mm dust cap and 25 mm worth of spacers, at least they used to. You may want to visit the LBS and check the bikes there out to confirm... Hmmm... you may even be able to find some examples from this thread?

  9. #3759
    Senior Member ricohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richfell View Post
    The seat tube length between the 52 & 54 is less than an inch (2cm)...give me a break on he seat tube "exposure". Same diff for the head tube, use an extra spacer if necessary. Seems like it's better to not be too stretched.
    I don't care about seat tube "exposure" or whatever you are referring to. Is the seat to bar drop the same on the 52 or 54 for a given seat height?

  10. #3760
    Senior Member dleccord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    549
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where'd u get the jersey? looks pimp

    Quote Originally Posted by starjag View Post
    Drinking the kool-aid. Bought this 2012 CAAD10 5 on Thursday. Maiden 80km voyage yesterday.



    The kool-aid is good!

  11. #3761
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD10 Team, Giant TCR
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricohman View Post
    Is the seat to bar drop the same on the 52 or 54 for a given seat height?
    No.

    The stack height (vertical BB to top of top* tube height) on a size 52 is 52.9 cm, on a size 54 it's 54.6 cm. This would give you a drop difference of 1.7 cm.

    Something that an extra 15 mm spacer could solve.

    *EDIT: I meant to say head tube
    Last edited by e_guevara; 09-18-12 at 01:39 AM. Reason: correction

  12. #3762
    Senior Member hillcrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turkiye
    My Bikes
    '10 Scott Speedster Ltd, A hybrid and an MTB
    Posts
    334
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomng1989 View Post


    Photo album

    4 months of work went into this bike, collecting and waiting for parts. The result came out pretty good in the end, but there are just a few minor tweaks to be made.

    I hate to parrot back Cannondale's marketing schtick- but the CAAD10 is really as good a bike as many high-priced carbon frames out there. I figured it was a better idea to spend the money on getting some of the best parts and an amazing wheelset. The CAAD10 so far has proved itself worthy of all these high-end parts, and I would do it again.
    This is an absolute stunner. A beast! Apart from the thing goes through the stem.

  13. #3763
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dunwoody GA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at a used 2012 CAAD 10 5 in black. Has anybody seen the black with RED handle bar tape new? All the pics I see show black tape. For some reason the red has me weirded out.....

  14. #3764
    Tour De French Fries Elduderino2412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My Bikes
    2010 Cervelo R3 SL & 2013 Airborne Goblin
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Looking at a used 2012 CAAD 10 5 in black. Has anybody seen the black with RED handle bar tape new? All the pics I see show black tape. For some reason the red has me weirded out.....
    handlebar tape is only like $15 to replace. It came stock w/black, owner probably just changed it out.

  15. #3765
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dunwoody GA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elduderino2412 View Post
    handlebar tape is only like $15 to replace. It came stock w/black, owner probably just changed it out.
    Thats what I thought but he's saying it came that way. Unless the place where he got it changed it before he bought the bike. Do CAADs have a serial number that you can verify?

  16. #3766
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Thats what I thought but he's saying it came that way. Unless the place where he got it changed it before he bought the bike. Do CAADs have a serial number that you can verify?
    Shop could have changed it. Serial number will be on warranty card if he has it. Also check underneath the bottom bracket on the frame.

  17. #3767
    Senior Member ricohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by e_guevara View Post
    No.

    The stack height (vertical BB to top of top* tube height) on a size 52 is 52.9 cm, on a size 54 it's 54.6 cm. This would give you a drop difference of 1.7 cm.

    Something that an extra 15 mm spacer could solve.

    *EDIT: I meant to say head tube
    Ended up ordering the 54. I would have to get a longer seatpost to make the 52 fit and I am definately in between sizes here and either will fit.

  18. #3768
    RidingLikeCrazy! rangerdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Boone, North Carolina
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-6
    Posts
    5,030
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starjag View Post
    Drinking the kool-aid. Bought this 2012 CAAD10 5 on Thursday. Maiden 80km voyage yesterday.



    The kool-aid is good!

    Ok, I Gotta get me this jersey. Information please!!
    *********************************

    Rangerdavid

    2009 Cannondale CAAD 9-6
    2005 Raleigh M40


    Riding the mountains of North Carolina

    I do today what you don't , so I can do tomorrow what you can't

    "Absolutely imbecilic. But typical." ..... pcad

  19. #3769
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdavid View Post
    Ok, I Gotta get me this jersey. Information please!!
    Performance had them and so does Amazon. Not hard to find.
    Climbs like a stone, descends like two...

  20. #3770
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjp View Post
    Performance had them and so does Amazon. Not hard to find.
    There you go!

  21. #3771
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


  22. #3772
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Missouri City, TX currently on assignment in The Netherlands
    My Bikes
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 10-3, 2012 Cube LTD Pro, 1990 Cannondale Criterium 3.0
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    image.jpgAfter an 18 year layoff from cycling, I'm back on the road again with a 2012 CAAD10-3. Love this bike!
    Last edited by Rlewis9932; 09-21-12 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Add pic

  23. #3773
    blah blah blah milkbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elduderino2412 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Looking at a used 2012 CAAD 10 5 in black. Has anybody seen the black with RED handle bar tape new? All the pics I see show black tape. For some reason the red has me weirded out.....
    handlebar tape is only like $15 to replace. It came stock w/black, owner probably just changed it out.
    +1... none of my bikes has the stock bartape on them. I change it out right away usually to Fizik Dual or Cinelli cork to get my desired bar feel and color coordination.

  24. #3774
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlewis9932 View Post
    image.jpgAfter an 18 year layoff from cycling, I'm back on the road again with a 2012 CAAD10-3. Love this bike!
    Congrats!

  25. #3775
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    My Bikes
    2011 CAAD 10 4
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlewis9932 View Post
    image.jpgAfter an 18 year layoff from cycling, I'm back on the road again with a 2012 CAAD10-3. Love this bike!
    Great bike! Isn't it nice to be back on a bike? I did the same thing last year - bought a CAAD 10-4 after 22 years of not cycling. 17 months later I weigh less than I did 22 years ago and my resting heartrate is down to 45 bpm. Gotta love the bike.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •