Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 16 of 349 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 8723
  1. #376
    i got nothing. Crash716's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali Forn NI A (SoCal)
    My Bikes
    13 BH G6 with SRAM Red
    Posts
    5,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    T-1 day till i get the 10.
    14 days...

  2. #377
    Senior Member mvnsnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WNY
    My Bikes
    old bikes
    Posts
    1,962
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash716 View Post
    T-1 day till i get the 10.
    I'm curious to your review as the 10 is on my list of bikes for next year

  3. #378
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash716 View Post
    T-1 day till i get the 10.
    You're not sleeping tonight!


  4. #379
    Senior Member hkboy313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new york
    My Bikes
    caad9
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    question for yall caad9'ers' maybe this is a general question but i havent upgraded my wheels yet , using the rs10's, do they experience flex? reason why i ask, when climbing i can hear my wheels rubbing on the brakes...maybe the brakes are too close to the rim? (my shop says brakes should be close...but how close?) my brakes are centered and wheel is true +/- 1/64" .. any suggestions, ideas? thanks
    yeeha! lets go biking!

  5. #380
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hkboy313 View Post
    question for yall caad9'ers' maybe this is a general question but i havent upgraded my wheels yet , using the rs10's, do they experience flex? reason why i ask, when climbing i can hear my wheels rubbing on the brakes...maybe the brakes are too close to the rim? (my shop says brakes should be close...but how close?) my brakes are centered and wheel is true +/- 1/64" .. any suggestions, ideas? thanks
    Are your cables properly adjusted? Namely: Is the outer one brake cable forming nice straight arcs feeding into the stops?

  6. #381
    i got nothing. Crash716's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali Forn NI A (SoCal)
    My Bikes
    13 BH G6 with SRAM Red
    Posts
    5,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen View Post
    You're not sleeping tonight!

    it's a bike man, I am guessing it pedals just like the other i have owned. Not that excited really.
    14 days...

  7. #382
    Senior Member hkboy313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new york
    My Bikes
    caad9
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixnine View Post
    Are your cables properly adjusted? Namely: Is the outer one brake cable forming nice straight arcs feeding into the stops?
    my shop built the bike and it seems everything is fine...nice smooth loops to all brakes..
    yeeha! lets go biking!

  8. #383
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash716 View Post
    it's a bike man, I am guessing it pedals just like the other i have owned. Not that excited really.

    You're "guessing"?
    You mean you haven't ridden it yet?
    INFIDEL!

  9. #384
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hkboy313 View Post
    my shop built the bike and it seems everything is fine...nice smooth loops to all brakes..
    How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

  10. #385
    i got nothing. Crash716's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali Forn NI A (SoCal)
    My Bikes
    13 BH G6 with SRAM Red
    Posts
    5,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen View Post
    You're "guessing"?
    You mean you haven't ridden it yet?
    INFIDEL!
    nope, bought it without touching or seeing one in person. not worried about it, it's going to be a race bike, i know i like the geometry so that's all that matters.
    14 days...

  11. #386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hkboy313 View Post
    question for yall caad9'ers' maybe this is a general question but i havent upgraded my wheels yet , using the rs10's, do they experience flex? reason why i ask, when climbing i can hear my wheels rubbing on the brakes...maybe the brakes are too close to the rim? (my shop says brakes should be close...but how close?) my brakes are centered and wheel is true +/- 1/64" .. any suggestions, ideas? thanks
    I'm putting 280lbs of weight and tree trunk legs worth of power on the same wheels and don't have this problem. (I need to slim down but I am strong and feel like if this doesnt happen to me, it shouldnt to you either.)

    I like my brakes very close, so that you can juuuuuuuuuust see between them and the rim. they almost look like they are touching, thats how close they should be. or at least, that is how I've always had my brakes setup and seen them come from the shop.

    you may want to post in the mechanic forums on here. also, have you had your wheels trued since you bought the bike? could be off a bit?
    If you go by what people on BF say, anything you have that is not Trek, Specialized, Cannondale or Giant will someday explode next to a school bus full of orphans driven by a nun.

  12. #387
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    My Bikes
    1981 3rensho | Zunow Z-1 | Sakura | Vivalo Pro Special
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I created a thread about this but thought I'd ask here as well. Thinking about doing this for my Caad9:
    Gore Low Friction or Professional shifters & brakes + install/tuneup/clean for $120 or $150 respectively.
    Do it? or stick with Shimano shifters/ brakes?

  13. #388
    Senior Member hkboy313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new york
    My Bikes
    caad9
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BmoreDrew View Post
    I'm putting 280lbs of weight and tree trunk legs worth of power on the same wheels and don't have this problem. (I need to slim down but I am strong and feel like if this doesnt happen to me, it shouldnt to you either.)

    I like my brakes very close, so that you can juuuuuuuuuust see between them and the rim. they almost look like they are touching, thats how close they should be. or at least, that is how I've always had my brakes setup and seen them come from the shop.

    you may want to post in the mechanic forums on here. also, have you had your wheels trued since you bought the bike? could be off a bit?
    you weight 2x more than i do. i guess theres something wrong with my brake setup...i'll have to post this in the mech area..

    thanks guys!


    actually...i'll ask you guys now, how 'tight' should the skewer be fitting on the fork? my shop says turn it til the level can only go half way "locked" but a loose feel, then it should be safe (i asked cuz its a carbon fork) to completely lock the lever. maybe i need to lock it down tighter?
    Last edited by hkboy313; 11-25-10 at 03:52 AM. Reason: OH wait!
    yeeha! lets go biking!

  14. #389
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irvri View Post
    I created a thread about this but thought I'd ask here as well. Thinking about doing this for my Caad9:
    Gore Low Friction or Professional shifters & brakes + install/tuneup/clean for $120 or $150 respectively.
    Do it? or stick with Shimano shifters/ brakes?
    Confusing as written. But, the easy answer is get what you need first.
    If your CAAD needs a tune-up, shifters or cables won't matter.
    And yes, stick with Shimano period.

  15. #390
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hkboy313 View Post
    actually...i'll ask you guys now, how 'tight' should the skewer be fitting on the fork? my shop says turn it til the level can only go half way "locked" but a loose feel, then it should be safe (i asked cuz its a carbon fork) to completely lock the lever. maybe i need to lock it down tighter?
    Not sure, but are you saying you ride with the quick release not all the way locked? If so, you are asking for problems. That thing should be quite tight and fully locked. I suppose you can over do it, but it should be at least a firm press to get it fully closed. I had a front wheel fall off when I was kid doing wheelies on my banana seat bike and that was no fun. (Also had that frame break when the top tube/head tube weld failed. Those bikes were never made for what I did with it )

  16. #391
    Senior Member hkboy313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new york
    My Bikes
    caad9
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjp View Post
    Not sure, but are you saying you ride with the quick release not all the way locked? If so, you are asking for problems. That thing should be quite tight and fully locked. I suppose you can over do it, but it should be at least a firm press to get it fully closed. I had a front wheel fall off when I was kid doing wheelies on my banana seat bike and that was no fun. (Also had that frame break when the top tube/head tube weld failed. Those bikes were never made for what I did with it )
    id never ride my bike with anything loose or hanging!

    quick release is fulling locked. to unlock i pull it -180 deg. to lock it back in position i screw skewer til the lever is hanging gently at a 90 deg, that way i know its not too tight for the carbon fork, then full engage the skewer back to 180 deg.
    yeeha! lets go biking!

  17. #392
    Senior Member hkboy313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new york
    My Bikes
    caad9
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen View Post
    Confusing as written. But, the easy answer is get what you need first.
    If your CAAD needs a tune-up, shifters or cables won't matter.
    And yes, stick with Shimano period.
    SRAM all the way!
    yeeha! lets go biking!

  18. #393
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hkboy313 View Post
    id never ride my bike with anything loose or hanging!

    quick release is fulling locked. to unlock i pull it -180 deg. to lock it back in position i screw skewer til the lever is hanging gently at a 90 deg, that way i know its not too tight for the carbon fork, then full engage the skewer back to 180 deg.
    Sorry, guess I misread.

  19. #394
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hkboy313 View Post
    SRAM all the way!


    Alright, alright. I won't argue with a fellow NYer!


  20. #395
    Senior Member khill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My test ride on the CAAD 10 went well. My main purpose was to check sizing and the bike I rode wasn't really set up at all for me. I ended up going with a 54 and I was very suprised at how stiff and resposive it was. My order is in for my CAAD 10 and SuperSix Hi Mod, expected delivery in late Dec....

  21. #396
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bought a caad10 and a supersix?
    If you go by what people on BF say, anything you have that is not Trek, Specialized, Cannondale or Giant will someday explode next to a school bus full of orphans driven by a nun.

  22. #397
    CAADdict 2ndGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BF Heaven
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?
    Posts
    6,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KHill,


  23. #398
    + Velo_Tut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL.
    My Bikes
    Caad9 / Giant Advanced TCR
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really?!?! "cult of caad" only gets 17 pages?!?! That's it!!!!!! We're done?!? That's sad since i know there are a heck of a lot more caads out there...

  24. #399
    Knowing's half the battle SushiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale CAAD9 BB30, SRAM Red, Fulcrum Racing 3s
    Posts
    6,121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride from Estes Park to the visitors' center atop the mountain:




  25. #400
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^Was that up Trail Ridge Road? When? That road is closed now for the winter. I'd like to do that ride sometime but traffic sucks and the road is narrow and most of the cars are driven by out of state idiots that don't know how to drive in the mountains. I know they did some work on that road over the summer but not sure if it got any more bike friendly or not. I wish they would do a few "no car" days during the summer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •