Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 226 of 343 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 8564
  1. #5626
    Senior Member THSdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    My Bikes
    '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon
    Posts
    630
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schgr.cube View Post
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. And I'm too OCD to have mismatched parts, I'm still trying to figure out a way to make my Thomson seatpost clamp work!
    I'm pretty OCD about my cockpit matching my seatpost as well. I really enjoy the feel of the 3T Ergonova handlebars, but I'm not a fan of their seat post clamps.

    How do you all systematically go about lowering the weight of your bike? I'd love to drop a pound, which I think is pretty do-able since it's all stock. Just comparing weights of C2 stock parts with Ritchey and 3T parts to figure out the cost and weight savings for now.

    Considering:
    -C2 handlebar/stem/seatpost replacement with 3T Team, Ritchey (Easton, Thomson, FSA seem to be to heavy or lack comfortable handlebar drops or only has one part of interest)
    -HED Belgium handbuilt training wheel set (lighter than stock - provide better power transfer - Mavic could be used as back-up/trainer set)
    -Hollowgram MKV SL crank set - Less likely to happen, but a future possibility
    -Saddle replacement - I can't help but feel something more comfortable is out there

    I know it's the engine that matters, but the thought of having a bike I like a little bit more, or is slightly more comfortable is an intriguing thought. Most purchases will probably be made post-summer when components go on sale again. The prices I've seen on 3T cockpits lately is pretty encouraging.
    -THSdrummer
    Saving for: -
    Current Rides: 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3
    1988 Raleigh Talon (my dad's)
    Cycling Fan - NCAA DII Runner - Looking to finally join the cycling community

  2. #5627
    I am the Muffin Man Muffin Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD10 , Leader 722
    Posts
    2,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dropped almost a pound when I switched from the stock Shimano RS10 wheels to Velocity A23 laced to novatec hubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
    I've done more ridiculous things than ride 55mi for poon.

  3. #5628
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,667
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can drop a quarter of a pound with 50g tubes. Cheapest way to drop a lot of weight, and it's also in the place that matters most.

    Always start with the wheels, it's pretty much the only change you will actually notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  4. #5629
    Senior Member THSdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    My Bikes
    '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon
    Posts
    630
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    I dropped almost a pound when I switched from the stock Shimano RS10 wheels to Velocity A23 laced to novatec hubs.
    That's encouraging. My current wheel build idea would save around 505 grams over Mavic Aksium WTS (this also includes my switch to Continental G4000s), which is about 1.11 pounds. Still playing around with the wheel build idea. I'll talk to the local mechanic to see what he could build up that may or may not be a better deal.

    If the Mavic Aksium WTS includes tube weight, then that'd be a little less weight savings as my hand built set weight estimate includes everything but the tube. I'll look for the light weight tubes. Does this sacrifice flat protection drastically?
    -THSdrummer
    Saving for: -
    Current Rides: 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3
    1988 Raleigh Talon (my dad's)
    Cycling Fan - NCAA DII Runner - Looking to finally join the cycling community

  5. #5630
    Tour De French Fries Elduderino2412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My Bikes
    2010 Cervelo R3 SL & 2013 Airborne Goblin
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    You can drop a quarter of a pound with 50g tubes. Cheapest way to drop a lot of weight, and it's also in the place that matters most.

    Always start with the wheels, it's pretty much the only change you will actually notice.
    My tubes weigh zero grams, but sealant in each tire weighs about 35-40g.

  6. #5631
    I am the Muffin Man Muffin Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD10 , Leader 722
    Posts
    2,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THSdrummer View Post
    That's encouraging. My current wheel build idea would save around 505 grams over Mavic Aksium WTS (this also includes my switch to Continental G4000s), which is about 1.11 pounds. Still playing around with the wheel build idea. I'll talk to the local mechanic to see what he could build up that may or may not be a better deal.

    If the Mavic Aksium WTS includes tube weight, then that'd be a little less weight savings as my hand built set weight estimate includes everything but the tube. I'll look for the light weight tubes. Does this sacrifice flat protection drastically?
    I never actually weighed my RS10's, but from the weights posted on road.cc, I dropped 378g.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
    I've done more ridiculous things than ride 55mi for poon.

  7. #5632
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,094
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've been waiting three weeks for my LBS to get a CAAD10 in my size "Any day now".

    At least the crappy weather this week makes the waiting a little easier. I'm in no hurry to ride in 35 degree rain.

  8. #5633
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Supersix with Ultegra 6700, Windsor Knight with 5500
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schgr.cube View Post
    Pretty happy where the CAAD is at. Only thing I'm thinking of changing now is the wheels, would like something stiffer.
    I left the saddle bag on for most of the pictures, but staged the full shot for those who are coming from HrN.




    Stunning! My favorite color on the 10.

  9. #5634
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,667
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elduderino2412 View Post
    My tubes weigh zero grams, but sealant in each tire weighs about 35-40g.
    What tires?
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  10. #5635
    Tour De French Fries Elduderino2412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My Bikes
    2010 Cervelo R3 SL & 2013 Airborne Goblin
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    What tires?
    Fusion 3's. After you add weight of tires and sealant it's pretty much a wash vs GP4000s w/tubes, but tubeless rocks. I don't have to worry about flats.

  11. #5636
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,667
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elduderino2412 View Post
    Fusion 3's. After you add weight of tires and sealant it's pretty much a wash vs GP4000s w/tubes, but tubeless rocks. I don't have to worry about flats.
    I wish someone would make a list of all the tubeless tires available. My last two wheelsets, and the set I'm currently building are all tubeless ready. I just haven't done the research on tires.

    Down the road I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  12. #5637
    Senior Member THSdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    My Bikes
    '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon
    Posts
    630
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    I wish someone would make a list of all the tubeless tires available. My last two wheelsets, and the set I'm currently building are all tubeless ready. I just haven't done the research on tires.

    Down the road I guess.
    A tubeless conversion guide with a list of compatible wheels and tires would be pretty dang handy.

    I'd love to make the switch, but I'm honestly not even sure where to start.
    -THSdrummer
    Saving for: -
    Current Rides: 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3
    1988 Raleigh Talon (my dad's)
    Cycling Fan - NCAA DII Runner - Looking to finally join the cycling community

  13. #5638
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manweiser View Post
    Alright my fellow CAAD lovers. I've search and search and haven't found an answer I'm not satisfied with regarding max tire width that a CAAD9 will accept. I know 25mm tires will work, but how about 28mm like Continental's 4-season tire?

    I ask for a couple reasons. One, my CAAD9 has become the rain/crap-road bike now that its overshadowed by an EVO. And two, friend of mine starting talking about riding D2R2, which is a ride in Deerfield, MA, that is mostly on dirt/gravel roads. For that, I'm not quite sure whether the CAAD9 is the best choice even with 28mm tires. From reading ride reports, sounds like a cross bike is the way to go (and the wife doesn't understand how I could possibly need 3 bikes.)
    Conti 28 GP 4 seasons fit my 2012 CAAD10 just fine but the 28's really measure only 26. I'm also looking for a wider tire for dirt roads - Any one know if the new Challenge Almanzo or Eroica or Paris Roubaix tires will fit?

  14. #5639
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,667
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THSdrummer View Post
    A tubeless conversion guide with a list of compatible wheels and tires would be pretty dang handy.

    I'd love to make the switch, but I'm honestly not even sure where to start.
    Exactly my problem too, haha.

    If I look more into it, I'll shoot you the info I come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  15. #5640
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Posts
    6,565
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nagrom,
    You should find a list like you want in Road Bike Action Magazine. They did an article about the tubeless rims and tyres out now along with the ins and outs of installing a tubeless system and what it entails in the April 2013 issue. They have a list of tyres, wheels, accessories and they ranked several of the tubeless tyres that they tested. Hope this helps you out some.

    Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 04-12-13 at 05:12 AM.

  16. #5641
    Senior Member lechat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    s.e. tn.
    Posts
    1,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seymour1910 View Post
    So it's been a while since I posted my CAAD7. I recently did some changes so i decided to post. Changes are FSA wing pro compact bars, Jagwire cables and housing, BOYD Rouleurs (24/28) and a nice coat of Mcguires wax. Not HOT r NOT ready or as nice as a new CAAD10, but I think it looks pretty good for an eight year old bike. Sorry for the bottles in the cages, this was right after a 30 mile ride.

    Attachment 309324
    I wouldn't trade my Caad7 frame for a 10 if the offer ever presented itself. One of those new ones with the Black Lightning style logos would be tempting tho'.
    hillbilly

  17. #5642
    Member mrjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NE
    My Bikes
    CAAD10-5, Flash 29er 1
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    schgr.cube

    I know I said this last time you posted pics or your ride but really.... one of the sharpest looking rides I've seen. Everything you've done compliments the paint scheme very well. Yours and the stealth/matte black/darkgrey with gloss black lettering are definitely my 2 favorite paint schemes on the 10. That said, I have yet to see one of the black ones matched and photographed as well as yours. Kudos.
    2012 CAAD10-5 BBQ
    2011 Flash 29er 1 BBQ

  18. #5643
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,667
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    Nagrom,
    You should find a list like you want in Road Bike Action Magazine. They did an article about the tubeless rims and tyres out now along with the ins and outs of installing a tubeless system and what it entails in the April 2013 issue. They have a list of tyres, wheels, accessories and they ranked several of the tubeless tyres that they tested. Hope this helps you out some.

    Bill
    That's awesome, thanks. I'll definitely look into it!
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  19. #5644
    Junior Member dsheldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD 10 5
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have the 2013 Boyd Vitesse wheel set? Seems like a reasonably priced upgrade from my stock RS10s. The reviews from last year's model seem pretty darn goo.

  20. #5645
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL
    My Bikes
    Cannondale SuperSix
    Posts
    548
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsheldo View Post
    Does anyone have the 2013 Boyd Vitesse wheel set? Seems like a reasonably priced upgrade from my stock RS10s. The reviews from last year's model seem pretty darn goo.
    I wouldn't want any wheels made of goo.

  21. #5646
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    My Bikes
    CAAD9, CAADX
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick cold ride out with the powertap and training wheels. The CAAD9 is still alot of fun to ride.



    Last edited by wheelzqc; 04-12-13 at 02:01 PM.

  22. #5647
    Senior Member Reeses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Scott CR1 Pro, Eimei
    Posts
    669
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is $450 reasonable for a CAAD9 frame/fork/headset? It has a small dent in the top tube though... I'm looking to upgrade my Fuji Newest
    My bikes: http://www.pedalroom.com/members/ra4eae
    Rides: http://app.strava.com/athletes/1375551

  23. #5648
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,667
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeses View Post
    Is $450 reasonable for a CAAD9 frame/fork/headset? It has a small dent in the top tube though... I'm looking to upgrade my Fuji Newest
    I got a brand new (with warranty) CAAD10 Frame and Whisky 7 Carbon fork for 650 shipped.

    I think you can do a lot better. What year is it even?
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  24. #5649
    Senior Member seymour1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    My Bikes
    CAAD7
    Posts
    1,982
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvall91 View Post
    I wouldn't want any wheels made of goo.
    huh?

  25. #5650
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Posts
    6,565
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeses View Post
    Is $450 reasonable for a CAAD9 frame/fork/headset? It has a small dent in the top tube though... I'm looking to upgrade my Fuji Newest
    Too much for a frame set with a dent, that is a stress riser started and even though the new alloys are very good this is still not good on an aluminum frame (6061 alloy I believe,) regardless of the location of the dent. There have been better prices on CAAD9 framesets lately on eBay, watch there with putting in a "Watch" for that particular frameset, with or without the fork. Best of luck in finding a CAAD9 they are great frames.

    Bill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •