Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 276 of 343 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 8554
  1. #6876
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MingusDew View Post
    So I picked up my '13 CAAD10 4 Rival yesterday and took it for a ride this morning. I decided to snap a quick shot along the trail. I was so excited to take it out I forgot to remove the dork-disc *facepalm* ... I know I will receive no mercy from the 41, but I'm still thrilled to be riding my first road bike, first Cannondale, and first time clipless



    I got the bike from Just the Right Gear in Salem, VA. They sold the bike for $1300, and they have other great deals on Cannondales. So if anyone is interested in picking up a bike, and you're in the area, I definitely recommend giving them a call.
    That is a ridiculously great price. Im ashamed of what I paid now.

  2. #6877
    Senior Member longbeachgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Long Beach California
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx MXL; 2012 CAAD10; 2013 CAAD10 - The Silver and Black; Cannondale CAAD10 DI2 - The Black Dahlia; 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 DI2, The Black Mambo
    Posts
    3,260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bsramzy View Post
    That is a ridiculously great price. Im ashamed of what I paid now.
    Don't be. As long as you're riding it you'll get your money's worth. Enjoy it.

  3. #6878
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The longer you keep it the better of a buy it is! I just met a guy today that recently purchased a new bike (Trek Madone), he had been riding a Trek he bought in 1987. So I'd say regardless of the price, if you ride it long enough, you get your money's worth!

  4. #6879
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    My Bikes
    2014 CAAD10 3 (Ninja Stealth)
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimdurain View Post
    It still says "CAAD10" on the frame but you don't see it from the side. You can see it from the saddle though when looking down so every time you have to stop at traffic lights you can make sure that you are still riding this most awesome frame
    Got my black Ultegra on the weekend and it's a beauty. Frame looks even more awesome in reality and both the shop and myself got lots of compliments on it even from white-bike-fans.

    Here's a quite rough snapshot I took with my phone, still need to capture it accordingly with the big cam.



    The non-black parts are actually red and not pink.
    Hi Kimdurain,

    Nice bike. I just put my order in for the 2014 CAAD10 Ultegra Black bike. should be with me in 3 weeks. I bought my 2013 CAAD10 105 in feb and decided that since i am doing 200km+ per week, instead of buying a New saddle, Wheels, Groupset etc, just buy a new bike. i am getting $30 more than what i paid for my bike (although i am throwing in some accessories) & i have ridden it over 1500km. Just a quick question, on the Cannondale website, the fork looks a different shade of black than the rest of the frame. can you put my mind at rest at tell me if they match please?

    i had some issues with the BB on my 105 with creaking and that metalic pinging, but the lbs sorted that out. i just hope that BB on this bike has absolutely no problems.

  5. #6880
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Perrysburg, OH
    My Bikes
    2013 Cannondale CAAD10 5
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raatty View Post
    i had some issues with the BB on my 105 with creaking and that metalic pinging, but the lbs sorted that out. i just hope that BB on this bike has absolutely no problems.
    What was the eventual fix? I've been going in circles with my shop. They've replaced the bottom bracket bearing kit once and fully serviced it two more times. Each time the creaking/pinging goes away for about 100 miles, then returns. At this point they are going back to Cannondale to see about a warranty exchange of either the BB/crankset or the frame. It's been annoying to say the least...

  6. #6881
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,507
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLivingston View Post
    What was the eventual fix? I've been going in circles with my shop. They've replaced the bottom bracket bearing kit once and fully serviced it two more times. Each time the creaking/pinging goes away for about 100 miles, then returns. At this point they are going back to Cannondale to see about a warranty exchange of either the BB/crankset or the frame. It's been annoying to say the least...
    I had a similar issue with my Supersix. it gets frustrating and expensive! My issue ended up being the contact between my chainrings. They ended up lock-tighting it and all is good now.

  7. #6882
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    My Bikes
    2014 CAAD10 3 (Ninja Stealth)
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLivingston View Post
    What was the eventual fix? I've been going in circles with my shop. They've replaced the bottom bracket bearing kit once and fully serviced it two more times. Each time the creaking/pinging goes away for about 100 miles, then returns. At this point they are going back to Cannondale to see about a warranty exchange of either the BB/crankset or the frame. It's been annoying to say the least...
    I had done about 500km after buying the bike. Then the BB issue happened. The LBS just re-greased the bottom bracket. since then, i have put on another 500 - 750km and its been fine. If i wasn't selling the bike to get the Ultegra, i would probably be asking them to strip and re-grease every 3-4 months as i have read a lot of forums regarding the issue. If this happens with the new bike, i am going to research getting the BB replaced with a Chris King PF30, or an SRAM BB30, or something else, as it seems the FSA BB30 has issues. I really would not want to think that all CAAD10's have this issue so maybe i was a tad unlucky. Although the re-grease seems to be fine. I am not a techie regarding bikes and only started cycling in Feb. I hope that yours gets sorted out without any issues.

  8. #6883
    Senior Member longbeachgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Long Beach California
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx MXL; 2012 CAAD10; 2013 CAAD10 - The Silver and Black; Cannondale CAAD10 DI2 - The Black Dahlia; 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 DI2, The Black Mambo
    Posts
    3,260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the new 2013 CAAD10 Black INC that I bought.. Local shop had it for a good price so I had them order one for me. First ride today and the bike is SMOOTH. While shifting with the DI2 is great, the best benefit that I see from electronic shifting is that I no longer need to worry about trim - the front derailure does it automatically.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by longbeachgary; 09-20-13 at 01:53 PM.

  9. #6884
    Senior Member macca33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Australia
    My Bikes
    2011 CAAD10 Berzerker Ult6800 & 2012 CAAD10-Team Ult6800
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking rig there Gary - the matte black finish looks fantastic.

    cheers
    CAAD10 Berzerker - Ultegra6800
    CAAD10 Team - Ultegra6800

  10. #6885
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raatty View Post
    Hi Kimdurain,

    Nice bike. I just put my order in for the 2014 CAAD10 Ultegra Black bike. should be with me in 3 weeks. I bought my 2013 CAAD10 105 in feb and decided that since i am doing 200km+ per week, instead of buying a New saddle, Wheels, Groupset etc, just buy a new bike. i am getting $30 more than what i paid for my bike (although i am throwing in some accessories) & i have ridden it over 1500km. Just a quick question, on the Cannondale website, the fork looks a different shade of black than the rest of the frame. can you put my mind at rest at tell me if they match please?

    i had some issues with the BB on my 105 with creaking and that metalic pinging, but the lbs sorted that out. i just hope that BB on this bike has absolutely no problems.
    I may not be the best judge on this since I have problems to distingush very small color differences but for me it looks like it's the same shade of black. However the texture differs - probably since it's a different material. So this may cause the difference look depending on where the light is coming from (also on my photos).








  11. #6886
    Senior Member longbeachgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Long Beach California
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx MXL; 2012 CAAD10; 2013 CAAD10 - The Silver and Black; Cannondale CAAD10 DI2 - The Black Dahlia; 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 DI2, The Black Mambo
    Posts
    3,260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca33 View Post
    Great looking rig there Gary - the matte black finish looks fantastic.

    cheers
    Thank you.

  12. #6887
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That new ultegra looks soooo good. I was thinking about making the switch to Sram but I love the feel of Shimano equipment, so smooth and those new groups, even the Ultegra really arent that much heavier...and a light crankset paired with it would be great I believe.

  13. #6888
    Senior Member THSdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    My Bikes
    '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimdurain View Post
    I may not be the best judge on this since I have problems to distingush very small color differences but for me it looks like it's the same shade of black. However the texture differs - probably since it's a different material. So this may cause the difference look depending on where the light is coming from (also on my photos).







    Just delicious. I keep an eye on Ebay for a 2012 black/white frame, but this new frame is something fierce. I might start a savings fund just to try to pick one of these up when the 2015s come out (I enjoy discounts). I wish I could trade in my 2012 CAAD 3... The new Ultegra looks great as well. The hoods look like they're comfortable. I'm just not a fan of the way 6700 feels on the hoods. I do want to try SRAM, but the 6800 looks amazing.

    The red accents looks much better here. I was skeptical at first, but I do like them - and I usually don't like accents like that. Good work.

    If you decide you want a 10 speed, just PM me. I'll send you my 6700 for your 6800
    -THSdrummer
    Saving for: -
    Current Rides: 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3
    1988 Raleigh Talon (my dad's)
    Cycling Fan - NCAA DII Runner - Looking to finally join the cycling community

  14. #6889
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone's LBS have the white/blue/red 2014 CAAD 3 Ultegra in stock yet? I've been looking around for one with no luck. I called a few local shops and they aren't too sure when they'll get their stock in...does anyone have other info?

    This is the color:
    Last edited by dk2ck; 09-21-13 at 09:32 PM.

  15. #6890
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    England
    My Bikes
    Carrera Subway 2
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20130922_112100.jpg20130922_112111.jpg

    This is my first road bike, been on my first ride this morning after learning to use spd pedals on a car park.
    Still making lots of little adjustments to seat and bars, my seatpost looks quite high but it feels ok.
    Most importantly the bike is fantastic and new ultegra is quiet and precise and needs little effort. I keep lifting bike up i cant believe
    how light it is :-)

  16. #6891
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    OC
    My Bikes
    CAAD10
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your lbs should be able to order it for you through cannondale. Takes about a week or two

    Quote Originally Posted by dk2ck View Post
    Does anyone's LBS have the white/blue/red 2014 CAAD 3 Ultegra in stock yet? I've been looking around for one with no luck. I called a few local shops and they aren't too sure when they'll get their stock in...does anyone have other info?

    This is the color:

  17. #6892
    Digging deeper prankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    My Bikes
    CAAD10-3
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took my bike to OKC for business trip. Had a chance to ride the local route. There were more hills than I thought.

    I know, I know. It is a non-drive side picture.

    CAAD10
    Baldasian Custom CX

  18. #6893
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtrinh View Post
    Your lbs should be able to order it for you through cannondale. Takes about a week or two
    It turns out that Cannondale won't have these in a 48 cm until December 23rd. Being short sucks sometimes.

  19. #6894
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    My Bikes
    Felt
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMG_20130925_180732.jpg

    My newly built CAAD 5 with Rival / Force groupset and Rail 52 wheels by November.

  20. #6895
    Senior Member longbeachgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Long Beach California
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx MXL; 2012 CAAD10; 2013 CAAD10 - The Silver and Black; Cannondale CAAD10 DI2 - The Black Dahlia; 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 DI2, The Black Mambo
    Posts
    3,260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADSW View Post
    IMG_20130925_180732.jpg

    My newly built CAAD 5 with Rival / Force groupset and Rail 52 wheels by November.
    very nice.

  21. #6896
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dk2ck View Post
    It turns out that Cannondale won't have these in a 48 cm until December 23rd. Being short sucks sometimes.
    Yes. I've got the same problem here. Lots of great clearances on new 2013 bicycles I can't fit in and nice used bikes prices on craigslist. I can go one size higher and find there's lots of bikes I can suddenly buy but I don't feel natural on it. Better not to tempt myself and end up selling it later.

  22. #6897
    Senior Member THSdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    My Bikes
    '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADSW View Post
    IMG_20130925_180732.jpg

    My newly built CAAD 5 with Rival / Force groupset and Rail 52 wheels by November.
    I'm curious how on your impression of the Rail 52. I'd also like a long term review in the future, if you don't mind.

    I'm looking at a set of aluminum clincher wheels for training, but the Rail by November is a tempting aero carbon option, although a bit out of my price range right now.
    -THSdrummer
    Saving for: -
    Current Rides: 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3
    1988 Raleigh Talon (my dad's)
    Cycling Fan - NCAA DII Runner - Looking to finally join the cycling community

  23. #6898
    A T G S
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    My Bikes
    caad8 cross, quick carbon, truefabrication road
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am building up a caad8 cross bike this weekend. Matte black frame, full rival group (carbon force crank), aksium wheels for the moment, black seatpost/stem (undecided).

    I am thinking red bar tape, red cabling and red/black seat....I will post pics once its done

  24. #6899
    Senior Member seymour1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    My Bikes
    CAAD7
    Posts
    1,960
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zrossiter View Post
    I am building up a caad8 cross bike this weekend. Matte black frame, full rival group (carbon force crank), aksium wheels for the moment, black seatpost/stem (undecided).

    I am thinking red bar tape, red cabling and red/black seat....I will post pics once its done
    looking forward to it, dont just take pics of the finished product, document it as you go. It will be fun to watch it come together. I think Nagrom was the last person that documented his as he was building it, then gave us a final shot. Very interesting.

    I would love to strip down my CAAD7 and build it with a full Rival group but lack the funding for it right now so I'll live through you

  25. #6900
    A T G S
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    My Bikes
    caad8 cross, quick carbon, truefabrication road
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seymour1910 View Post
    looking forward to it, dont just take pics of the finished product, document it as you go. It will be fun to watch it come together. I think Nagrom was the last person that documented his as he was building it, then gave us a final shot. Very interesting.

    I would love to strip down my CAAD7 and build it with a full Rival group but lack the funding for it right now so I'll live through you
    Yea will do. It will be a (hopefully) quick build this friday night at my friends shop. I have the wheels/group from a past build. The frame I got for a good deal, all I need really is seat/post, stem, bars, cables, and tires. My road bike is an optimo in the same matte black. I keep saying my next bike will be some bright color but these things just keep falling into place haha

    I got a carbon quick frame (matte black again) for free, as well that will get built up. I have an older steel (Franklin) frame that I need to rebuild too...these will be projects to get done before spring, waiting to find some deals on CL or ebay once winter hits

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •