Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 310 of 355 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 8851
  1. #7726
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i got caught in the rain on both my bike before. and never had a problem with the bb. but my CAAD10 and superSIx are equip with hollow gram cranks. And most importantly i clean my bikes after every ride so that goes a long way i guest.

  2. #7727
    Senior Member dking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St Johns, FL
    My Bikes
    Caad 10 *Gulf Racing
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq View Post
    Apartment living:
    Wow ! Now that's what I call "Bike Porn" ! :O
    CAAD 10 *Gulf Racing

  3. #7728
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rep. of Dallas
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the kitties is entertained.

  4. #7729
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Central Cali
    My Bikes
    The Cult
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq View Post
    Apartment living:
    I have to sleep next to my bike because there is no room in my apartment. If my gf is over and I wake up just right, my head will hit the handle bars

    #n +1problems

  5. #7730
    bt
    bt is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,203
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prankster View Post
    Updates:
    Ditched BB30 and Quarq crankset
    Praxis works BB30 adapter
    Ultegra 6800 crankset
    Stages PM
    Fizik stem

    chain's too long.

  6. #7731
    Digging deeper prankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    My Bikes
    CAAD10-3
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bt View Post
    chain's too long.
    Umm not really. It's not sagging. Followed shimano's manual + 1 link just in case if I need to change from 11-25 to 11-27 for hillier races.

    If you were correct, then this PRO-mechanic had done something wrong.

    IMG_3387.jpg
    Last edited by prankster; 03-06-14 at 10:46 PM.
    CAAD10
    Baldasian Custom CX

  7. #7732
    Senior Member THSdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    My Bikes
    '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon
    Posts
    658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently cleaned up my bike. Finally committed to the shower method.

    CAAD10_Shower.jpg

    It's no wonder I'm still single.
    -THSdrummer
    Saving for: -
    Current Rides: 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3
    1988 Raleigh Talon (my dad's)
    Cycling Fan - NCAA DII Runner - Looking to finally join the cycling community

  8. #7733
    Senior Member Doughboy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wild and Wonderful
    My Bikes
    2014 CAAD10-3 2000 LeMond BA
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THSdrummer View Post
    Recently cleaned up my bike. Finally committed to the shower method.

    CAAD10_Shower.jpg

    It's no wonder I'm still single.
    Did that myself yesterday! And then I started wondering...should I be concerned about getting water in the BB?

  9. #7734
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rep. of Dallas
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THSdrummer View Post
    Recently cleaned up my bike. Finally committed to the shower method.

    CAAD10_Shower.jpg

    It's no wonder I'm still single.
    I approve of this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy6 View Post
    Did that myself yesterday! And then I started wondering...should I be concerned about getting water in the BB?
    Do you ride in the rain?

  10. #7735
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    four 1 OHHH , Maryland
    My Bikes
    nagasawa, fuji track pro
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 01silver4 View Post
    I guest this is boring right? some of the the baddest and fastest machines in the world sports this color. I wonder if i would look boring going down the road in one of these? and one more thing black is timeless.Attachment 367339
    yes you would look like a kook because that car aint even real. bugatti veyron with some nissan 350z body kit on it. 'stealth' stuff is the worst. Unless you are riding dirty in one of these.



    winter needs to get lost

  11. #7736
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prankster View Post
    Can't comment on the Stages PM yet. I have yet had a chance to ride it since I finished putting it together. A fellow teammate has been using the Stages PM for over a year. He has no complaint. These are reasons why I chose Stages PM (descending order).

    1. I hate BB30. Period.
    2. I like 6800 crankset for its flexibility. I can change from compact to std chain rings without changing the spider/crankarm.
    3. For the same flexibility reason, I can move the Stages PM to another bike very easy.
    4. Stages PM + 6800 crankset is lighter than any crank based PM.
    5. Having a full Shimano drivetrain is aesthetically pleasing.
    BB30 aside, a hollowgram crank would meet these criteria and be lighter still and it's a pretty sick looking crank with with spidering.

    Not a caad, but...

    Climbs like a stone, descends like two...

  12. #7737
    Digging deeper prankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    My Bikes
    CAAD10-3
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjp View Post
    BB30 aside, a hollowgram crank would meet these criteria and be lighter still and it's a pretty sick looking crank with with spidering.

    Not a caad, but...

    True. While I don't dislike the Hollowgram cranks... They are freakin expensive. I got my 6800 crankset for $240.
    CAAD10
    Baldasian Custom CX

  13. #7738
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prankster View Post
    True. While I don't dislike the Hollowgram cranks... They are freakin expensive. I got my 6800 crankset for $240.
    Awesome isn't cheap.
    Climbs like a stone, descends like two...

  14. #7739
    Member fizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    My Bikes
    2014 Caad 10, 2010 Bianchi Pista via Condotti. 2009 Kona Zing
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prankster View Post
    True. While I don't dislike the Hollowgram cranks... They are freakin expensive. I got my 6800 crankset for $240.

    Tell me about it, been looking up some hollowgrams on ebay, even the older stuff is rediciulously out of my price range. May have to look into different alternatives if i want to upgrade in the near future. For now im picking up some older hollowgram chain rings to replace the chrome FSAs the caad10 3 came with just to black out the bike a bit more, mere aesthetic purposes.

    Do hollowgrams eliminate the issues associated with bb30 all together?

  15. #7740
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
    Do hollowgrams eliminate the issues associated with bb30 all together?
    Pretty sure most BB30 issues are shell or bearing issues not crank issues.

    I noticed the Evo is using PF30. Is this supposed to be better than straight BB30? Why not build the caad with PF30 if that's the case.
    Climbs like a stone, descends like two...

  16. #7741
    Member fizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    My Bikes
    2014 Caad 10, 2010 Bianchi Pista via Condotti. 2009 Kona Zing
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you think about these:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannondale-H...e#ht_559wt_662

    Not these exactly, as Im not quite sure what size crank arms till I get a closer look when I get home. Or is ditching the bb30 all together a better option.

  17. #7742
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not a hollowgram crank. Looks like it's a carbon FSA but not sure what model. You can't ditch BB30 unless you buy a non BB30 bike. You can put an adapter in and use different cranks but I don't really get the benefit of doing that. You now have another piece in there to creak or whatever plus the added weight. If someone wants to use non BB30 cranks I think it would be best to just buy a non BB30 bike. If you have BB30 then live with it. It's not that bad and some argue better.
    Climbs like a stone, descends like two...

  18. #7743
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rep. of Dallas
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
    Tell me about it, been looking up some hollowgrams on ebay, even the older stuff is rediciulously out of my price range. May have to look into different alternatives if i want to upgrade in the near future. For now im picking up some older hollowgram chain rings to replace the chrome FSAs the caad10 3 came with just to black out the bike a bit more, mere aesthetic purposes.

    Do hollowgrams eliminate the issues associated with bb30 all together?
    I'd like to eventually end-up with a Power2Max meter, SI crank arms, maybe Praxis rings.

  19. #7744
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rep. of Dallas
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjp View Post
    That's not a hollowgram crank. Looks like it's a carbon FSA but not sure what model. You can't ditch BB30 unless you buy a non BB30 bike. You can put an adapter in and use different cranks but I don't really get the benefit of doing that. You now have another piece in there to creak or whatever plus the added weight. If someone wants to use non BB30 cranks I think it would be best to just buy a non BB30 bike. If you have BB30 then live with it. It's not that bad and some argue better.
    You make it sound like there are good, CAAD10 competitors out there with an English BB. The frame is the soul, that's why I'm running an adapter.

  20. #7745
    Digging deeper prankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    My Bikes
    CAAD10-3
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
    What you think about these:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannondale-H...e#ht_559wt_662

    Not these exactly, as Im not quite sure what size crank arms till I get a closer look when I get home. Or is ditching the bb30 all together a better option.
    Like Bikerjp said. Crankset isn't the issue. The BB design is the issue. I can understand why BB30 is so appealing to bike manufacturers apart from the arguable "stiffer" claim.

    Some people use Wheels Manufacturing BB30 adapter they claimed it fixed the issue due to plastic to metal contact. I'm still skeptical with the lack of sealing. So I went to the more expensive route, Praxis Works BB30 adapter. Please do research before making any decision. Don't just believe the internet.
    CAAD10
    Baldasian Custom CX

  21. #7746
    Beer >> Sanity bikerjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc
    Posts
    3,449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq View Post
    You make it sound like there are good, CAAD10 competitors out there with an English BB. The frame is the soul, that's why I'm running an adapter.
    point taken.
    Climbs like a stone, descends like two...

  22. #7747
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rep. of Dallas
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjp View Post
    point taken.
    I did all I could to talk myself into CC slamming an SISL crank when I bought the frame, but I couldn't take the pain.

  23. #7748
    Member fizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    My Bikes
    2014 Caad 10, 2010 Bianchi Pista via Condotti. 2009 Kona Zing
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input guys. Yea what i meant was ditching the BB30 cranks and going with an adapter and another crank setup of sorts. Well make sure you keep us updated on your new build, Im curious to know how that turns out for you.

  24. #7749
    Member fizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    My Bikes
    2014 Caad 10, 2010 Bianchi Pista via Condotti. 2009 Kona Zing
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question about:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannondale-H...e#ht_559wt_662

    I can use already installed BB and bearings in frame correct? just pop off my exsisting FSA arms/rings?

  25. #7750
    Senior Member Doughboy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wild and Wonderful
    My Bikes
    2014 CAAD10-3 2000 LeMond BA
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq View Post

    Do you ride in the rain?
    Nah, how else am I supposed to sell it on Ebay if I can't say... Like new, only 50 miles, never been ridden in the rain, or snow.

    Oh in case it is actually needed (international symbol for sarcasm)

    And point taken

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •