Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 315 of 343 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 8564
  1. #7851
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    four 1 OHHH , Maryland
    My Bikes
    nagasawa, fuji track pro
    Posts
    2,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Z View Post
    cool i used to have a bike doctor team edition frame!

  2. #7852
    Senior Member Fiery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @chaser97, to be clear - if you have the chance, by all means do try a 50cm with all the contact points set up to match your current fit. As much as all the points might make sense in theory, what feels better is better

  3. #7853
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Williamsburg, Tennesse.
    My Bikes
    All have flats.
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My beloved CAAD10 was stripped a while back by bike thieves. Lil' turds jacked everything except the frame/BB/Cranks/Rear wheel.

    Don't have the funds for a fork as of yet, but I'd like to know what rake I should be looking for. I have a 48cm frame. The Cannondale website list the rake as 50mm, but I've read another discussion where another person getting a fork stated that the website is incorrect on the rake info.

    Any Caad10 48cm owners know if the rake is 45 or 50? Thanks!

  4. #7854
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    My Bikes
    Felt Z4, CAAD10
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I demoed my first CAAD10 (2013 SRAM FORCE) & holy crap this is an amazing & smooth & fast accelerating feeling bike. I liked the responsiveness & the way the power gets put down better then the low end Supersix I rode immediately after. It was also my first time trying SRAM which I was quite impressed with. I currently ride a Carbon bike and the CAAD10 felt great! So much so I must find one. The CAAD10 feels like a nice Carbon bike. I want to join the CAAD10 Cult but only flat/matte black will due. I explored painting options and it seems that is just money down the hole($400?). Found some great deals on 2013 BLK INC, but refuse to buy since I cant upgrade it to a mechanical group. I must either get a 2014 CAAD10 3, or 2014 Black Inc the later of which a little hard to justify price-wise but it does have the SRAM & I wouldn't need to change a single thing ever other then maybe a seat. I am trying to convince myself now that I probably would spend the same amount as the current BLK Inc cost over the course of 1-2 years with upgrades so maybe its cheaper bite the bullet. I think I would be pretty happy geting the 2013 SRAM FORCE model and possibly attempt to paint a flat/matte black myself. My current bike is a FELT Z4 which I will probably keep, but I need to join the CULT!

  5. #7855
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Central Cali
    My Bikes
    The Cult
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igotyofire View Post
    So I demoed my first CAAD10 (2013 SRAM FORCE) & holy crap this is an amazing & smooth & fast accelerating feeling bike. I liked the responsiveness & the way the power gets put down better then the low end Supersix I rode immediately after. It was also my first time trying SRAM which I was quite impressed with. I currently ride a Carbon bike and the CAAD10 felt great! So much so I must find one. The CAAD10 feels like a nice Carbon bike. I want to join the CAAD10 Cult but only flat/matte black will due. I explored painting options and it seems that is just money down the hole($400?). Found some great deals on 2013 BLK INC, but refuse to buy since I cant upgrade it to a mechanical group. I must either get a 2014 CAAD10 3, or 2014 Black Inc the later of which a little hard to justify price-wise but it does have the SRAM & I wouldn't need to change a single thing ever other then maybe a seat. I am trying to convince myself now that I probably would spend the same amount as the current BLK Inc cost over the course of 1-2 years with upgrades so maybe its cheaper bite the bullet. I think I would be pretty happy geting the 2013 SRAM FORCE model and possibly attempt to paint a flat/matte black myself. My current bike is a FELT Z4 which I will probably keep, but I need to join the CULT!
    If you're going to paint it buy a used frame and build up a bike how you want it. Repainting the frame will void the whole warranty. As far as ultegra v sram, personal preference. If I were you, I would get the 3 and save money. Shifting is shifting. Then when you need to replace everything, upgrade to sram.

    Gives you motivation to ride at least


    But if you can afford the black inc then why not. I settled for a color choice was not fond of and even though it's growing on me, it still has a ways to go.

  6. #7856
    Senior Member link0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    '11 Merlin Extralight, '98 Dean Castanza, '89 Schwinn Prologue
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igotyofire View Post
    So I demoed my first CAAD10 (2013 SRAM FORCE) & holy crap this is an amazing & smooth & fast accelerating feeling bike. I liked the responsiveness & the way the power gets put down better then the low end Supersix I rode immediately after. It was also my first time trying SRAM which I was quite impressed with. I currently ride a Carbon bike and the CAAD10 felt great! So much so I must find one. The CAAD10 feels like a nice Carbon bike. I want to join the CAAD10 Cult but only flat/matte black will due. I explored painting options and it seems that is just money down the hole($400?). Found some great deals on 2013 BLK INC, but refuse to buy since I cant upgrade it to a mechanical group. I must either get a 2014 CAAD10 3, or 2014 Black Inc the later of which a little hard to justify price-wise but it does have the SRAM & I wouldn't need to change a single thing ever other then maybe a seat. I am trying to convince myself now that I probably would spend the same amount as the current BLK Inc cost over the course of 1-2 years with upgrades so maybe its cheaper bite the bullet. I think I would be pretty happy geting the 2013 SRAM FORCE model and possibly attempt to paint a flat/matte black myself. My current bike is a FELT Z4 which I will probably keep, but I need to join the CULT!
    The 2012 CAAD10 105 is matte black with white lettering.

  7. #7857
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by link0 View Post
    The 2012 CAAD10 105 is matte black with white lettering.
    Well it's not all matte black, the rear portion is mostly grey/graphite.
    Last edited by Nebby10; 03-20-14 at 06:54 AM.

  8. #7858
    Senior Member link0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    '11 Merlin Extralight, '98 Dean Castanza, '89 Schwinn Prologue
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebby10 View Post
    Well it's not all matte black, the rear portion is mostly grey/graphite.
    True, but I think it looks great.
    Last edited by link0; 03-20-14 at 03:49 PM.

  9. #7859
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    QC Canada
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by link0 View Post
    True, but I think it looks great.

    That is the exact model I was looking for until I got my deal for my 2013 Rival black/white CAAD10. that right there is a slick looking machine.
    2013 CAAD10 4
    2011 Giant XTC 29er

  10. #7860
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same frame and I agree it looks great. Just wanted to point out it's not fully matte black since it sounded like igotyofire was really looking for matte black.

  11. #7861
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Central Cali
    My Bikes
    The Cult
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpMyBike View Post
    That is the exact model I was looking for until I got my deal for my 2013 Rival black/white CAAD10. that right there is a slick looking machine.
    They need to bring back the simple colors again. Their team colors are always a winner but then they try to go all fancy with the black/red, blue/white/red, etc...

    The black and yellow one was hideous

    The gulf colors are ugly enough to be liked for its ugliness I actually like this for some reason



    I call them, "Cannondale's 1 and done" schemes.

  12. #7862
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    QC Canada
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ To me that is the ugliest of them all. To each their own I guess.
    2013 CAAD10 4
    2011 Giant XTC 29er

  13. #7863
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,389
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Sarcasm View Post
    They need to bring back the simple colors again. Their team colors are always a winner but then they try to go all fancy with the black/red, blue/white/red, etc...

    The black and yellow one was hideous

    The gulf colors are ugly enough to be liked for its ugliness I actually like this for some reason



    I call them, "Cannondale's 1 and done" schemes.
    Love that color! Would ride.
    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

  14. #7864
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    four 1 OHHH , Maryland
    My Bikes
    nagasawa, fuji track pro
    Posts
    2,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpMyBike View Post
    ^^ To me that is the ugliest of them all. To each their own I guess.
    gulf is pretty bad. The liquigas color scheme is bad too.

  15. #7865
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    My Bikes
    Felt Z4, CAAD10
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Sarcasm View Post
    If you're going to paint it buy a used frame and build up a bike how you want it. Repainting the frame will void the whole warranty. As far as ultegra v sram, personal preference. If I were you, I would get the 3 and save money. Shifting is shifting. Then when you need to replace everything, upgrade to sram.

    Gives you motivation to ride at least


    But if you can afford the black inc then why not. I settled for a color choice was not fond of and even though it's growing on me, it still has a ways to go.
    Hmm...My other dilema with the FORCE is it is a 58cm and im a 60cm which isn't so much of a problem as I prefer the smaller lighter bike, I think I can resolve it with a longer seatpost & stem after talking to my fitter which kind of neglects the cost saving, After thinking about it I'm leaning towards the CAAD10 3 which was out of stock....I've got quite a dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Sarcasm View Post
    They need to bring back the simple colors again. Their team colors are always a winner but then they try to go all fancy with the black/red, blue/white/red, etc...

    The black and yellow one was hideous

    The gulf colors are ugly enough to be liked for its ugliness I actually like this for some reason



    I call them, "Cannondale's 1 and done" schemes.
    The shop I walked into had two of those sitting around.....



    Quote Originally Posted by link0 View Post
    The 2012 CAAD10 105 is matte black with white lettering.
    The 2012 doesn't have the speedsave in the stays right? Can anyone comment if that makes a noticeable difference in the ride?
    Last edited by igotyofire; 03-20-14 at 06:35 PM.

  16. #7866
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,528
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1098r View Post
    Just got my new toy.
    Holy ish, I love it! Green logo's and all! You a street poser on that 1098r or do you take it to the track and drag your balls like a real rider?

  17. #7867
    Senior Member link0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    '11 Merlin Extralight, '98 Dean Castanza, '89 Schwinn Prologue
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igotyofire View Post
    The 2012 doesn't have the speedsave in the stays right? Can anyone comment if that makes a noticeable difference in the ride?
    CAAD10 5 105

    It does. All CAAD10 model years frames are completely identical, except for paint.

    BTW, "speedsave" is just a marketing giberish for small diameter stays. Thin stays are allegedly more comfortable, but everyone makes stays pretty thin these days.

  18. #7868
    Senior Member thewilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    MA
    My Bikes
    Wad of bees special
    Posts
    580
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local shop offered me a deal on a 6800 crank, so obviously I completed the gruppo. Soon I'll change the tape and cut the steerer.

  19. #7869
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 2700 mile on the 1098r, all of them on the track. I have a 1098 tricolore for the street that's my poser.

  20. #7870
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,528
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1098r View Post
    About 2700 mile on the 1098r, all of them on the track. I have a 1098 tricolore for the street that's my poser.
    Atta boy! Either you have a healthy paying job and have no wife and kids or you have a VERY healthy income with a wife and kids. Lol bravo. I used to track race with my gsxr 600. Man I miss that but I couldn't afford both. Love your bicycle's man

  21. #7871
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by link0 View Post
    CAAD10 5 105

    It does. All CAAD10 model years frames are completely identical, except for paint.

    BTW, "speedsave" is just a marketing giberish for small diameter stays. Thin stays are allegedly more comfortable, but everyone makes stays pretty thin these days.
    2014 models have swappable cable stops for internal routing of electronic groupsets, otherwise yes, they're all identical.

  22. #7872
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    Atta boy! Either you have a healthy paying job and have no wife and kids or you have a VERY healthy income with a wife and kids. Lol bravo. I used to track race with my gsxr 600. Man I miss that but I couldn't afford both. Love your bicycle's man
    I have 3 kids an a wife. No big income , I am just a welder at case new holland. Since I can't afford motorcycle racing I started riding Bycicle it's allot cheaper. I still got my gsxr an r6 for went I could race again.

  23. #7873
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    My Bikes
    Felt Z4, CAAD10
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by link0 View Post
    CAAD10 5 105

    It does. All CAAD10 model years frames are completely identical, except for paint.

    BTW, "speedsave" is just a marketing giberish for small diameter stays. Thin stays are allegedly more comfortable, but everyone makes stays pretty thin these days.
    They didn't start advertising the stays having speedsave until 2013 , prior to that on their site I only see it on the forks, but everyone is telling me it has been there all along?

  24. #7874
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,668
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igotyofire View Post
    They didn't start advertising the stays having speedsave until 2013 , prior to that on their site I only see it on the forks, but everyone is telling me it has been there all along?
    Yup, its on my '12, as well as everybody else's.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  25. #7875
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,528
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1098r View Post
    I have 3 kids an a wife. No big income , I am just a welder at case new holland. Since I can't afford motorcycle racing I started riding Bycicle it's allot cheaper. I still got my gsxr an r6 for went I could race again.

    Wow, Bravo! Yes it is a lot cheaper.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •