Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 323 of 344 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 8581
  1. #8051
    Senior Member seymour1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    My Bikes
    CAAD7
    Posts
    1,993
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't get much negative talk about any CAAD in this thread. I am still riding my CAAD7 and it's a great bike. I don't know what model that is that you're looking at. It looks to be about a 2006 or so.

    If you like it, buy it. There is a guy here selling a CAAD10 frame within your budget, but I'm not sure how much he would charge to ship accross the country. 2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 frameset

  2. #8052
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannondale CAAD9, 1989 Centurion Ironman Master Dave Scott
    Posts
    2,040
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you say that these two bikes are the same year/model (one is the picture I posted earlier):

    Cannondale 56cm Optimo Frame Set Made in USA | eBay

    56cm Cannondale Caad Aluminum Alloy Frame Frameset Frame Road Bike | eBay

    Mostly trying to find geo chart to see if I can fit them. I usually ride bike with a 54.5-55.5 top tube.

    The idea of waiting for CAAD10 is enticing and there is a 56 up for auction now that will probably end over $600 plus +55 shipping

    The thing is that right now I am mainly looking to upgrade the frame on a bikesdirect bike I got last year. Bike has full sram apex, ritchey components and decent wheels so I want to reuse it all and with the CAAD10 I will have to get a new FD and either get an adpater for the BB30 or get new BB and crank and whatever frame I get I'm trying to avoid going down a rabbit hole of spending
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/rms13

  3. #8053
    Senior Member THSdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    My Bikes
    '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to open a can of worms here, but I'm anxious.

    When do the new models typically get released? As far as telling the public what will be offered the following year.

    These rumors of a CAAD10 track bike are just to much for me. I sort of want to give track racing a go. If the CAAD10 track bike was at the same price point as the competitor from Specialized or something, I'd certainly spring for a CAAD10. I am curious to see what they do to the road version (if anything), but mostly I want an answer to this track bike question!
    -THSdrummer
    Saving for: -
    Current Rides: 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3
    1988 Raleigh Talon (my dad's)
    Cycling Fan - NCAA DII Runner - Looking to finally join the cycling community

  4. #8054
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Perrysburg, OH
    My Bikes
    2013 Cannondale CAAD10 5
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I ordered mine in June/July of 2012, I had the option of the 2012 or the 2013 models. I picked 2013 and took delivery in late July/early August.

  5. #8055
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannondale CAAD9, 1989 Centurion Ironman Master Dave Scott
    Posts
    2,040
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Age old question, what size should I get? I am hair under 5'11 and cycling inseam of 33". I generally prefer a 55cm top tube which puts me between 54 and 56 caad. I know I should go sit on some and I probably will tomorrow but I will probably get something used. Seen a few ultegra on Craigslist for the price of a new 105
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/rms13

  6. #8056
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    four 1 OHHH , Maryland
    My Bikes
    nagasawa, fuji track pro
    Posts
    2,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's my caad that i changed bits around to serve a purpose (merckx style TT). And it served its purpose well and WON!!

    130mm stem. 50cm caad. it was a strange feeling

    Last edited by jdms mvp; 05-02-14 at 10:28 AM.

  7. #8057
    I am the Muffin Man Muffin Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD10 , Leader 722
    Posts
    2,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you have tape on your cranks?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
    I've done more ridiculous things than ride 55mi for poon.

  8. #8058
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    four 1 OHHH , Maryland
    My Bikes
    nagasawa, fuji track pro
    Posts
    2,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Why do you have tape on your cranks?
    in search of marginal gainzzzz #aeroiseverything lol
    (non caad10 picture of contador's whip here)

    all this nonsense probably brough me on par with dudes rollin up on venges foils and s5 =(

  9. #8059
    I am the Muffin Man Muffin Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD10 , Leader 722
    Posts
    2,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdms mvp View Post
    in search of marginal gainzzzz #aeroiseverything lol
    (non caad10 picture of contador's whip here)

    all this nonsense probably brough me on par with dudes rollin up on venges foils and s5 =(
    Oh. Ok haha. Whatever works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
    I've done more ridiculous things than ride 55mi for poon.

  10. #8060
    Digging deeper prankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    My Bikes
    CAAD10-3
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruh roh... That is a sensitive subject around here.

    I used to own a CAAD9. They ride relatively the same. Only pros could tell the difference. However, what I can tell you is that CAAD10 is lighter.

    Good luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by rms13 View Post
    Cool. But is there any argument for any older CAAD frames or is the CAAD10 the be all end all best CAAD ever made?
    CAAD10
    Baldasian Custom CX

  11. #8061
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    My Bikes
    Felt Z4, CAAD10
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rms13 View Post
    Age old question, what size should I get? I am hair under 5'11 and cycling inseam of 33". I generally prefer a 55cm top tube which puts me between 54 and 56 caad. I know I should go sit on some and I probably will tomorrow but I will probably get something used. Seen a few ultegra on Craigslist for the price of a new 105
    Sounds like u are a 56 to me at that height, the CAAD10 comes with a very short 250mm seat post which is easily changed, keep that in mind when you go sit on them/demo them.

  12. #8062
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rep. of Dallas
    Posts
    761
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igotyofire View Post
    Sounds like u are a 56 to me at that height, the CAAD10 comes with a very short 250mm seat post which is easily changed, keep that in mind when you go sit on them/demo them.
    I have similar measurements and my 54cm frame is a little big for me.

  13. #8063
    Senior Member 2702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    My Bikes
    14 Specialized Sirrus Expert Disc, 14 Spec Allez Race
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a CAAD today. Its a 13 Caad 8 105, added a shorter stem 80mm and 10 degrees rise cause I am not the most flexible guy in the world. Love it, so sporty. Was thinking of Domane and it would compliment my Madone but just could not find much excitement in the handling.
    I only checked out out the bike due to this review. http://road.cc/content/review/50515-...e-caad8-tiagra
    Last edited by 2702; 05-02-14 at 09:05 PM.

  14. #8064
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannondale CAAD9, 1989 Centurion Ironman Master Dave Scott
    Posts
    2,040
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    caad9.jpgPicked this up today. CAAD9 with EC 90 fork, EA 90 stem, Ritchey WCS seat post along with some extras. Going to build with my Apex group and boat anchorish vueluta wheelset for now. Still a huge upgrade from my existing road bike so I'm pretty excited to join the club
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/rms13

  15. #8065
    Senior Member longbeachgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Long Beach California
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx MXL; 2012 CAAD10; 2013 CAAD10 - The Silver and Black; Cannondale CAAD10 DI2 - The Black Dahlia; 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 DI2, The Black Mambo
    Posts
    3,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rms13 View Post
    caad9.jpgPicked this up today. CAAD9 with EC 90 fork, EA 90 stem, Ritchey WCS seat post along with some extras. Going to build with my Apex group and boat anchorish vueluta wheelset for now. Still a huge upgrade from my existing road bike so I'm pretty excited to join the club
    Very nice. That is going to be one sweet ride.

  16. #8066
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannondale CAAD9, 1989 Centurion Ironman Master Dave Scott
    Posts
    2,040
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rms13 View Post
    caad9.jpgPicked this up today. CAAD9 with EC 90 fork, EA 90 stem, Ritchey WCS seat post along with some extras. Going to build with my Apex group and boat anchorish vueluta wheelset for now. Still a huge upgrade from my existing road bike so I'm pretty excited to join the club
    White bars/black tape
    Black bars/white tape
    or
    Black bars/black tape?
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/rms13

  17. #8067
    Senior Member seymour1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    My Bikes
    CAAD7
    Posts
    1,993
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rms13 View Post
    White bars/black tape
    Black bars/white tape
    or
    Black bars/black tape?
    Black bars/Black tape/Black saddle

  18. #8068
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Central Cali
    My Bikes
    The Cult
    Posts
    485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdms mvp View Post
    here's my caad that i changed bits around to serve a purpose (merckx style TT). And it served its purpose well and WON!!

    130mm stem. 50cm caad. it was a strange feeling

    This bike looks preggo with that water bottle, but preggo is beautiful

  19. #8069
    Senior Member THSdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    My Bikes
    '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdms mvp View Post
    here's my caad that i changed bits around to serve a purpose (merckx style TT). And it served its purpose well and WON!!

    130mm stem. 50cm caad. it was a strange feeling

    Well done. That was the color scheme I was hoping for when purchasing my CAAD10, but all they had left was the white/red. I'm thinking about taking mine to a few Merckx style TTs this summer just to see how my legs stack up to real cyclists. How deep are those rims? The MO State Merckx TT has a max rim depth of something like 34mm or something, which isn't a problem for me, in fact it might help me since my competitors won't be rolling up on rims much deeper than my aluminum rims.
    -THSdrummer
    Saving for: -
    Current Rides: 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3
    1988 Raleigh Talon (my dad's)
    Cycling Fan - NCAA DII Runner - Looking to finally join the cycling community

  20. #8070
    Senior Member EnsitMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    2013 Cannondale SuperSix - 1998 CAAD3 R500 - 2012 Demo 8 Carbon
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My around town commuter, but thought I'd post it for kicks since I was playing with these wheels I just got.


  21. #8071
    Senior Member h2oxtc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Okanagan, BC
    My Bikes
    Cannondale; Jamis, Kona, Rocky Mntn
    Posts
    586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seymour1910 View Post
    Black bars/Black tape/Black saddle
    +1 on the black tape/bars/saddle

    Maybe red colored hubs on the next wheelset?


    Quote Originally Posted by EnsitMike View Post
    My around town commuter, but thought I'd post it for kicks since I was playing with these wheels I just got.

    Nice - this photo proves that older Caads don't die, they live to ride again, and again, ..
    but I wished the straps on the pedals were off for the photo.

  22. #8072
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    four 1 OHHH , Maryland
    My Bikes
    nagasawa, fuji track pro
    Posts
    2,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THSdrummer View Post
    Well done. That was the color scheme I was hoping for when purchasing my CAAD10, but all they had left was the white/red. I'm thinking about taking mine to a few Merckx style TTs this summer just to see how my legs stack up to real cyclists. How deep are those rims? The MO State Merckx TT has a max rim depth of something like 34mm or something, which isn't a problem for me, in fact it might help me since my competitors won't be rolling up on rims much deeper than my aluminum rims.
    They are bontrager d3 5, 50mm. yea different organizers seem to have different rules. Ours was no disc wheels, must have 16 or more spokes. No rim depth restriction. No tt helmets (although by USAC, they are mass start legal.) Skintsuits , shoe covers, all game.

  23. #8073
    Senior Member EnsitMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    2013 Cannondale SuperSix - 1998 CAAD3 R500 - 2012 Demo 8 Carbon
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2oxtc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EnsitMike View Post
    My around town commuter, but thought I'd post it for kicks since I was playing with these wheels I just got.

    Nice - this photo proves that older Caads don't die, they live to ride again, and again, ..
    but I wished the straps on the pedals were off for the photo.
    I kind of agree! I may do another one because I want to slam the stem. I have it in comfort mode here.

  24. #8074
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Tampa
    My Bikes
    2013 Cannondale CAAD10 4 Rival, 2013 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disk 29
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up my CAAD10 4 Rival

  25. #8075
    Senior Member macca33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Australia
    My Bikes
    2011 CAAD10 Berzerker Ult6800 & 2012 CAAD10-Team Ult6800
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some nice rigs on display here - keep them coming!

    cheers
    CAAD10 Berzerker - Ultegra6800
    CAAD10 Team - Ultegra6800

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •