Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2011 colnago ace

    any opinions on the 2011 colnago ace with veloce

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Venice, CA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Infinito, Bianchi Via Nirone, Bianchi Vigorelli
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    link?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunky View Post
    link?
    http://www.colnago.com/bikes/2011/ace

  4. #4
    STP
    STP is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Venice, CA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Infinito, Bianchi Via Nirone, Bianchi Vigorelli
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colnago make amazing bikes but I think they should get more creative with their frame design as far as curves, aero lines go, but the paint job is nice and I am sure it rides like a dream

  6. #6
    Boom. Blackdays's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh -> Cleveland for school
    Posts
    2,410
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunky View Post
    Colnago make amazing bikes but I think they should get more creative with their frame design as far as curves, aero lines go, but the paint job is nice and I am sure it rides like a dream
    And turn into the ugliness that is Pinarello? No.
    Cat 3 o' meter: 0%

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like the bike.......lower end colnago carbon manufactured with their asian manufacturer

    i also always loved the look of BMC ....any opinions on the SL01 roadracer would be great.its the aluminum bike with carbon

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Venice, CA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Infinito, Bianchi Via Nirone, Bianchi Vigorelli
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdays View Post
    And turn into the ugliness that is Pinarello? No.
    But I like Pinarello

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB25 View Post
    i like the bike.......lower end colnago carbon manufactured with their asian manufacturer

    i also always loved the look of BMC ....any opinions on the SL01 roadracer would be great.its the aluminum bike with carbon
    I really think people need to lighten up on the whole asia vs europe manufacturing. Its not like little old Giuseppe is leaning over your frame polishing each thread to perfection......for the most part asia not only produces more of the worlds good, but they are damn good at it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member fa63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    My Bikes
    Zanconato Road, Seven Elium
    Posts
    1,401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB25 View Post
    any opinions on the 2011 colnago ace with veloce
    Looks like a nice bike with very sensible geometry. What is the MSRP, do you know?
    "Donít argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".


  10. #10
    Boom. Blackdays's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh -> Cleveland for school
    Posts
    2,410
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SL01 is full carbon. From what I've heard, it's a great bike.
    Cat 3 o' meter: 0%

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunky View Post
    But I like Pinarello



    I really think people need to lighten up on the whole asia vs europe manufacturing. Its not like little old Giuseppe is leaning over your frame polishing each thread to perfection......for the most part asia not only produces more of the worlds good, but they are damn good at it.
    i believe that 95% of bikes are manufactured in asia by asian manufacturers. i am not positive of the percentage.....but safe to say majority.

    only the boutique companies such as pegoretti and others are not.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB25 View Post
    i believe that 95% of bikes are manufactured in asia by asian manufacturers. i am not positive of the percentage.....but safe to say majority.

    only the boutique companies such as pegoretti and others are not.
    and some high end bikes of the many larger popular companies

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdays View Post
    SL01 is full carbon. From what I've heard, it's a great bike.
    its a 2008 sl01 that i may pick up. it was still aluminum then with carbon stays and carbon fork and 2008 sram rival crankset and sram force for the rest

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fa63 View Post
    Looks like a nice bike with very sensible geometry. What is the MSRP, do you know?
    for a 2011 around 3 thousand $......
    i have a connection......i can get it under a grand!.....so getting no matter what.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Venice, CA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Infinito, Bianchi Via Nirone, Bianchi Vigorelli
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy low then sell higher....take difference and try out a few models and buy the bike you like best

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunky View Post
    Buy low then sell higher....take difference and try out a few models and buy the bike you like best
    yes...i agree...had that thought in mind whole time.....i make out great and i can offer the next owner a good price as well. thats if i decide to sell it of course.

  17. #17
    Throw the stick!!!! LowCel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    My Bikes
    GMC Denali
    Posts
    17,586
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm riding a Colnago CX1 and I couldn't be more happy with it. With that said, if they start putting curves in it like Pinarello I will never own another one.
    I may be fat but I'm slow enough to make up for it.

  18. #18
    Iconoclast rat fink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    My Bikes
    Colnago Super, Fuji Opus III, Specialized Rockhopper
    Posts
    3,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCel View Post
    I'm riding a Colnago CX1 and I couldn't be more happy with it. With that said, if they start putting curves in it like Pinarello I will never own another one.
    I like the Dogma in spite of the curves, but I agree with you.
    "Winning is the best deodorant. Someone can look at your bike and say it stinks, but if you win with it, suddenly it's okay." - Jim Busby

  19. #19
    stole your bike roadiejorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Bergen, NJ
    My Bikes
    Orbea Orca, Ridley Compact
    Posts
    6,693
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meh. Then again I'm not a Colnago fan.
    I like pie

  20. #20
    Senior Member runningDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it reminds me of the Gary Fisher Cronus - in both form and function.

  21. #21
    Iconoclast rat fink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    My Bikes
    Colnago Super, Fuji Opus III, Specialized Rockhopper
    Posts
    3,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That frame has an obscenely long head tube per frame size.
    "Winning is the best deodorant. Someone can look at your bike and say it stinks, but if you win with it, suddenly it's okay." - Jim Busby

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by runningdoc View Post
    it reminds me of the gary fisher cronus - in both form and function.
    i watched a video for the fisher cronus and understand why you said that
    and by the way.......i ride around manhattan as well

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Getting dropped in Rock Creek Park
    My Bikes
    '85 Merckx Professional, '91 De Rosa Professional, Surly CrossCheck, '93 Merckx Corsa, '07 Merckx Premium team bike
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are paying for the Colnago name on this, period. I see RA Cycles has this for $2700 with Shimano 105 5700. Unless you're gung ho on having Colnago on your downtube, there's plenty of full carbon Roubaix style bikes out there for a much better pricepoint. Honestly, this is just a random Asian carbon frame (not that there's anything inferior with Asian carbon), that Colnago just slapped its name on. I'd get a Carbon Cannondale Synapse or Specialized Rubaix. If you want to ride a proper 'Nago, then you need to be able to ride their standard geo. Otherwise it's just not a Colnago.

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh View Post
    You are paying for the Colnago name on this, period. I see RA Cycles has this for $2700 with Shimano 105 5700. Unless you're gung ho on having Colnago on your downtube, there's plenty of full carbon Roubaix style bikes out there for a much better pricepoint. Honestly, this is just a random Asian carbon frame (not that there's anything inferior with Asian carbon), that Colnago just slapped its name on. I'd get a Carbon Cannondale Synapse or Specialized Rubaix. If you want to ride a proper 'Nago, then you need to be able to ride their standard geo. Otherwise it's just not a Colnago.

    I hear your point, but each company designs their frames, then source out for manufacturing. Cannondale frames are today made in Asia… and the talk is by the same Taiwanese manufacturer as some Scott and Specialized frames. i mentioned earlier about the majority of frames come from asia.

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh View Post
    You are paying for the Colnago name on this, period. I see RA Cycles has this for $2700 with Shimano 105 5700. Unless you're gung ho on having Colnago on your downtube, there's plenty of full carbon Roubaix style bikes out there for a much better pricepoint. Honestly, this is just a random Asian carbon frame (not that there's anything inferior with Asian carbon), that Colnago just slapped its name on. I'd get a Carbon Cannondale Synapse or Specialized Rubaix.
    If you want to ride a proper 'Nago, then you need to be able to ride their standard geo.
    Otherwise it's just not a Colnago.
    about standard geo for colnago.....i think i have to agree...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •