Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Orbea T23

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Orbea T23

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-12, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Orbea T23

Quick question. I recently got a Specialized Allez Compact 2013, I couldn't be happier and never thought I would say, I can't wait to ride!LOL!! I was in a bike shop with a friend who got jealous when he saw my bike. Anyway this shop mainly carries Cannondale. I saw a bike called the Orbea T23. I have seen them but really haven't much about the brand. Is that a good company and bike? That could be a possibilty for my friend who also looked at the Cannondale CAAD8 7. I really thought that Orbea looked nice.
Old 08-26-12, 12:12 PM
blah blah blah

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Orbea is a well known Spanish bicycle company, and most big bike companies make fairly decent bikes now. I doubt any aluminum framed bike from a respectable company is going to be a lemon, except for the occasional one that slips through quality control which happens with all companies...

The Orbea Aqua T23 has lower quality Shimano 2300 components on it compared to the Cannondale CAAD8-7 with Shimano Sora components. I've no experience personally with 2300 versus Sora, but conventional wisdom is to go for at least Sora (if not Tiagra or 105) over 2300.
Old 08-26-12, 12:17 PM

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For the MSRP on the website, you can get a sora equipped bike at that price. Which is better than 2300. But as others have mentioned, at least try to get Tiagra. I have the new 10 speed and its my first road bike and I like it. Doesn't have the thumb shifter which has been said to be problematic while in the drops. Shifts are pretty smooth and quiet if you ease up a bit and aren't mashing it.
Old 08-26-12, 12:29 PM

Bikes: Orbea Onix TLT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love the Orbea brand. I started out with the Orbea Gavia which I believe has the Aqua frame. It was a solid bike that I liked so much when it was time to upgrade I got the Orbea Onix TLT. Overall solid company but if as others have said you can get better components at the same price from another company I would. It all depends on how much you like the fit compared to other bikes. Also if you buy it new you get a lifetime warranty on the frame with Orbea. Keep in mind I have heard that Orbea riders tend to run with smaller than usual frame sizes. I wouldn't know because all I've ever ridden is Orbea and have nothing to compare them to.