Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member RedVVing19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cateye Stealth 10/50

    Stealth 10 ($120) = Garmin 200
    https://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/CC-GL10/

    Stealth 50 ($150) = Garmin 500
    https://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/CC-GL50/

    I was just about to buy an Edge 500 but now I might have to wait until February/March, though I generally dont like products.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    My Bikes
    2011 Trek Rumblefish (FS)
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedVVing19 View Post
    Stealth 10 ($120) = Garmin 200
    https://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/CC-GL10/

    Stealth 50 ($150) = Garmin 500
    https://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/CC-GL50/

    I was just about to buy an Edge 500 but now I might have to wait until February/March, though I generally dont like products.
    Stealth 50 does not seem to be equal (or close to) Garmin 500.
    Garmin 500 is more advanced - has mini map, you can download routes and turn by turn directions, shows elevation, and lot more neat functions.

  3. #3
    On a Mission from God FunkyStickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Thibodaux, LA
    My Bikes
    Custom chopper, Surly LHT
    Posts
    1,990
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
    Stealth 50 does not seem to be equal (or close to) Garmin 500.
    Garmin 500 is more advanced - has mini map, you can download routes and turn by turn directions, shows elevation, and lot more neat functions.
    It's also $100 cheaper than the Garmin. If all you're looking for is data collection, the Stealth 50 looks like it would do the job. I've seen people posting about issues with the Garmin 500, though I'm sure they're mostly fine... I'm more of a "click it and forget it" type of rider, I don't focus on the computer.

    Think of it as as Edge 200 with Ant+ for the same price.

  4. #4
    In the Pain Cave thechemist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,669
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyStickman View Post
    It's also $100 cheaper than the Garmin. If all you're looking for is data collection, the Stealth 50 looks like it would do the job. I've seen people posting about issues with the Garmin 500, though I'm sure they're mostly fine... I'm more of a "click it and forget it" type of rider, I don't focus on the computer.

    Think of it as as Edge 200 with Ant+ for the same price.
    Not to mention this will work with trainingpeaks so the only thing it will lack is GPS while riding. I am looking forward to this and I don't see why this couldn't compete with garmin!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Stealth 50 and am impressed with it. Clearly there are features that the Garmin has, that the Stealth does not, but you would expect that.



    the unit performs well, the display is very good. I do not understand people talking about the "clunkieness" of holding down the mode button to save a trip, this is exactly the same as resetting the Garmin in order to save a ride track, just a different button.



    my only complaint with theStealth actually is the proprietary cable/sled for downloading and charging. Of course this means you can't use any of your other cables, but the sled is what makes the whole unit water proof.



    pluses and minuses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •