After 4 years of faithful service, I have retired my 2008 Orbea Orca frameset and it is now on its way to a new owner. It was an awesome bike that indeed turned heads everywhere. Now I have decided to make my dream bike of 2012 come true ...
2012 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Di2 (56cm)
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 7970 Groupset
- Cannondale Hollowgram SL BB30 Cranks
- FSA Super Road DA79 N10 Compact Chainrings (may upgrade to Praxis Works chainrings)
- Zipp 404 Firecrest Clinchers
- Hutchinson Fusion 3 Road Tubeless Tires
- FSA K-Force Seatpost
- Stealth Pro Integrated Handlebars
- Fizik Aliante Saddle
- Fizik Microtex Bar Tape
- Look Keo Blade pedals
- Moro D' Elite Bottle Cages
Total weight = 15.58lbs
The bike accelerates and climbs better than my Orbea. It is also super smooth, but I think it is because I am running lower pressures on a tubeless setup. It is a very stiff bike yet it doesn't beat me up too much on the rough surfaces. I really like that there are no external cables along the top tube or the down tube. The internal Di2 option, in my opinion, was a good investment and worth the extra cost. Front shifting is fine, but I heard that there are better chainring options like the Praxis Works. We'll see. Overall, I LOVE this bike!