I figured I should share with the 41 the system I have developed, over DECADES of riding, to clean my shorts/bibs and jersey after a long ride.
I know most of you just throw your kit in the washer and dryer, and if that works for you, that's great. I think your cycling clothes will last longer if you wash them by hand (or in my case, by foot).
So you come home all sweaty and stinky from a ride. You need a shower. Kill two birds with one stone.
1. Throw bike clothes in the shower. Be sure to cover the drain (with the clothing) if you use a stall shower, or better yet put the plunger down like you are taking a bath.
2. Turn on water and once you have desired temperature, hop in the shower.
3. Stomp on your bike clothes for 20 seconds (prewash)
4. Shampoo hair and after rinsing, stomp on bike clothes again for approx 30 seconds (wash cycle #1 ).
5. Wash body with soap and rinse, after rinsing stomp on bike clothes yet again for 30 seconds (wash cycle #2 ).
6. Pick up bike clothes and wring out, hold under running shower, repeat rinse/wring 3 times. (rinse cycle)
I then let them hang on the shower bar for a few minutes while I get dressed, then wring out one last time and air dry.