Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3021
BikesDirect.com
  1. #1251
    Bridge Burner RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience, & a Parts Bin Rain Bike
    Posts
    8,049
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    All this beer talk in the morning. Now I want to go get toasty.
    In the brief period that I played WoW, two friends and I would gab over Skype as we played together. The most frequent noise from one friend's mike was beer opening. Internet drinking peer pressure is insidious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westley
    We are men of action. Lies do not become us.

  2. #1252
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't need to carry any I-beams today, but I do need to look for some new dress shoes. Will Guinness still help?
    They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they?

  3. #1253
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    In the brief period that I played WoW, two friends and I would gab over Skype as we played together. The most frequent noise from one friend's mike was beer opening. Internet drinking peer pressure is insidious.
    I'm going to guess... druid?
    They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they?

  4. #1254
    Mostly Harmless rjones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chittenango, NY
    My Bikes
    Have two wheels
    Posts
    26,963
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    I don't need to carry any I-beams today, but I do need to look for some new dress shoes. Will Guinness still help?
    Quote Originally Posted by coasting View Post
    stems should be short. short and thin does the trick.

  5. #1255
    Bridge Burner RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience, & a Parts Bin Rain Bike
    Posts
    8,049
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    I'm going to guess... druid?
    I don't have any idea what you are implying, unless it is an obscure reference to Getafix from the Asterix and Obellix graphic novels. But I played a gnome Rogue, and my lush friend was a dwarf tank (whatever the heck the game called fighter).
    Quote Originally Posted by Westley
    We are men of action. Lies do not become us.

  6. #1256
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seals it - step one in increasing my dapperness will be a Guinness.
    They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they?

  7. #1257
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I don't have any idea what you are implying, unless it is an obscure reference to Getafix from the Asterix and Obellix graphic novels. But I played a gnome Rogue, and my lush friend was a dwarf tank (whatever the heck the game called fighter).
    Not implying anything, just guessing what class you played as. I rather like rogues, too. Well, my idea of rogues - not having played WoW, I don't know that there's a direct correlation.

    Usually there are a couple types of bruising fighters - the ones that favor dealing lots of damage with two-handed weapons and the "sword and board" tanks that are built to attract enemy attention and can take a lot of damage (allowing the less robust in their party to do their thing).

    I need to find a good RPG....
    They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they?

  8. #1258
    Bridge Burner RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience, & a Parts Bin Rain Bike
    Posts
    8,049
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW is weird as far as classes. Rogues are fragile, high damage characters, and fighters are tough, lower damage guys. Druids are one of the most powerful solo characters, because they can be fighters, rogues, and healers interchangeably. It all works, but screws with your recollection if you cut your RPG teeth on AD&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westley
    We are men of action. Lies do not become us.

  9. #1259
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be fairly consistent with my ideas. Only played a few sessions of AD&D, and that was 25+ years ago, so no conflicts there.
    They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they?

  10. #1260
    Casually Deliberate Ramona_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A desirable midtown neighhborhood in Vancouver, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 820
    Posts
    2,572
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    In the brief period that I played WoW, two friends and I would gab over Skype as we played together. The most frequent noise from one friend's mike was beer opening. Internet drinking peer pressure is insidious.
    I'm an NA Beck's girl although the O'Douls is easier to find when I'm out. A few years back I got an NA German beer that reminded me why I rarely drank any beer when I lived there. If I wanted to drink porridge...
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride."- John F. Kennedy

  11. #1261
    Senior Member TampaRaleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    My Bikes
    1986 Raleigh Competition
    Posts
    1,918
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona_W View Post
    A few years back I got an NA German beer that reminded me why I rarely drank any beer when I lived there. If I wanted to drink porridge...
    I'm half Berliner... most of the time I LOVE heavy beers.

    But I am thrilled to see that the Berliner Weisse is beginning to gain popularity in Florida... it's even got its own moniker: the Floriner Weisse. A fabulous drink on a hot summer day.

  12. #1262
    rigamortis tortoise LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, USA
    My Bikes
    My War
    Posts
    23,701
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    49 degrees F @ 1000 hrs. Clear blue skies. Shorts day!!!
    1980ish Free Spirit Sunbird fixed * 1996 Mongoose IBOC Zero-G * 1995ish Park Pre Pro 825 * 1997 KHS Comp * 1990-ish Scapin * Lemond Buenos Aires Triple

  13. #1263
    Casually Deliberate Ramona_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A desirable midtown neighhborhood in Vancouver, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 820
    Posts
    2,572
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaRaleigh View Post
    I'm half Berliner... most of the time I LOVE heavy beers.

    But I am thrilled to see that the Berliner Weisse is beginning to gain popularity in Florida... it's even got its own moniker: the Floriner Weisse. A fabulous drink on a hot summer day.
    There's a lot of beers, etc I'd like to try if they made an NA version though I understand why they don't. (I've had issues in the past plus I'm not the kind of girl who *has* to drink if you know what I mean.)
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride."- John F. Kennedy

  14. #1264
    Senior Member TampaRaleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    My Bikes
    1986 Raleigh Competition
    Posts
    1,918
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona_W View Post
    There's a lot of beers, etc I'd like to try if they made an NA version though I understand why they don't. (I've had issues in the past plus I'm not the kind of girl who *has* to drink if you know what I mean.)
    Definitely... the Berliner Weisse generally run about 3% abv. Sooo... not exacly N/A... but definitely easily drinkable. I doubt my stomach would hold enough to get me to the point of intoxication. LOL

  15. #1265
    Senior Member truckstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    My Bikes
    '10 Felt ZW6, '06 Bianchi San Jose, '04 Giant Yukon
    Posts
    4,341
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    WoW is weird as far as classes. Rogues are fragile, high damage characters, and fighters are tough, lower damage guys. Druids are one of the most powerful solo characters, because they can be fighters, rogues, and healers interchangeably. It all works, but screws with your recollection if you cut your RPG teeth on AD&D.
    my main character is a hunter. damage with a pet that can tank. works well for soloing. my other favorite is a druid that is mostly a healer.

  16. #1266
    Senior Member truckstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    My Bikes
    '10 Felt ZW6, '06 Bianchi San Jose, '04 Giant Yukon
    Posts
    4,341
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

  17. #1267
    Senior Member TampaRaleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    My Bikes
    1986 Raleigh Competition
    Posts
    1,918
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

  18. #1268
    Senior Member TampaRaleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    My Bikes
    1986 Raleigh Competition
    Posts
    1,918
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaRaleigh View Post
    Wow... you can't say that word that means a sharp object puncturing something.

  19. #1269
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaRaleigh View Post
    Wow... you can't say that word that means a sharp object puncturing something.
    Pierce? You can say 'pierce.'
    They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they?

  20. #1270
    Senior Member TampaRaleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    My Bikes
    1986 Raleigh Competition
    Posts
    1,918
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    Pierce? You can say 'pierce.'
    More like: "I rode over some tacks and they pricked my tire. There were lots of ****** on the roadway."

  21. #1271
    Bridge Burner RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience, & a Parts Bin Rain Bike
    Posts
    8,049
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by truckstop View Post
    my main character is a hunter. damage with a pet that can tank. works well for soloing. my other favorite is a druid that is mostly a healer.
    That made me recall that my Horde character was a hunter, and I didn't know you could get more than one pet. So he had a spider named Bacon that I kept forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westley
    We are men of action. Lies do not become us.

  22. #1272
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    That made me recall that my Horde character was a hunter, and I didn't know you could get more than one pet. So he had a spider named Bacon that I kept forever.
    I hate companions/animals. I usually favor stealthy approaches and they just cramp my style.

    ....although Bacon is a fine name.
    They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they?

  23. #1273
    Bridge Burner RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience, & a Parts Bin Rain Bike
    Posts
    8,049
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Everyone loves Bacon." That was the premise, because the AI was annoying otherwise. How can you get mad at Bacon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Westley
    We are men of action. Lies do not become us.

  24. #1274
    Casually Deliberate Ramona_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A desirable midtown neighhborhood in Vancouver, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 820
    Posts
    2,572
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaRaleigh View Post
    Definitely... the Berliner Weisse generally run about 3% abv. Sooo... not exacly N/A... but definitely easily drinkable. I doubt my stomach would hold enough to get me to the point of intoxication. LOL
    Ha! The cough syrup I took this weekend was 10%.
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride."- John F. Kennedy

  25. #1275
    Casually Deliberate Ramona_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A desirable midtown neighhborhood in Vancouver, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 820
    Posts
    2,572
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaRaleigh View Post
    Wow... you can't say that word that means a sharp object puncturing something.
    Can you post Ocean told Prometheus "Just learn one thing from me: Don't kick against the ******"?
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride."- John F. Kennedy

Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •