Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 62 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3021
  1. #1526
    Senior Member RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Rejected
    Posts
    6,266
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does matching post and stem really matter? Because I hate it when they don't match, but are we really just feeding odd compulsions?

  2. #1527
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    9,110
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wherever C4L lives, winter must have just hit him hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  3. #1528
    Senior Member RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Rejected
    Posts
    6,266
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets View Post
    43x16 is the ratio on my fixed gear. Gets me around pretty good.
    I stumbled on a Stronglight single speed crankset, but the smallest ring available is 49T. I am wondering if 49x16 will be much worse than the current 47x16, and if my entry to "normal" bmi will offset any climbing disadvantage.

    Typing this made my left knee throb.

  4. #1529
    Senior Member halfspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    My Bikes
    are better than yours.
    Posts
    10,805
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    Wherever C4L lives, winter must have just hit him hard.
    I kind of feel bad for the guy.
    Telemachus has, indeed, sneezed.

  5. #1530
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    9,110
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Off to NYC for a long weekend. Have fun, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  6. #1531
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    9,110
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
    I kind of feel bad for the guy.
    Ha. Liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  7. #1532
    Senior Member halfspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    My Bikes
    are better than yours.
    Posts
    10,805
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    Ha. Liar.
    I said "kind of".
    Telemachus has, indeed, sneezed.

  8. #1533
    So it is LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    My Bikes
    81 Puch Luzerne, 90 Schwinn 684, Ridley Boreas, November Wheelhouse
    Posts
    5,940
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    Does matching post and stem really matter? Because I hate it when they don't match, but are we really just feeding odd compulsions?
    Absolutely, but that's OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpenmanparker View Post
    Not to be argumentative

  9. #1534
    Free @coasting RUOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a Haggard Song
    My Bikes
    2009 ORBEA Onix Rival. 2012 Felt Breed, 1999 Raleigh 500
    Posts
    10,229
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbxx1985 View Post
    SS cross is the perfect commuter. I miss the commuting days.
    correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    Being full of crap and depositing it here consistently is really nothing to be proud of.

  10. #1535
    Mostly Harmless rjones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chittenango, NY
    My Bikes
    Have two wheels
    Posts
    21,930
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I use a Ritchey fork, do I have to use Ritchey stem, seatpost, and bars? Or can I use another brand, like Easton or Cinelli?
    Quote Originally Posted by truckstop View Post
    getting banned from trollheim. does that mean you win?

  11. #1536
    So it is LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    My Bikes
    81 Puch Luzerne, 90 Schwinn 684, Ridley Boreas, November Wheelhouse
    Posts
    5,940
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    If I use a Ritchey fork, do I have to use Ritchey stem, seatpost, and bars? Or can I use another brand, like Easton or Cinelli?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by rpenmanparker View Post
    Not to be argumentative

  12. #1537
    Senior Member RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Rejected
    Posts
    6,266
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    Yes
    Clearly.

  13. #1538
    Super Moderator BillyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    My Bikes
    Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92; Schwinn Continental '76.
    Posts
    11,911
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    If I use a Ritchey fork, do I have to use Ritchey stem, seatpost, and bars? Or can I use another brand, like Easton or Cinelli?
    Troll
    Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
    Titanium Division

  14. #1539
    shaken, not stirred. gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Shaky Isles.
    My Bikes
    I've lost count.
    Posts
    2,909
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I stumbled on a Stronglight single speed crankset, but the smallest ring available is 49T. I am wondering if 49x16 will be much worse than the current 47x16, and if my entry to "normal" bmi will offset any climbing disadvantage.

    Typing this made my left knee throb.
    Is it an old Stronglight crank for a square taper BB? They have a slightly different thread for the dustcap/extracter than standard. You need the special Stronglight crank extracter as well.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"
    vBulletin: snafu

  15. #1540
    Can'tre Member 3alarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    ,location, location...
    My Bikes
    old ones
    Posts
    6,923
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    Does matching post and stem really matter? Because I hate it when they don't match, but are we really just feeding odd compulsions?
    ...what gets to me is people who use mismatched quick release skewer springs. That's just wrong on so many levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Australian Book of Atheism
    There is only no god, and Cyclaholic is his prophet.

  16. #1541
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    9,110
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, checking in for our flight, we couldn't get contiguous seats. Our toddler is going in a middle seat, though, and we're not going to temper his enthusiasm. We may get those contiguous seats, yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  17. #1542
    Mostly Harmless rjones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chittenango, NY
    My Bikes
    Have two wheels
    Posts
    21,930
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    Yes
    I guess I'll stay away from the Enve fork then. The rest of the bits would blow the budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by truckstop View Post
    getting banned from trollheim. does that mean you win?

  18. #1543
    Senior Member RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Rejected
    Posts
    6,266
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Is it an old Stronglight crank for a square taper BB? They have a slightly different thread for the dustcap/extracter than standard. You need the special Stronglight crank extracter as well.
    I am assuming it is new, so more of a Sugino clone than a French heirloom. But I was happy with my Stronglight 50/36 Sugino clone crank (back in the geared days), so I wouldn't be opposed to new regardless. I am muilling as it is truly a frivolous buy.

  19. #1544
    Senior Member RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Rejected
    Posts
    6,266
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My box of pedals arrived, and looking at the stack of pedals does make it feel excessive. I kind of feel like a Doomsday prepper for the Pedapocalypse. If the overwhelming majority of my unclipping is done with my left foot, and I like the 15 clips action much better than the 20, would it be wrong to use 15's on the left and 20's on the right? It would give me twice as many sets.

  20. #1545
    So it is LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    My Bikes
    81 Puch Luzerne, 90 Schwinn 684, Ridley Boreas, November Wheelhouse
    Posts
    5,940
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3alarmer View Post
    ...what gets to me is people who use mismatched quick release skewer springs. That's just wrong on so many levels.
    Ti on one side leaves the bike extremely weight biased to the heavier steel side. We just have to be aware, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpenmanparker View Post
    Not to be argumentative

  21. #1546
    Senior Member RollCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    My Bikes
    Felt Rejected
    Posts
    6,266
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news, I am starting to suspect that smoking may have negatively impacted my long function. It is just a theory that the two may be linked, as I don't have a peer reviewed medical publication to prove it.

  22. #1547
    Senior Member sbxx1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,748
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    Does matching post and stem really matter?
    Only exception is if you have a Thomson post. Otherwise, yes.

  23. #1548
    Free @coasting RUOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a Haggard Song
    My Bikes
    2009 ORBEA Onix Rival. 2012 Felt Breed, 1999 Raleigh 500
    Posts
    10,229
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    My box of pedals arrived, and looking at the stack of pedals does make it feel excessive. I kind of feel like a Doomsday prepper for the Pedapocalypse. If the overwhelming majority of my unclipping is done with my left foot, and I like the 15 clips action much better than the 20, would it be wrong to use 15's on the left and 20's on the right? It would give me twice as many sets.
    that would not be prudent
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    Being full of crap and depositing it here consistently is really nothing to be proud of.

  24. #1549
    Free @coasting RUOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a Haggard Song
    My Bikes
    2009 ORBEA Onix Rival. 2012 Felt Breed, 1999 Raleigh 500
    Posts
    10,229
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    Being full of crap and depositing it here consistently is really nothing to be proud of.

  25. #1550
    Senior Member halfspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    My Bikes
    are better than yours.
    Posts
    10,805
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    So, checking in for our flight, we couldn't get contiguous seats. Our toddler is going in a middle seat, though, and we're not going to temper his enthusiasm. We may get those contiguous seats, yet.
    The kid gets a liter of Mt Dew before the flight?
    Telemachus has, indeed, sneezed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •