Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-14, 02:49 PM   #1
bonz50
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Antioch, IL
Bikes: 2013 Synapse 4
Posts: 2,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Color options on caad10

considering a caad10 3 this spring, having a tough time deciding on the color, murdered out black or racer boy red white and blue??? black has been beat to death, but I still kinda like it there's part of me that wants something not beaten to death. any thoughts from the 41? I don't care for the charcoal 105 bike or the red rival bike, but the white/grn 105 is nice and I may go that route if money becomes an issue on it, that's the 'fall back' option if management insists.



bonz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 03:05 PM   #2
seymour1910
Senior Member
 
seymour1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Bikes:
Posts: 2,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can tell you for sure that most people are getting the black one, my local dealer is having trouble getting them and it's taking up to six weeks per order. I like both of them. The white one is nicer when you see real photos vice the stock one on the C'dale website. Here is a link to one for sale on ebay for pic purposes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-20...item51b3c3cb37
seymour1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 12:39 AM   #3
gsa103
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Bikes: Bianchi Infinito (Celeste, of course)
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Not black.
gsa103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 01:02 AM   #4
dk2ck
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I though I was the only one who liked the white one. It's so much more fun than the all black.
dk2ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 01:39 AM   #5
YOJiMBO20
Senior Member
 
YOJiMBO20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Bikes: 2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Red, white, and blue.

A nice 'murcan looking bike could help to keep rednecks from running you off the road.
YOJiMBO20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 01:51 AM   #6
macca33
Senior Member
 
macca33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: West Gippy, Australia
Bikes: 2011 CAAD10 Berzerker Ult6800, 2013 FOCUS Mares CX Ult6800 & 2012 Jamis Xenith Elite DA9000
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Black is always safe, but the coloured one is nicer.

I'm a fan of combinations of both...lol



macca33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:28 AM   #7
dave1442397
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Bikes: 2014 Boardman SLS 9.4 Di2, 2011 CAAD 10 4
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I find that I always like the all-black bikes at first glance, but I wouldn't want to own one. I like some color in my life.
dave1442397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 07:07 AM   #8
qcpmsame 
Cycling Saved My Life
 
qcpmsame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Bikes: '12 CAAD 10 Ultegra, '78 Medici Pro Strada, 80s Tommasini Prestige
Posts: 10,480
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
The Red, White and Blue colourway would be my choice. The matte black has been overdone and it seems that they are on every line offered by the various manufacturers. My CAAD 10 is the old Gulf Racing scheme, light blue with orange highlights, no regrets there. All this said, any colourway Cannondale would be fine by me.

Bill
__________________
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me", Philippians 4:13

“No one chooses Parkinson’s, but everyone has a choice when deciding how they will live with it.”
Davis Phinney
qcpmsame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 07:45 AM   #9
SirHustlerEsq
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rep. of Dallas
Bikes:
Posts: 1,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
They really made most of their bikes too ugly to love.
SirHustlerEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 08:03 AM   #10
himespau 
Senior Member
 
himespau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Bikes:
Posts: 9,881
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
If the blue were darker, I'd say go that way. As it is? I'm not a fan of mixing pastels with primary colors. But the black on black, while cool looking, seems a bit cliche at this point to me. Any last years models with different colorways available at a discount?
himespau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 08:32 AM   #11
valygrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Boulder, CO
Bikes:
Posts: 8,483
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Red white & baby blue
valygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 08:55 AM   #12
Bah Humbug
runner
 
Bah Humbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin
Bikes: Cervelo S1
Posts: 9,704
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
I am absolutely sick of all black anything and the term "murdered out". It was already old a decade ago, when I was a car guy, and that was all anyone wanted to make their cars look like.
Bah Humbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 08:58 AM   #13
bonz50
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Antioch, IL
Bikes: 2013 Synapse 4
Posts: 2,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seymour1910 View Post
I can tell you for sure that most people are getting the black one, my local dealer is having trouble getting them and it's taking up to six weeks per order. I like both of them. The white one is nicer when you see real photos vice the stock one on the C'dale website. Here is a link to one for sale on ebay for pic purposes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-20...item51b3c3cb37
actually that pic looks a crap ton better than the stock photo on the site.

the shop however does have a 2013 Black Inc caad for 2900, a bit of a stretch for me and I doubt I could get clearance from the tower on that one, but admittedly a sweet ride, but for the same price they have a leftover EVO Red (and a himod Red, though much more cash). they also have a leftover 105 bike in 56, not sure if I'm a 56 or 58, would save me a few bucks for sure. nice to have options.
bonz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 09:12 AM   #14
chil2makefun
Senior Member
 
chil2makefun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Berlare, Belgium
Bikes: Provex (centaur carbon) 2009 - cube litening super hpc race 2013
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the white one reminds me of the color schemes cube uses
chil2makefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 09:17 AM   #15
bonz50
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Antioch, IL
Bikes: 2013 Synapse 4
Posts: 2,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chil2makefun View Post
the white one reminds me of the color schemes cube uses
a quick look at the cube site and I would agree.
bonz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 09:20 AM   #16
chil2makefun
Senior Member
 
chil2makefun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Berlare, Belgium
Bikes: Provex (centaur carbon) 2009 - cube litening super hpc race 2013
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonz50 View Post
a quick look at the cube site and I would agree.
combining the two, black with some flashy colors really does it for me
As seen here
http://www.cube.eu/bikes/road-race/l...r-hpc-slt-di2/
chil2makefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 01:25 PM   #17
seymour1910
Senior Member
 
seymour1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Bikes:
Posts: 2,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonz50 View Post
actually that pic looks a crap ton better than the stock photo on the site.

the shop however does have a 2013 Black Inc caad for 2900, a bit of a stretch for me and I doubt I could get clearance from the tower on that one, but admittedly a sweet ride, but for the same price they have a leftover EVO Red (and a himod Red, though much more cash). they also have a leftover 105 bike in 56, not sure if I'm a 56 or 58, would save me a few bucks for sure. nice to have options.

It's definately better looking with real pics, did you scroll down and see the rest of the pics? The seller did some closeups of the new Ultegra 11 speed parts and close shots of the bike.

I will say that the white 10-5 is nice with the green, but if you're cool with going with a 2013 model you will save a lot of money that could be used on ther things. it is good to have options. Can't wait to see what you decide on.
seymour1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 01:39 PM   #18
bonz50
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Antioch, IL
Bikes: 2013 Synapse 4
Posts: 2,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seymour1910 View Post
It's definately better looking with real pics, did you scroll down and see the rest of the pics? The seller did some closeups of the new Ultegra 11 speed parts and close shots of the bike.

I will say that the white 10-5 is nice with the green, but if you're cool with going with a 2013 model you will save a lot of money that could be used on ther things. it is good to have options. Can't wait to see what you decide on.
the left over '13 will be an easier sell and I like that color as well, BUT I'm diggin the white '14 with 11spd Ultegra, different, latest tech and imho, an easy upsell to the wife over one of the leftover EVO's. weather is crappy enough around here that i'll have to wait until april to test ride one, but I'm anxious. new bike purchases are so much fun. just hope life doesn't get in the way of this!!!
bonz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 01:47 PM   #19
dking
Senior Member
 
dking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St Johns, FL
Bikes: Caad 10 *Gulf Racing
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
The Red, White and Blue colourway would be my choice. The matte black has been overdone and it seems that they are on every line offered by the various manufacturers. My CAAD 10 is the old Gulf Racing scheme, light blue with orange highlights, no regrets there. All this said, any colourway Cannondale would be fine by me.

Bill
I'm With you Bill !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Caad 10 2.jpg (37.8 KB, 32 views)
dking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 01:53 PM   #20
milkbaby
blah blah blah
 
milkbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I vote white because it looks awesome and stylish. The all black is boring to me.

I think all the 2013 Evo look great except the priciest Evo Black frame which is way too boring, looks too much like the old Cannondale Black Lightning...
milkbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 04:57 PM   #21
nuke_diver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Bikes: early 80's steel 12speed, CAAD10-3 2013
Posts: 314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a white CAAD10...it gets dirty fast and I don't like to clean it. And the white tape gets dirty even faster and doesnt get clean..

I like bikes in dirt colour
nuke_diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:01 PM   #22
gus6464
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego
Bikes:
Posts: 1,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
White. Black looks like generic crap imo...
gus6464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 05:42 PM   #23
jsigone
got the climbing bug
 
jsigone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Bikes: one for everything
Posts: 8,724
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
some color is good in your life
__________________
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
jsigone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 06:06 PM   #24
mrtrinh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: OC
Bikes: CAAD10
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonz50 View Post
the left over '13 will be an easier sell and I like that color as well, BUT I'm diggin the white '14 with 11spd Ultegra, different, latest tech and imho, an easy upsell to the wife over one of the leftover EVO's. weather is crappy enough around here that i'll have to wait until april to test ride one, but I'm anxious. new bike purchases are so much fun. just hope life doesn't get in the way of this!!!
I have the '14 white caad10 team colors but with 105 (planning to install force 22 as soon as i get back from my business trip). Pictures don't do it justice, looks much better in person
mrtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 06:26 PM   #25
bknaus
Sway Bar Guru
 
bknaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Visalia, CA
Bikes: Cannondale CAAD10; Santa Cruz HighBall; Schwinn Traveler
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really wish there was an in between. They've gone too "murdered" out imo with the charcoal bike and it's almost boring but the white is too busy for me. I'd probably go with the black (that's what my CAAD10 is but it's the 2012 with white lettering to break it up a little more, see below). I like clean one color options a lot more than a company's name all over in different cool ways with funny little designs in three colors...

bknaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:26 PM.